• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

'Keep in Touch' after a date?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
So, this is a first for me.

I had a date on Thursday night with an older guy... it was a lot of fun and I felt a connection but at the end he says 'keep in touch.' Now, we both indicated we're not looking for a relationship right now but to me 'keep in touch' almost means something along the lines of 'I don't want to see you again but I'm too polite to say it.' Like a less douchy version of 'I'll call you'.

Input, guys?

Meg

So bin ich eben
If neither of you want a relationship, then I think "keep in touch" meant "hey, I like you, but I'm not interested right now. But keep in touch anyway because I want new people in my life, even just as acquaintances." Is he on Facebook? Maybe send him a friend request. I think he just meant that he understands you're not looking for anything serious, and neither is he, but if it went well then why not talk now and then? I don't know if he came off as an extrovert, but if so it really could be something simple like he just enjoys having lots of people in his life.

Could also just be a less douchy way of saying "I'll call you."

I say, if you liked him and want to stay in contact as casual friends/acquaintances, then reach out. Worst case scenario is that he ignores you. Either way, you'll have your answer.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I personally would think it's just an awkward goodbye.

A nondescript "wouldn't mind seeing you again alt hough this was supposed to be a short term deal" is possible.

No harm in asking.

Last edited:

mjk321

while I wouldn't really know without seeing the guy, but if it was me who said it then it might be that he's interested to be a friend but nothing more. He might just wants to talk.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I've used that term before. (Subconsciously mind you) The way I used it was how someone said in one of the post above.

"I like you, but not interested." That's how I've used it. His might be that or what has already been said.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
At face value, keep in touch does sound like "yeah...no" - not that he didn't enjoy himself or your company but like others have said, he's not wanting it to go further.

No harm in taking him up on his offer and getting in touch after a few days for a possible follow up?

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Found him on Facebook... turns out he's married... so I guess 'keep in touch' means 'I have a wife and kids so I can't see you often but hit me up every once in a while if you're bored'.

Don't think that's going to happen. Ugh.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Found him on Facebook... turns out he's married... so I guess 'keep in touch' means 'I have a wife and kids so I can't see you often but hit me up every once in a while if you're bored'.

Don't think that's going to happen. Ugh.

Welp, before I knew that, I would have said it all depended on his tone of voice, but now I guess this litle mystery's been solved.

mjk321

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

we didn't have enough data, so we made up stuff :p

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." -Sherlock Holmes

we didn't have enough data, so we made up stuff :p

What does Sherlock Holmes know? His author believed there were fairies under his garden.
(No, seriously. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle believed in fairies.)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Your holmie is right. Assumption is the mother of all ****-ups.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
Oh goody a brand new post ... You seem to be popular around here... Well it looks like your question was already answered..... Well if he was already married then I would conclude that He has a terrible sex life with his wife, he is bored, he hates his marriage, regrets having kids, feels old and to bring excitement back into his life he chose you. Most likely He was looking for friends with benefits which in My opinion has more pro's then cons's

Top Bottom