• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Not a Fan of Secrets (Infinite Launcher etc..)

I wanna make this thread to see if anyone feels the same way pertaining to secrets in the Resident Evil games. Im talking about stuff like infinite ammo and all that.

I feel it takes away from the fun of procuring all items in the series. I know it may be fun and a different way to experience the game and all, but I find myself not in the game mentally if Im just running around blowing enemies up. In the original Resident Evils, there aren't any upgrade points so finding grenades and magnum ammo is a jackpot feel. Even in 4 and 5. I enjoy the challenge of utilizing my inventory with certain weapons and ammo, so playing with the Chicago typewriter kinda blows the steam out of advancing.
And in order to get this infinite ammo, you gotta beat the game with A rankings and all. Like in Zero, that Wesker mode, I was bummed out, they shoulda made a whole other mode, rather than just playing the game as Wesker with his powers instead of Billy. I thought there woulda been like a side mission or something. I stopped maybe an hour into it and said Id rather play the game for real.

So I just wanna see if anyone else feels the same way bout the infinite ammo deal and enjoying the original games the way they're meant to be played, utilizing and making every bullet count.

plant99

V-ACT
Personally, i agree. I think after beating the originals and doing it all under a near-impossible time- is overkill. I think the reason people like to play with infinite is because of the novelty of firing away and needlessly wasting ammo. I think you would feel immensely cocky if you could do this without scouring for ammo.

In the original Resident Evils, there aren't any upgrade points

True, you had to beat in the game in a certain time. This made the margin for average players high, so only professionals and speed-runners ever acquired the weapons.

Like in Zero, that Wesker mode, I was bummed out, they shoulda made a whole other mode, rather than just playing the game as Wesker with his powers instead of Billy.

They probably did this because of the masses of sheep that played RE5. RE5 was the cod of the series, most normal people and non-fans played it. I feel the only reason they ship wesker in these days is because of RE5.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I feel the opposite. I worked hard for that infinite ammo, so of course I'm gonna use it on repeated playthroughs :p
I'm actually not a fan of alternate outfits though.

They probably did this because of the masses of sheep that played RE5. RE5 was the cod of the series, most normal people and non-fans played it. I feel the only reason they ship wesker in these days is because of RE5.

And that is your opinion. As someone who's first video game ever was RE2, I loved RE5.

plant99

V-ACT
Fair enough that's your opinion and that's alright.

But wesker is overrated. RE5 made him too cheesy, lost any of his edge and coolness that he had and capcom morphed him into some stereotypical comic-book, cookie-cutter villain. Wesker is the "ooh people will think he's cool and recognise him" character. I liked him in REmake, RE1 and CV because he was unique but post-re5 he is just something awfully lame. He has no link to RE:0 other then being williams colleague, his role is small and he was more of a novelty. I'd of liked to see something better like an enrico mode where you get to the spencer mansion, hell, that would of been better.

As for infinite ammo, i do like to use it, but only on RE4. I haven't unlocked anything for the others [only the bowgun on revelations 2].

RE2 arrange mode, rookie mode to be precise, had infinite ammo from the get go. With that being said, all the of the game is fairly easy to get through and.

I think RE is a game where every play-through has to be true to the gameplay. Playing with infinite ammo is like a sin to me. It rids the game of the survival-horror element.

As for Wesker, hes the ultimate villain in Resident Evil, even surpassing Ozwell Spencer. I hope Resident Evil 7 gets more into Alex Wesker ( Natalia) and maybe a Wesker or Spencer comeback. Those are the true core of villians in the Resident Evil series. Code Veronica takes care of the Ashford family, and Zero takes care of James Marcus,.............

I said in another post that I would love there to be a game in 1988 where you play as Birkin and Wesker and you infiltrate Marcus' training facility and eventually kill him, it would be like Resident Evil Zero 2.

and back to infinite ammo, Ive done em, but found myself not enthusiastic to continue playing, because a huge part of the game is the challenge of making every bullet count. I know that's just me but that's why I started this thread, to get other people opinions about it. Keep playing!

Top Bottom