• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica My review for Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
So I have decided to review all the RE games I have beat. I'll start with this one.

9/10.

Graphics:
The graphics were really great for it's time. Especially when you get the enhanced cut scenes here and there, it look's nearly modern day. Generally, you would be happy to be alive in 1999.

Story:
I really loved the story line in this game. Aside from the cheesy dialogue, It was really good. The story places Claire Redfield, yet again, on the look for her brother Chris. She get's caught in Paris looking for him, and is taken to Rockfort island prison. Our great friend, Rodrigo, let's us out into a zombie outbreak. Claire must travel through the island looking for a way out, but she will be faced with zombies, spiders, and new BOW's.

Music:
I must say, this game has my second favorite soundtrack yet. (Next to Silent Hill 2.) The save room music "A moment of relief." Is one of my favorite songs. The music is really in sync with the atmosphere. When it wants to be scary it is. When it wants to messed up it is. And when it wants to be soothing it is. Plain and simple, the music was perfect.

Controls:
While I don't see a problem with them, I have to go out and say, I don't think the controls were really that great for what they could have been. But you can change them to the old school resi as well, so it's not that big of a deal.

As for the negative, The dialogue and controls is what really took me off of it from being a ten.

Salt Dog

Glad you enjoyed it. I'm playing through it right now for the first time in 10 years and damn I forgot how hard Tyrant was on that plane. I went in with only 6 acid rounds, 7 grenade rounds, 45 9mm, and 2 green herbs.... It took me almost 4 hours to finally beat him.

Top Bottom