• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

John Wick (2014)

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Has anyone else seen this movie?

Starring Keanu Reeves and Willem Defoe, amongst others. I haven't watched TV for years and so I never even knew it existed until I went to walmart and saw it there. I decided to blindly buy the blu ray because there was a quote on it that said it was Keanu's best movie since The Matrix. Anyway, long story short, it is easily one of my favorite movies ever and I look forward to the sequel which is apparently now in planning stages.

It is filled with well choreographed action sequences which flow beautifully (these are the kinds of scenes that I would love to be able to film myself), and it is equipped with a great soundtrack- scores are by co created by Tyler Bates, who has done many of my favorite film scores, and Joel Richard. It also liberally applies Marilyn Manson's 'Killing Strangers', which I also found pretty catchy and it fit well into the film.

It's basically a revenge story. Probably the only bad thing about it is they didn't really develop the characters all that much, but to be honest, I was so involved in the story anyway, that I didn't even care lol. It's definitely worth a watch and a buy.

Tron8

Fighting just to survive, but you taught me i can.
Yeah i've seen the movie it's pretty good. I liked it a lot, especially how intense they made John out to be. The best part about the movie was that all the anger and revenge was fueled by the death of his dog.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, but it was more than that. His wife just died and they stole his car and killed his dog. I'm pretty sure anyone under those circumstances would probably go homicidal, he just happened to have the skills to make it worthwhile lol.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
I loved that movie! I really liked the gunplay in John Wick. I also appreciate that he ACTUALLY reloads instead of having a bottomless clip full of bullets.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I loved that movie! I really liked the gunplay in John Wick. I also appreciate that he ACTUALLY reloads instead of having a bottomless clip full of bullets.

I know! This is something I forgot to mention in my first post. Funny enough, that's probably one of the best parts about the movie- no unlimited bullets. In fact, that was one of the first things that my husband and I noticed when we watched it the first time.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I liked this film, The club scene stood out for me. how he shoots down two guys in the middle of the dance floor and no one really notices because of the music but for John Wick he's just scanning for suits and gunning them down instantly, kill mode. I have a certain level of admiration for Keanu he puts in a lot of effort for fight scenes and realism.

The soundtrack is awesome as well (Think and Led Spirals) two of my favourite songs from that film. Oh and some excellent fighting styles in that film. he brings CQC (Close Quarters Combat) to a whole new* level. Did not think much of the ending but the film was pretty neat, had some epic scenes.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Yea, the ending was kinda meh, but the rest of the movie made up for it (which doesn't happen very often). I just hope that they take their time on the sequel and do the original justice instead of making it as quickly as they possibly can.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
I'm not sure it needs a sequel, not to let out any spoilers (trying) but I think the film got straight to the point, unless some angry business partners come looking for John Wick. But I doubt it needs a sequel. If they make one I'm sure it will be cool. I've never heard of John Wick before, if there is a Novel with loads of other stories then sure they might make another one, but I'm thinking they wont.

If you want more like it.. Watch other films with Keanu. 44 Ronin is good. So is The Matrix. He's done lots of cool films. Not all of them show off his ability to play in a awesome shoot out or fight scene though. But those two I mentioned above are good action films with Keanu.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
My brother MADE me watch this movie last Monday, and I am completely grateful! It was awesome. I hope the sequel is as good!

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
Damn I just looked it up and it says they are making a sequel...

"Continuing adventures of former hitman John Wick"

Now I think about it, there could be a load of people after this guy...

Rain611

You can't kill me.
^ This is true, and I agree that it doesn't NEED a sequel, but it's the first movie I've seen for a while that I can actually watch over and over again, so I'm not entirely against a sequel if they do it right.

As far as Keanu films go, Man of Tai Chi is another one of my favorites, though he's not technically the main character. It's one of few films that I've seen him in where he actually played the Antagonist.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
I couldn't stop laughing at this part, it was so awesome yet so funny:

5783725_orig.gif

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I saw it when it was in theater. I like it but I also felt unsatisfied by the ending. I felt that they missed something a long the way to "complete" the movie. It felt like there was a void somewhere in the character development. Other than that it was a great movie! Especially the scene where he's tied up in the warehouse .

I really hope the sequel is good. The story seemed pretty complete by the end, part of me would like this to be a prequel about who he was before.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I saw it when it was in theater. I like it but I also felt unsatisfied by the ending. I felt that they missed something a long the way to "complete" the movie. It felt like there was a void somewhere in the character development. Other than that it was a great movie! Especially the scene where he's tied up in the warehouse .

I really hope the sequel is good. The story seemed pretty complete by the end, part of me would like this to be a prequel about who he was before.

I wouldn't argue with the prequel angle either. I would like to know what the 'impossible assignment' was that allowed him to leave that life in the first place.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I wouldn't argue with the prequel angle either. I would like to know what the 'impossible assignment' was that allowed him to leave that life in the first place.

I agree. I really can't see what they could do for the sequel to make it good. The villain was totally forgettable and it was William Dafoe's betrayal that made it so good. Keanu and William had great chemistry and they would need something to have a damn good tie to his past in the sequel or go back and build his character. The alternative is to keep his past a mystery and come up with something very interesting for a sequel that leads to his past, but keeps us guessing and only leaving us with open cracks of what his past could have been like.

Top Bottom