• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just thought I'd introduce myself

XORgate

I'm a big horror fan. With the exception of a few series such as GTA, Mario and Bioshock, I mainly play horror games.

My favorite RE is the REmake. Not only is it the first horror game I ever played, it's one of the scariest games of all time, no question. 4 comes in at a very close second, and I like 2, 5, and Revelations as well. 0 was okay, but I didn't like 6 one bit. As for 3 and CV, I haven't played them.

I've got many unpopular opinions when it comes to RE. For example, I tend to like one time characters such as Rebecca, Billy, Sheva and Josh (he has a DLC, so he counts as a protagonist) more than I like Chris, Jill and Leon.

Another vastly unpopular opinion of mine is that I think the new monsters are better than the oldschool ones. My favorite RE enemies are Nemesis (I like his design), crimson heads, iron maidens, Dr. Salvador, duvalias and adjules. I also like the Ooze monsters from Revelations, especially the scagdead. That thing is the definition of nightmare fuel.
A lot of RE fans would have said zombies, hunters and lickers, but I've never liked those designs very much, they feel really generic to me.

Overall, I'm pretty easy to please, as I like the old school games, but I also like the new action oriented games. Really, the only game in the series that I played and disliked was 6.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
It seems we have some things in common. I disliked RE6 too, and I liked the Ooze in Revelations.

Welcome! :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Hello XORgate, welcome. Good intro. :)
I do like your opinions, but then I'm known for often being political incorrect. :p

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Hello and welcome to the forum! If you decide to pick up Code Veronica like Capcomplicated (and I) suggest, a good starting tip is to save often and In different slots. One wrong move in that game can completely screw you over. In spite of that, it's still my favourite in the series.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I third this CVX and 3 opinion. I haven't beaten 3 yet. (I ALMOST got to the part where you play s Carlos.) And CVX is just amazing . . .

Top Bottom