• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Let's Analyse RE7 Story !

Mr.Tony

Yea C'mon let's do it!

I just ended " the true ending " and i wanna know the truth !

PSD - Drugs ??? On who ever were we playing with...
Hmmm....
Police went there but they couldnt find anything ???
So ?
Was it part of a dream or was he serious...

Oh! Please could you give me a few movies similar to chainsaw massacre...i mean people visiting a house.....I wanna make a Weekend of horror before experience it my self on 24/01/2017...Hoooahh

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well I'm starting to think that the demo is it's own thing and not a representation of the true game to keep things under wraps. So I wouldn't use that material to analyze the story. It seems very different from what we've seen in the trailers which is looking pretty great.

There's plenty of horror movies that take place in a house from classics like Evil Dead all the way to Amenityville Horror. If you want one about people visiting someone's house.... check out "The Last House on the Left". That movie contains a certain realism to it but it's certainly not for everyone. It kind of explores the type of horror that unfortunately occurs in the real world.

"Don't Breathe" just came out on Blu-Ray and DVD. I saw that in when it came out in theaters and I was actually blown away. I highly recommend it. A group of 3 break into a blind mans house to steal his money. It's quite suspenseful and does a good job of getting you to feel for all the characters.

Fenris

Wolf :)
When it comes to the relation between the demo and the actual game I have the theory that the demo is supposed to be some kind of "prelude" to the actual events. You know, just like the intros in horror movies where characters, who are not related to the actual plot (or only in small details), get involved and killed off in a couple of minutes without any real struggle or fight, to show the audience how dangerous the threat is. Maybe we will get the chance to replay the demo in the game but with some changes? As far as analyzing the story: Is there actually anything that we CAN analyze yet? When I summarize the current known plot for myself, I'm done in two sentences. Maybe that is the reason why I'm so excited for this game.

Mr.Tony

Thanks for replying Airaku.
The thing is:
- How the hell the guy we were playing with has some sort of drugs in his possession ?!?
-------

I guess Alex is involved somehow:
The Box i saw on one of the Trailers gameplay look like the one in the Revelations serie.....
And The Jack and Margarette and their Family seem to me like the: Villagers in RE4...but this time it's not a High Skilled U.S Agent, they're up against Simple people.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
The box? Which box are you referring too? Could you show us the RE7 version and the Revelations version? I've love to see this.

Also no one knows. It kind of seems like they are claiming he was on drugs or something. A cover up maybe? We really don't have enough information to make an accurate guess :(

Mr.Tony

Check part 3:50 - 4:00 Mins.
You will see the same Item box of the Revelations, and tell me what do you think ?
And still i wanna know more about the druged guy!
Hmm...Speaking of canonicaly do u think the character of Demo opened the secret door and took the dirty coin...or he just run off ??? What do u think?
I don't wanna search for the dirty coin because honestly his Top preority is to run off (True Ending) what do you think ?
Besides Airaku would you like to give me a link of a free english - RE Heavenly Island, Is the last RE title i need Read before using the Joystick for RE7.

Thanks to you Fenris for replying haven't see you, sorry :( .

Airaku

Stray Jedi
You do realize that the item box was in the very first Resident Evil right? They are just returning it. It's nothing major. Health lines seem to be back and save points. They are just bringing some of the classic mechanics back.

No idea on the chair with the dirty coin. There's just so much we don't know :p

I don't have a link for Heavenly Island on hand. Sorry >.<

Mr.Tony

Oh....I do know that the Item box did exisit in all old RE titles excluding RE 0 And thats what complicated it for me...
Look the DESIGN of that Item Box, it's similar to Revelations with Upgrades probebly....

What i think of is right..The Bakers are infected with Ganados and The VillagersVirus they act and live in a bad place just like them...+ Margarette Baker seem to move fast and Puts the piece of paper with blood "I shall dash YOU agaisnt the stone" pretty fast it seem that she has Albert Wesker power RE5 to move that fast....

Fenris

Wolf :)
One thing that I've wonder is why does Mia apparently end up at the Bakers house? I honestly think that she is a Baker herself and got separated before the Family became infected. Or maybe she was infected all along but unlike the rest of her Family did not show symptoms (and this infection could be related to her death) and now her family wants to reunite with her and unleash the virus within her. Smiliar to Alexia. Who knows if she is aware of it or not. I could imagine that a mutated Mia could actually be the endboss of the game or that she turns on Ethan in one of the final chapters. I mean she is a journalist isn't she? It would be easy for her to learn about her past and all those biohazards maybe then she became curious and discovered the virus within her and at this point she ended up bat**** insane (and maybe faked her own death?). As you can see there are several possibilities but I'm sure that there will be a huge relation between Mia and the Bakers.

TheBatMan

The person we play as in the Beginning Hour demo purposefully has no identity because he's not a canonical character. The demo is just intended to provide a flavour of the final product. The character, what happens to him and the LSD ending is just for the purposes of the demo. The only canonical aspects are the VHS tape and the location, both of which will feature in the final game.

As for the story, there's obviously more to Mia than meets the eye. She allegedly went missing in 2014, the same time the Baker's did. That's her on the ship at the beginning of Tape 3. Whatever that ship is, I believe it will loosely tie into previous events in the series. We also know from the helicopter photograph in the demo that Umbrella Corps will play a role in the game. Although confusing, it's important to note that 'Umbrella Corps' has nothing whatsoever to do with Umbrella Corporation. Umbrella - Spencer's Umbrella, do not feature in this game at all. Instead the 'Umbrella Corps' are a special forces unit belonging to an as yet unidentified organisation. Biohazard: Heavenly Island (The Japanese manga sequel to Marhawa Desire) suggests this organisation is Sheng-Ya Pharmaceuticals; a Chinese corporation briefly mentioned in the Umbrella Corps game. The plot of Heavenly Island also takes place in 2014 and fills in the backstory first hinted at in the files from Lost in Nightmares. It takes place on the same island Spencer sent Alex Wesker to to create the immortality virus. Instead she worked on the 'Kodoku Project' which was a survival of the fittest approach to creating the perfect B.O.W. - interestingly using the exact same method the Hypnos Gene was created in Gun Survivor to create the Hypnos T-Type Tyrant. Two operatives from Sheng-Ya are sent to steal this new research and it seems no coincidence the story of Heavenly Island takes place the same year the Baker family and Mia eventually disappeared.

It's also interesting to me that the Baker's have extraordinary regenerative abilities whilst still remaining realistically human. Aside from the obvious insanity, they appear to be the perfect representation of what Oswell Spencer sought all along - immortality and meta human. That was the whole purpose of Umbrella Corporation and the t-Virus project after all.

Mr.Tony

Hmm...when does Heavenly Island take place ? Whuch year ?
And Umbrella Corps ? Is there a story mod about Umbrella Corps Game, i wouldlike to see it though...

TheBatMan

Heavenly Island takes place in 2014, the same year Mia and the Bakers disappeared.

Umbrella Corps has a small story mode entitled 'The Experiment'. It doesn't do much, but lays a few interesting plot nuggets. It will be on youtube somewhere.

Top Bottom