• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I feel like it needs a thread of it's own. Who's your favorite character and why? Which is your favorite game? What are your thoughts on Shepard not returning in ME4? LET'S TALK MASS EFFECT!!! Or as my iPhone would like to say: Mass Erect! (GDI autocorrect!)

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I feel like it needs a thread of it's own. Who's your favorite character and why? Which is your favorite game? What are your thoughts on Shepard not returning in ME4? LET'S TALK MASS EFFECT!!! Or as my iPhone would like to say: Mass Erect! (GDI autocorrect!)
Mass Erection 3: Arse Arian (I don't know why either) Tales?

I'm unsure as to why everyone loathed the ending to ME3. Surely, throughout the entirety of the franchise, there were hints that not everything will end in a positive light. I felt that a lack of closure suited the story as we've gone through three games of being told to do this and that without much context (other than punching the Asari counsellor in the contextually painful area). Why did we expect closure?

I hope they increase the customisation options afforded to the players. Frankly, every DIY Shepard looked either like a drug mule or that one person from your old school that never quite made it in life. How about customising the height and build of our protagonist?

Furthermore: SCREW THE DAMN REAPERS. I expected them to creatures controlling the ships in some startling revelation but why would a sentient spacecraft need a cockpit (See ME1's cutscene about 2/5s of the way through featuring Benezia and Saren)? I sincerely hope that the villains in the next games are more original than giant-arse spaceships that sound like Ron Perlman.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
I agree the customization options are pretty damn dull. That's why I always stick to default Jane Shepard... anyone else sorta ticked off at her romance options? I wanted to romance Ashley but couldn't. I was stuck with Jacob in 2, then he cheats on you in 3 and has a baby. Oh well! I'm hoping all romances in 4 will be mutual as in both genders can have them.

And I'm already dreading the Mako's return. Just... no.

Anyone else think the main character of ME4 will be the kid we see asking their grandfather for more stories on Shepard? I dunno, just a theory.

ToriJ

Resident Critic
First game is my favorite for story and the cast, but I prefer the gameplay in 2 a lot more. I have all three games and love them. I always romance Liara in the first game and stayed loyal to her till the end. I would have liked to romance Ashley in the first game too and if it's true they had it that way originally but then changed it then that sucks. I know there's a mod you can use in the PC version to romance her as Fem Shep, though.

Garrus and Liara are my favorite characters. Tali is pretty awesome too.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
*seething rage*

Anyone else think the main character of ME4 will be the kid we see asking their grandfather for more stories on Shepard? I dunno, just a theory.
I had that same thought! I think it would potentially be a a cool way to tie the new in with the old. Honestly, I'm really going to miss Shepard. I know it, you know it, the American people know it. Especially Jennifer Hale's Femshep!

As for favorite characters, Garrus is easily tops followed by Shepard, Ashley and EDI. I always wanted to find a way to take EDI with me on missions in ME2, so getting to do just that in ME3 is still a thrill!

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I agree the customization options are pretty damn dull. That's why I always stick to default Jane Shepard... anyone else sorta ticked off at her romance options? I wanted to romance Ashley but couldn't. I was stuck with Jacob in 2, then he cheats on you in 3 and has a baby. Oh well! I'm hoping all romances in 4 will be mutual as in both genders can have them.

The Mako is... back!?

giphy.gif

(I suggest playing this whilst you read this)

I'd actually enjoy there to be dynamic relationships. Over the course of the game, your cremates can form their own relationships (not too dissimilar from Garrus 'calibrating' the lower sections of Tali's suit). That would be exquisite, causing these characters to either cheat on their partner or expose their infidelity. Problem is, that's all very much Desperate N7wives.

I hope that the grandchild isn't the protagonist. If that's the case, the kid must either idolise or despise Sherpard. Seeing an N7 recruit go through training (as a tutorial), act as XO and then finally get the ship would serve as an interesting narrative advancement.

Finally, one thing I want to see done properly is the Normandy/its successor. I loved having wait for the lift to inch its way between decks in ME1 and there were a lot of interesting rooms to visit yet none of them feel used in any of the three games. Yes, Chackwas inhabits the med bay and Garrus does his calibrations, but there's no sense of dynamic movement. How about arguments between crew-members that happen on the fly!?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I'm a fan of Mass Effect! There, I said it lol.

Not sure who the main character is gonna be in ME4 but I'm just hoping it's not gonna be some random mute that you create. Knowing Bioware though that won't be the case. They tend to go overboard when it comes to the voice acting. Seriously there's so much dialogue in their games.

I'm glad that the Mako is returning though. Yea it was a pain in the ass to control but I liked exploring different planets with it in the 1st ME. That's what I missed in ME 2 & 3.

Hard to pick one favourite character. Obviously Garrus & Wrex are badass. I like Tali and Mordin too. The best part of ME 3 for me was the citadel dlc. That party at the end was awesome.

SHEPARD!

ChrisRedfield1994

Potato Lobber
I'm a fan of Mass Effect! There, I said it lol.

Not sure who the main character is gonna be in ME4 but I'm just hoping it's not gonna be some random mute that you create. Knowing Bioware though that won't be the case. They tend to go overboard when it comes to the voice acting. Seriously there's so much dialogue in their games.

I'm glad that the Mako is returning though. Yea it was a pain in the ass to control but I liked exploring different planets with it in the 1st ME. That's what I missed in ME 2 & 3.

Hard to pick one favourite character. Obviously Garrus & Wrex are badass. I like Tali and Mordin too. The best part of ME 3 for me was the citadel dlc. That party at the end was awesome.

SHEPARD!
This is actually a really good defence of the Mako. Whilst I loathed how it felt like a floating piece of cheese in zero gravity, it allowed us to explore large, open environments (admittedly, they weren't densely populated at all). MEs (Christ, this abbreviation is sounding like discussions with my CBT therapist (ME stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis, commonly referred to chronic fatigue syndrome, one of many illnesses I have)) two and three felt like "Here are planets, you can look at them but you can't touch them".

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
We just gotta watch out for the thresher maws. If one can take down a reaper, how the hell are we supposed to survive in a mako!

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Okay, I'll be quick and elaborate if people ask me too:

Mass Effect - I really like this game, it was a great shooter/RPG hybrid to hold me over before I bought Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Mass Effect 2 - It improves in some areas of the first Mass Effect but also screwed some stuff up. For example, instead of exploring a planet's surface, now you just sit there and scan it. Even more baffling, this change was praised by sites like IGN.

Mass Effect 3 - KJRBGKLSHUBARILE;HJPQEOBN;QEfirstSonicChroniclesthenDragonAge2:ElectricBoogaloonowthiskbvalkgblwiBGRLWRHGL

Top Bottom