• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 New Characters are boring

potato

Anyone felt the new characters in the game are boring?

Their design looks more like COD than RE, nothing special, and their character is at most mediocre Jessica feels just like a typical B!tch.

I felt it has to worst characters in the franchise that you felt no connections at all with them.

Even Chris & Jill doesn't feel like they've been partners for years.

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
The new characters in this one that really got on my nerves were Keith and Quint. Keith for his atrocious "This blows" catch phrase(I mean, really, he says that multiple times) and Quint for his voice and being generally awful.

On the other hand, I found Parker enjoyable. Kind of reminded me of an Italian Barry Burton, lolz. And I wont lie, Raymond looked like Conan O'Brien so naturally I like that too.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I do not only dislike Quint and Keith, I also think their role in the game would have been completely unnecessary if the story had been set up a little differently. Why weren't the main characters able to figure out O'Brian's plot? Would have made more sense, but considering how incredibly dense both Jill and Chris have always been, I guess some input from other characters was needed... Although I hate how the main story on the ship is always interrupted for two minutes of gameplay with those two clowns.

Jessica, while I'm not a fan of her, was a nice relief. I believe we never had a "b!tchy" character like her before, most others are pretty much the same while they're on duty, and I like her comments about Parker buying her dinner etc. I also like Rachel, but not Raymond... maybe it's because I want to throw up every time I see his face, I'm not sure.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Quint and Keith, were the comical relief. but i can somewhat agree that they have their "dense" moments. as for the mentioned Jessica's Beachy attitude thing, in a odd way i like it :p

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
I've come to like Parker more than I thought I would. Though I wouldn't have minded ol' Barry being in his place in the game, but it's no big deal.

Jessica's okay. She doesn't really stand out or anything, but she's not bad. Plus, she's hot, so that's always a plus. :p

Dearheart Captive

Power is life
I found Quint and Keith to be amusing even if they weren't 100% necessary. Parker felt like an attempt at recreating Barry that came across awkward to me but Jessica was a believable character.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I found Quint and Keith to be amusing even if they weren't 100% necessary. Parker felt like an attempt at recreating Barry that came across awkward to me but Jessica was a believable character.
Parker was like a cross between Barry and Carlos, even though I hear he's Italian.

KevinStriker

All Resident Evil women are hot...duuuuh lol

Even the female zombies in RE2 would probably be hot if they weren't all dead and rotting from the inside and stuff.
latest

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
Yeah the new characters are a bit lackluster.

Parker is okay, but not very likeable.
Raymond is interesting enough.
Jessica is meh.
Quint is just an annoying asshole.
I have no idea who Keith is.

RE is in need of new characters and they dropped the ball again.

RE6 also failed to introduce any memorable characters. Jake is okay, but I didn't care about him. Sherry is probably the only one I cared about, but only because of Beeerriee.

I love the classic characters, but they really need to introduce more before we exhaust the current cast.

KevinStriker

RE6 also failed to introduce any memorable characters. Jake is okay, but I didn't care about him. Sherry is probably the only one I cared about, but only because of Beeerriee..

It sounds* to me like you're saying Sherry was introduced in RE6.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
No she was first seen in RE2, but shes' the only character I really cared about in 6 besides Leon, Chris, and Ada. I don't remember seeing her in any other game other than 2.

agentcell

I have no idea why those two comic characters were in the game. They were not funny and I just wanted to hurry and rush through their chapters so I can play as Chris or Jill. What was Capcom thinking?

Top Bottom