• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marhawa Desire & Heavenly Island

berto

I Saw the Devil
So, I've been reading the RE mangas, the two most recent ones. I don't know who Naoki Serizawa is but he made both.

latest
For those who don't know for those that don't know Marhawa Desire is about a man and his uncle heading to a prestigious school in Singapore called Marhawa Academy to investigate a student's bizarre mutation. After a bit of digging the old guy calls in a few friends from the BSAA for back up. Chris and his team heap up to the academy but they don't make in time before the entire academy becomes infested with zombies. The story is a prequel to RE6 and apparently marks the first appearance of Piers. Who knew?

latest
Heavenly Island on the other hand, is about a reality show called Idol Survival where a bunch of models are put to rigorous tasks in bikini. For this season they take them to an island beach in South America near a small nation where, with out them knowing, experiments for a new BOW were been conducted. A small group from Terra Save, lead by Claire, was send in to investigate but, as the thing is still ongoing, they only thing Claire has found was a photo of Spencer in the town's archives with some of the locals. I don't know when this takes place but looking at Claire I'm guessing before R2.

Anyway, the mangas are fun. I think they author like to kill people off because the actual death toll and how and when seems forced. I get that in the infestation people are going to get bit but when those who've made it pretty far start biting the bullet in the most standard of ways I question the author more than the characters. I was actually thinking of buying Marhawa, the whole thing's been published stateside, but I was way hokeyer than something I'd want to own. The writing is rushed, characters are often there just to die, and some parts make no sense. They're not bad, don't get me wrong, pretty flawed, but still fun but I read them at the book store and I think reading them once was enough. It's a shame some of the characters die off, I kinda got attached to a few of them, wouldn't have minded seen them in a game.

Mr.Tony

I readed the Marhawa Desire, but couldn't find the last volume on English Subs...
Just to remind you i also readed:
Prelude to the fall another manga that i played before playing Umbrella Chronicles the Fall of Umbrella..

Top Bottom