• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Make RE7 scary - please...

SalazarLives1

Nothing new in my post here, just an appeal to the makers of the game to go back to the series roots.
I never got to play the first two games, but am told that they were masterpieces in the proverbial ''survival horror'' genre and were actually pretty scary. I have played RE zero, RE 3, code veronica and RE4 - all of these have a sense of eerie atmosphere about them that was lacking in RE 5 and 6.
While I didn't mind the action aspect of those last two games, they just didn't feel like RE games, especially 6 which suffered greatly from just not being scary and having too many storylines.
Just one simple storyline, dark and creepy atmosphere and fewer but more scary enemies would do the trick. Please do away with the mindless action.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
If you never played the first two games how do have any clue what youre talking about...????? talking about roots any scary yet you never played the games?? ummm , ok??

ToCool74

Veteran Member
If you never played the first two games how do have any clue what youre talking about...????? talking about roots any scary yet you never played the games?? ummm , ok??

Considering RE3, RE code veronica, and REzero all stayed completely true to Resident Evil roots I would have to say he has the right to ask for RE7 to stay true to its roots since he has played games that very much have.

Does not matter if he has not played RE1 or RE2, although I would highly recommend that he does if he likes code veronica and RE3.

HELLBOY1980

Considering RE3, RE code veronica, and REzero all stayed completely true to Resident Evil roots I would have to say he has the right to ask for RE7 to stay true to its roots since he has played games that very much have.

Does not matter if he has not played RE1 or RE2, although I would highly recommend that he does if he likes code veronica and RE3.
yes it does

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Let's see if Capcom can even make it RE7. If someone doesn't buy the company, I have a feeling that they'll be out of business soon.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
what good does getting catty on the internet get you?
i think if OP has played RE0, 3, and CV, that's a good enough catalog to understand the roots of the series.

mindless rude comments aside..OP, you should try to get your hands on REmake, or maybe even hold out for the HD remaster next year! if you liked RE0, you'll love it.

HELLBOY1980

I hope so >.>. At this point I think anything should change. Maybe a company that actually listens to fans.
I feel the same way... I am not liking this episodic revelations crap either! they keep looking for ways to milk things at every turn!!!

ToCool74

Veteran Member
or maybe so

By me saying "you have to do better than that" I mean you have to explain why it matters that he has not played RE1 and RE2.

I explained why it doesn't, you simply replying with vague posts does not help your image here man, especially considering how rude you where in the first post only to be called out on it and not have a proper retort.

HELLBOY1980

By me saying "you have to do better than that" I mean you have to explain why it matters that he has not played RE1 and RE2.

I explained why it doesn't, you simply replying with vague posts does not help your image here man, especially considering how rude you where in the first post only to be called out on it and not have a proper retort.
probably

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
Nothing new in my post here, just an appeal to the makers of the game to go back to the series roots.
I never got to play the first two games, but am told that they were masterpieces in the proverbial ''survival horror'' genre and were actually pretty scary. I have played RE zero, RE 3, code veronica and RE4 - all of these have a sense of eerie atmosphere about them that was lacking in RE 5 and 6.
While I didn't mind the action aspect of those last two games, they just didn't feel like RE games, especially 6 which suffered greatly from just not being scary and having too many storylines.
Just one simple storyline, dark and creepy atmosphere and fewer but more scary enemies would do the trick. Please do away with the mindless action.
maybe and i hope they makeing storyline like in RE6 but with the taste of evil that i used to know and please stop makeing zombie experts with gun?!!!! xzombie are mindless people

Strafer

Church bells...!? Are you kidding me!?
If they're going to make it scary they need some good audio design.

I hope they look at Dead Space and Alien Isolation for inspiration.

Top Bottom