• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Most Favorite RE4 Gun

• Thread starter Deleted member 1428
  • Start date

Elochai

Tiger Army Never Dies!
Premium
I like the TMP fully upgraded and the first pump shotty you get fully upgraded. Many a head blown apart with that baby. ^_^

Heavern

I have a new appreciation for the TMP because of how useful it was in Assignment Ada. If you stand by a ledge, just fire one TMP round and the guy falls of the ledge. By far the most economical.

However, I can't even imagine using it in the actual game. There are just so many better alternatives.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Heavern;62614 said:
I have a new appreciation for the TMP because of how useful it was in Assignment Ada. If you stand by a ledge, just fire one TMP round and the guy falls of the ledge. By far the most economical.

However, I can't even imagine using it in the actual game. There are just so many better alternatives.
In the main game I rarely need the TMP, but sometimes I do. It works wonders against gigantes and all those times just one bullet is needed.

Dos

Fully upgraded Red9 (including exclusive) is a beast.

Favourite conventional weapons are the Red9, Striker, Semi-auto rifle and Broken Butterfly. I don't bother with the Killer7 much because it has no exclusive upgrade and is considerably less powerful than a fully upgraded butterfly. Once the TMP has the exclusive upgrade it's power is 1.8 which isn't too bad at all...but early on it is SO weak.

Obviously having the Typewriter, Handcannon and Infinite launcher is great, does make the game kind of ridiculously easy though.

And unfortunately I only have the Gamecube version so don't get the PRL...

RichardB

Premium
The Thompson 45 cal. sub-machine gun (Chicago Typewriter)

Mine is only a 45 cal. semi-auto model!
;)

IMG_0440.jpg

faggot

hmmm either chicago typewriter with round barrel, the hand guns minus matilda, striker, or ada's shotgun

though i havent got the handcannon or laser gun and prolly wont due to how hard it is to obtain them (for me atleast)

Revenantjack_2.0

I like the M203 with attached grenade launcher...

Wait... the weapon wasn't in RE4???

Seriously I really hope they'll one day include any M4 Assault rifle, cos this weapon is just badass!

coltm4-m203-nsn-a.jpg

Okay back to topic(Sorry OT a bit..:p) I like the Broken Butterfly the most. But the bullet for that gun is really hard to come by!

Dos

I have to admit, though my favourite handgun is the Red9 purely because of its power (6.5 when fully upgraded), the Blacktail's superior aiming and handling do make it a really good gun, and it fires so fast. And with a firepower of 4.5 when fully upgraded and being able to hold 35 bullets, it packs a big punch. The Red9 and Blacktail absolute kill either the regular Handgun or the Punisher. And as for the Matilda, it's good except for one major problem- you just chew up the ammo because of the burst-firing.

OurBoyJake

Red9 All the way i used that gun the entire game and had no problems.
6.5 Firepower Handgun
Theres no beating that.

Shocker

I have to go with the Blacktail exclusive upgraded. Red 9 is more powerful but this gun is just fun to use and handles awesome.

Last edited:

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I don't really have a favourite gun, so I'll just go over the ones I use and why, and I'm just talking about the main game weapons, not including unlockables.
For handguns, it really depends on my mood and inventory space. Leon's original gun is great for criticals, the Red9 does good damage, and the Blacktail is balanced. I rarely use the Punisher.
For shotguns, I really like the Riot Gun. The Striker can hold way more ammo, but it has a wider spread, while the Riot Gun can do damage to enemies even if they're not right in your face.
With the rifles, I like to use the Bolt Action because it does more damage.
For the magnums, I like to use the Killer7, because it's more balanced than the Broken Butterfly.
I also use the TMP. I save up the ammo for El Gigantes and Krauser.

Last edited:
Top Bottom