• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Is Revelations better than Re6 ??

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
My biggest criticisms of Revelations would be the dodge mechanic and some of Chris's action-orientated segments.

The critics thought the story was the worst part of Rev. >_>

Denzil22

Premium
My biggest criticisms of Revelations would be the dodge mechanic and some of Chris's action-orientated segments.

The critics thought the story was the worst part of Rev. >_>
I remember reading that but I really liked the story for some reason they way you would swop between people games gave it a big feel and the all terageigea part to was very different to past resi games.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Resident Evil is not about zombies and it never was to begin with.
Without them RE series doesn't feel like a survival horror anymore.

With zombies you felt like you're were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with the weird parasites and mind-control thing it just feels like some weird sci-fi thing.
The zombies are just one form of monster created by the viruses.
Except las plagas is not a virus its a parasite.

At least the enemies in Revelations aren't normal humans mind-controlled by parasites so that's a step in the right direction.

Krusiv

Without them RE series doesn't feel like a survival horror anymore.

With zombies you felt like you're were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse with the weird parasites and mind-control thing it just feels like some weird sci-fi thing.
Except las plagas is not a virus its a parasite.

At least the enemies in Revelations aren't normal humans mind-controlled by parasites so that's a step in the right direction.
Are zombies not considered a weird sci-fi thing...?

The Plagas contaminate the body on a biological level just like a virus. It's more than simple mind control. RE1 didn't feel like a zombie apocalypse with all of the other monsters running around (dogs, spiders, hunters, chimeras, etc). RE2, RE3, RE0, and CVX had most of those monster types and then some.

Do you think that a game needs to be a zombie game in order to be survival horror? Silent Hill, Fatal Frame, and Clock Tower would tend to disagree. The genre is more than just zombies and tight spaces.

Barry's side of Revelations 2 campaign has zombies but people still say the game isn't scary. Capcom can't just add zombies as if it would suddenly make the games scary again. There's a lot more to it than that, but "needs zombies", "not scary", and "less action" are the low-hanging fruit of modern RE complaints. I think we need to look deeper than the surface to find out why the games are the way they are these days.

If we really wanted to 'fix the modern games' then we should be discussing scenario design, level design, and environmental atmosphere. But nah, let's continue to complain about one specific enemy type in a series that has sooo many other enemies to choose from.

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Are zombies not considered a weird sci-fi thing...?
Nah they're more like just reanimated corpses.

>The Plagas contaminate the body on a biological level just like a virus. It's more than simple mind control.
Well its still not a Virus and yes it is stupid mind control B.S i couldn't figure out exactly what was this until i watched the ada's separate ways report where she explains that saddler has the magical powers to control the parasites because it runs in his family or something.
My God its stupid..
facepalm.gif

When you kill the ganados they sometimes die with whimpering "LORD SADDLER" indicating that they're mind-controlled by saddler.
>RE1 didn't feel like a zombie apocalypse with all of the other monsters running around
RE 2&3 definitely did feel like a zombie apocalypse where literally everything in the city was desolated and the only living things were zombies and other monsters.
>Do you think that a game needs to be a zombie game in order to be survival horror?
Well not really.. but they sure as hell are better than mind-controlled humans AKA Ganados&Majinis..
>We need to look deeper than the surface to find out why the games are the way they are these days.
You don't need to do a academic research to find out the problem..
20130902233416!Resi4-gc-cover.jpg

^^That game is pretty much the reason why RE isn't survival horror anymore.. RE series has to pretty much abandon everything RE4 introduced except for the camera which it hasn't done yet.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Nah they're more like just reanimated corpses.

>The Plagas contaminate the body on a biological level just like a virus. It's more than simple mind control.
Well its still not a Virus and yes it is stupid mind control B.S i couldn't figure out exactly what was this until i watched the ada's separate ways report where she explains that saddler has the magical powers to control the parasites because it runs in his family or something.
My God its stupid..
facepalm.gif

When you kill the ganados they sometimes die with whimpering "LORD SADDLER" indicating that they're mind-controlled by saddler.
>RE1 didn't feel like a zombie apocalypse with all of the other monsters running around
RE 2&3 definitely did feel like a zombie apocalypse where literally everything in the city was desolated and the only living things were zombies and other monsters.
>Do you think that a game needs to be a zombie game in order to be survival horror?
Well not really.. but they sure as hell are better than mind-controlled humans AKA Ganados&Majinis..
>We need to look deeper than the surface to find out why the games are the way they are these days.
You don't need to do a academic research to find out the problem..
20130902233416!Resi4-gc-cover.jpg

^^That game is pretty much the reason why RE isn't survival horror anymore.. RE series has to pretty much abandon everything RE4 introduced except for the camera which it hasn't done yet.

Still, I f*cking LOVE Resident Evil 4. Easily my favourite game of all time, and certainly the game I've poured the most hours of gametime into. And at the time, with RE stagnating (You may not believe REmake was commercial failure, but Capcom did, I guess), it was a necessary evil (No pun intended). But I don't think it should have been 4, I think it should have been a spin-off, though I'm not sure if it would have sold nearly as well and got the critical acclaim and attention it did if it was a spin-off and not a main series RE game.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
And at the time, with RE stagnating (You may not believe REmake was commercial failure, but Capcom did, I guess).
Yeah because the console they released it for, exclusively I might add, was a failure. I'll be damned if I'm buying a crappy console for just one game; they're too expensive and I have priorities. If Capcom had been smart - I know, I know but just go with me on this - if they had been smart and released Remake for PS, Xbox and PC in the first place, they would have gotten the success that they're getting with it now then. It wouldn't have been a commercial failure and we probably wouldn't have that total monstrosity that is 4, which means no 5 or 6.

agentcell

I just wanted to know because RE6 is just a 3rd person shooter/action adventure game... is it more like RE4 or RE6 with explosions everywhere ?

Unfortunately, both games really didn't interest me. I was actually bored with revelations and re6 was just ridiculous. It was just too much action and very little focus on puzzles, investigation and alternate paths. After RE6, I had very little hope for RE and turned my attention to the evil within. However, revelations 2 was brilliantly well done and I hope Capcom improves on this new formula.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Can you not make polls on this forum? It would be interesting to see the result.

I, for one, did like Revelations better than RE6. It felt more like a Resident Evil to me. The arguably best scenario in RE6 is Leon's and that was a copy of Left For Dead. Just like Chris' campaign is a Call of Duty copy. Revelations brought back the added difficulty and puzzle solving. There was still a little bit of comic book ridiculousness that infiltraded Revelations, but no where near as damning as RE6 had.

Revelations 2 has been much more fun so far (still in Penal Colony), but it is a copy of The Last Of Us really - just with more difficulty.

Top Bottom