• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Me playing Resident Evil 7 in VR

Hey all! I got the Playstation VR and are loving it. And I'm so happy and thankful that Capcom released a short demo so I could get a real feel for RE7 being played in VR.

I made a video for those interseted with facecam :)

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Congrats on going VR! What do you think of it so far and does RE7 benefit from it?

I'm bookmarking this for tomorrow and will make sure to check out the vid!

Lithium

Got my PSVR on Thursday, too. It's a lot of fun (although I sometimes have trouble adjusting it after putting it on ^^'), but I'm still a little sceptical concerning RE7. All VR titles I know so far are quite short, so I wonder how long it will take to finish RE7.
And seeing how much you already immerse into a game like Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, RE7 might be really really frightening in VR.

About the Kitchen-demo... is there a way to stand up from the chair and move around? (Didn't watch the vid, sorry ^^')

Mr.Tony

You guys are so luck, wish i could try it...but i'm poor.
I struggle to buy the full game..Gonna play it with earphones...and Next to the TV...hope to get the JUMP SCARES TOO!!

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'm really not sold on the PSVR yet.... I got to play it myself prior to coming out at a demo unit that Sony set up at our mall and I just wasn't feeling it. The resolution was just not there for me and I didn't feel immersed. I had the same problem with the Oculus Rift which I think the PSVR is slightly better then. On the other hand there is the Vive which is phenomenal. That extra resolution is a HUGE boost and it actually makes you feel immersed. The controller with it's force feedback is another necessity to the experience. Words can't really explain what the Vive controller does. You actually need to use it and get a feel for it to truly understand. Despite the price gap... The Vive may be the most expensive but when you look at the value, what you get, and the immersive effects it has. It feels by far the cheapest and a much better deal than the others. I used to give Microsoft flak for not making their own and talking about working with Vive... now I think they have the right idea. It doesn't cost them anything and gamers can use it on both their Xbox One and PC. While I need more hands on time with the PSVR, as some one who's tried all three and developed a game for the Oculus Rift. I think that the Vive is unparalleled and that Sony may have made a mistake by not letting the PSVR be cross compatible. I think the headset would be selling much better if it did. Not to mention 1080p > 1200p makes all the difference. That being said the PSVR while is a little blurry... it has a higher refresh rate and better frame rate. Which for some people makes the PSVR a considerably better experience if they get motion sickness. I've heard that Sony has an iron grip on developers requiring their games to be 90FPS at the least (If not full 120 FPS), but aim for 120. If you're lower than that then you may NOT release your game. This is to protect consumers from motion sickness.

Does anyone know if the PS4 Pro increases the resolution of the PSVR?

Top Bottom