• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Dino Crisis?

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I wouldn't say that without knowing the circumstances under which he left. I believe very strongly that life is too short to spend years of your life in an environment that doesn't make you happy.

I heard it was because Capcom decided to put RE4 on PS2 without telling him and he got really mad, though I don't know if I really believe that. I agree with you, though.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I heard it was because Capcom decided to put RE4 on PS2 without telling him and he got really mad.

DRAMATIZATION
Capcom: Yo, RE4's been confirmed as a Player's Choice title on GameCube.
Mikami: Kewl
Capcom: We're making a ton of money in sales, we should make a port to the PS2.
Mikami: No, that would violate our exclusivity contract with Nintendo. Plus, the PS2 has all the technical prowess of a graphing calculator. It would look pretty bad.
Capcom: Yeah, but money though.
Mikami: No.
Capcom: What if we included some half-baked extras?
Capcom: Ehh, we did it anyway. We're already pressing discs.
Mikami: F this, I'm out

That might have just been the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were. Not the direct cause, but the boiling point.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I recently played Dino crisis 2 (completed it last week) and I also have Dino crisis 1 To go through again.

I really liked these games, thr second one us more arcade but still fun to play.

I heard Dino crisis 3 was a real flop unfortunately and I attempted to watch a playthrough once unsuccessfully (I got bored)

I think a reboot would really do this game some favours, especially since dinosaurs are "the flavour" right now.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
I wouldn't mind a Dino Crisis reboot. It's been a while since I played DC1&DC2. Never played DC3, but I heard it was crappy anyways.

Capcom is sitting on so many IPs, but they aren't doing anything with it! I wouldn't mind if Mikami-san obtains the rights for the game, but that's unlikely to happen -.-'

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
DRAMATIZATION
Capcom: Yo, RE4's been confirmed as a Player's Choice title on GameCube.
Mikami: Kewl
Capcom: We're making a ton of money in sales, we should make a port to the PS2.
Mikami: No, that would violate our exclusivity contract with Nintendo. Plus, the PS2 has all the technical prowess of a graphing calculator. It would look pretty bad.
Capcom: Yeah, but money though.
Capcom: What if we included some half-baked extras?
Capcom: Ehh, we did it anyway. We're already pressing discs.
Mikami: F this, I'm out

You should write a soap opera. This was better than any episode of Coronation Street I've ever seen. That show is horrible.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I heard it was because Capcom decided to put RE4 on PS2 without telling him and he got really mad, though I don't know if I really believe that. I agree with you, though.
Ah. Gotcha. I remember how ****ed I was when it was announced that RE 4 was being ported to PS2 - mainly because I'd purchased a Gamecube just for RE 4. Never a huge gamer outside the RE series.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'd love to see how a modern take on Dino Crisis would look with next-gen graphics, though they'd probably change the game mechanics quite a bit from the classic PS1 DC games.

PS, it also had that "This Game Contains Scenes of Explicit Violence and Gore" disclaimer at the pre-game screen just like the REs of old.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
So, Google released a whole bunch of lists for its users' top searches in 2015. The general list of top trending searches puts Jurassic World second - just below Lamar Odom and above Ronda Rousey, Paris, Fallout 4, Caitlyn Jenner, etc etc. This might mean nothing to Capcom, but the fact that JW ranked second for most google searches is super interesting.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
If Capcom does ever reboot Dino Crisis, what previous game will they base the story and gameplay off of?
Dino Crisis, Dino Crisis 2 or (god forbid) Dino Crisis 3?

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
If Capcom does ever reboot Dino Crisis, what previous game will they base the story and gameplay off of?

Dino crisis 1!

I did enjoy Dino crisis 2 but it was too arcadey.
We don't talk about Dino crisis 3...

IntoxNitram

I'd take a reboot that combined the first two any day of the week. That way they could make it slightly more practical in terms of financial outlay and still bring in new people to the IP to finance/spur on another game.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
Didn't play Dino Crisis 3 because i don't have an Xbox But i liked it. The idea was good but the execution was bad.

A reboot sounds great.

Top Bottom