• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Mercenaries 3D Late to the party...

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I know this game has been out for like a million years in video game terms, but having only recently acquired a 3DS, it's all new to me! I have to say, though I would have loved a bigger roster, I don't really have many gripes with this! Being able to customize the characters a bit to suit your play style is something I've longed for in the Mercenaries from the get go, so that alone made it worth the $17 I spent. Going though 15 rounds of a survival using little more than a knife feels pretty damn great!

Anyone here still play?

MissDomino

Premium
I don't really play my 3ds that often ( lost my charger again too :grin:).

My friend code is 3136-6648-9718.

When I get my new charger, I should be on more often.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know this game has been out for like a million years in video game terms, but having only recently acquired a 3DS, it's all new to me! I have to say, though I would have loved a bigger roster, I don't really have many gripes with this! Being able to customize the characters a bit to suit your play style is something I've longed for in the Mercenaries from the get go, so that alone made it worth the $17 I spent. Going though 15 rounds of a survival using little more than a knife feels pretty damn great!

Anyone here still play?
Give me a month and I'll be playing. I plan on getting a 2DS within about 10 days, and RE:Mercs will come soon after.

Gar Bageman

I don't really play my 3ds that often ( lost my charger again too :grin:).

My friend code is 3136-6648-9718.

When I get my new charger, I should be on more often.
Right on! I added you to my friend list. My friend code is 2165-7623-9373. Perhaps we can bust some Majini heads in the future!

Give me a month and I'll be playing. I plan on getting a 2DS within about 10 days, and RE:Mercs will come soon after.
Awesome! Let me know when you get it and we too can bust some Majini heads! There'll be brain matter all over the place.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Right on! I added you to my friend list. My friend code is 2165-7623-9373. Perhaps we can bust some Majini heads in the future!

Awesome! Let me know when you get it and we too can bust some Majini heads! There'll be brain matter all over the place.
You know I'll be down...

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I might be getting this game too sometime soon too, though how often I'll be able to play it I'm not sure. But hopefully I would have time for a game sometime. :smile:

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess

Anyone here still play?
Now I wouldn't mind playing with you. Whether or not I am compatible to play with you is another story. I know some people love to go for the highest scores and get angry/quit when a combo is lost or if a partner dies. I don't care about any of that. If you drop a combo I will not quit on you, if you die I will try the level again with you, and scores are not that important to me in duo mode. I just like to play for fun. That and I'm no mercs expert lol. So if you think our playstyles are compatible then please add me and I will happily play with you :) My friend code is 5256-8667-6607. This goes for everyone on the board too.

To OP, happy to hear you're enjoying the game. Small roster aside, it's actually a cool game.

Gar Bageman

Now I wouldn't mind playing with you. Whether or not I am compatible to play with you is another story. I know some people love to go for the highest scores and get angry/quit when a combo is lost or if a partner dies. I don't care about any of that. If you drop a combo I will not quit on you, if you die I will try the level again with you, and scores are not that important to me in duo mode. I just like to play for fun. That and I'm no mercs expert lol. So if you think our playstyles are compatible then please add me and I will happily play with you :) My friend code is 5256-8667-6607. This goes for everyone on the board too.

To OP, happy to hear you're enjoying the game. Small roster aside, it's actually a cool game.
I only care about getting high combos and stuff when I play solo and trying to unlock stuff! Duo play is all about the fun of playing with another person; D rank, SS rank... doesn't matter! All that matters is that fun was had. Hell, I mostly just play with a knife, so I'm no stranger to dropping combos!

Also, I tried to add you, but it told me your code was invalid which led me to check mine and, sure enough it too was wrong. So, here is my correct friend code for anyone who is interested: 2165-6723-9373

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
I only care about getting high combos and stuff when I play solo and trying to unlock stuff! Duo play is all about the fun of playing with another person; D rank, SS rank... doesn't matter! All that matters is that fun was had. Hell, I mostly just play with a knife, so I'm no stranger to dropping combos!

Also, I tried to add you, but it told me your code was invalid which led me to check mine and, sure enough it too was wrong. So, here is my correct friend code for anyone who is interested: 2165-6723-9373
Okay I will add you everyone. Also you are right about my code. One of the numbers is wrong. How did I do that, I don't know.

So everyone this is my correct friend code
5257-8667-6607

Gar Bageman

Pretty sure I've added everyone now.

What's everyone's favorite way to build your characters?
My basic main set is Krauser's weapon loadout (Bow/Knife/RPG) with 'Toughness,' 'Close Range' and 'Thunderbolt' as my skills. I use the same loadout with everyone, but my favorites to play are Barry, Jill (she stabs so fast!) and Wesker. With thunderbolt, Wesker basically turns enemies into rockets with his cobra strike and uppercut! It's ridiculous! XD

SkinniMini

The Gaming Princess
Pretty sure I've added everyone now.

What's everyone's favorite way to build your characters?
My basic main set is Krauser's weapon loadout (Bow/Knife/RPG) with 'Toughness,' 'Close Range' and 'Thunderbolt' as my skills. I use the same loadout with everyone, but my favorites to play are Barry, Jill (she stabs so fast!) and Wesker. With thunderbolt, Wesker basically turns enemies into rockets with his cobra strike and uppercut! It's ridiculous! XD
Hey. I saw you were online earlier and was trying to play with you but couldn't find you. When you get ready to play again can you let me know via PM here so I can either join your friend session or host one?

Me, I like playing as Rebecca (of course), Claire, and Hunk. I keep every character's default loadout and normally use the maximizer (when one level 3 it's a safer version of weapon master), technician, and full burst skills.

Gar Bageman

Hey. I saw you were online earlier and was trying to play with you but couldn't find you. When you get ready to play again can you let me know via PM here so I can either join your friend session or host one?

Me, I like playing as Rebecca (of course), Claire, and Hunk. I keep every character's default loadout and normally use the maximizer (when one level 3 it's a safer version of weapon master), technician, and full burst skills.
Yeah, I was having some connection troubles yesterday. They seem to be all clear now though, and I'll be on and off most of the day (God, I love a good veg-out day!). I'll definitely be up for playing! The few random matches I've had have been d*mn fun!

Hunk is probably pretty awesome when used correctly, but I haven't really found the right build to make him a favorite quite yet. But, honestly, the only character I don't particularly like using is (funnily enough) Krauser. His melee moves just don't pack enough punch for my play style.

Top Bottom