• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised new REmaster screens!

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
i know these are over a week old, but i don't see any mention of them here, so check it out!
c2ec9c2349b8a0afcf6f679274565688.png

dd99a73cfff1f2ef0dc57ede5ac90567.jpg

d84ba1c711aac93e3f566245ca6ea873.jpg

af47def1de769e5e8b16ba56af93ccb4.jpg

18452bf98f0b53530ce1a4ca4bfb929f.jpg

e5df7982da3683aedd9d6429b34f3d66.jpg

2d71813d0dd15a4a0d75461eceb29a82.jpg

you can find the rest of the new images here
http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/go/gallery/view/3580795

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Lisa was
the daugther of the architect George Trevor, who designed the Spencer Mansion and was killed after its completion. His family was experimented on by Umbrella, which led to the death of Jessica (his wife) whereas Lisa was turned into a monster that stalks you throughout REmake in search of its mother.

From what I've heard, this was supposed to be a plot point in the original RE1 as well, but was cut out for some reason.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
It's been a while since I last played REmake, so I don't remember it too well, but no, I don't think so. She knocks you out at one point in a scripted scene, but other than that, she just attacks you like every other enemy until you die. I don't remember her having a one-hit kill attack.

REmake enthusiast
I only ever played the original
What's the deal with Lisa Trevor?
what hel posted is correct, lisa trevor was supposed to be in RE1, but mikami has said they weren't able to fit all the content they wanted in the PS1 version, so her arc was left out.

she does instant kill on higher difficulties, i believe. i think even on the easiest game mode, three hits will kill you.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
That might very well be the case. I don't know, since I'm a chicken (see profile pic) that always plays on Easy. :happy:

One thing I forgot: In the final fight against her, she can push you off a cliff by hitting you while you're standing too close to it, which leads to an instant death. I'm not sure if that counts as a one-hit kill, since it's actually the fall that kills you rather than Lisa's attack, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

REmake enthusiast
That might very well be the case. I don't know, since I'm a chicken (see profile pic) that always plays on Easy. :happy:

One thing I forgot: In the final fight against her, she can push you off a cliff by hitting you while you're standing too close to it, which leads to an instant death. I'm not sure if that counts as a one-hit kill, since it's actually the fall that kills you rather than Lisa's attack, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
i'm not usually one to take this stance in other games or genres, but i think by playing classic RE titles on lower difficutlies, you're missing out on how that game was intended to be played. having to strategise avoiding more enemies while relying on less ammo, herbs, ink ribbons, etc (both because you find less and use more) really brings out the feeling of survival horror. it's like riding a roller coaster, sure the small ones are still worth something, but it's the big terrifying ones that are really thrilling!

however, if you're chicken, as you put it, that probably isn't for you :p

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, I'm not actually afraid of anything, it's just a personal preference. I have played through all classics on all available difficulties, and with the exception of Code Veronica and the highest difficulty of RE2, I found none of them really challenging. They are at first, when all you have is a knife, a pistol and a first-aid-spray, but RE games tend to get easier the farther you go because you collect more and more stuff, and unless you're new or really unskilled, you won't use it all up at once. By the end of RE3, which is the easiest classic in my opinion, I usually have more supplies left than even the crate can hold.

It's just that running low on supplies forces you to return to the safe rooms or places where you saw something you couldn't pick up earlier because your inventory was full, creating even more backtracking than the game already has as it is, and I'm not a fan of extensive backtracking. I also dislike the REmake's addition of crimson heads, I don't think they make the game any more scary, just more annoying, because now you do not only have to worry about herbs and ammo, but the lighter and fuel as well. So I prefer to play on Easy, where the fuel canteen can hold more fuel if I remember correctly, and I don't have to pick up every single thing I come by because chances are I won't need it anyway. Ink ribbons especially have never been a problem for me.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm quite interested in seeing how Crimson heads work, as they were never in the game I played (apart from ORC)
I used to save my amom and run past the zombies if possible, I wonder how I will handle them

DeathReaper

Jill on easy is kind of childsplay cause of barry, he coddles you through the whole game with extra supplies, even fixing the 3 use shortcut door

umbra aeterna

Jill on easy is kind of childsplay cause of barry, he coddles you through the whole game with extra supplies, even fixing the 3 use shortcut door
REMake Chris on hard mode? Good luck.

I remember on the original ps1 version the key differences being Chris is savinv and jill is being saved.i remember accidentally killing Rebecca'l and having to load enough to annoy me.

Top Bottom