• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Is Revelations better than Re6 ??

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I agree with it being an unfair comparison, they're very different games, Revelations actually tried to be a Resident Evil game, while not being the game we wanted, it was still the closest we've had to a Resident Evil game since RE4, RE6 tried so hard not to be Resident Evil, which is why it's hated by the fans and has given the franchise an identity crisis, it was even admitted by Capcom that they wanted CoDs audience which is why RE6 is the Micheal Bay explosion filled roller-coaster ride it is.

Everyone knows RE7 is going to be a colossal disappointment and failure no matter what direction they take it. Capcom has put their biggest franchises in terrible states right now, plus there's that idiotic statement Capcom made about the RE fanbase being too old, so yeah RE is f**ked.
They're turning nearly every franchise they have to cater to CoDs audience, even Dead Rising 3 was all gritty and had f**king tactical air strikes.
I have no hope for the rumoured Dino Crisis reboot and I want to organize a fan campaign to get Shinji Mikami to start planning a replacement for Dino Crisis after he's replaced Resident Evil with The Evil Within, just like Hideki Kamiya has replaced Devil May Cry with Bayonetta and just like Keiji Inafune has replaced Megaman with Mighty No 9.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Since so many people on this forum keep praising the sh!t out of a game they've never played (because it's not even out yet): If The Evil Within turns out not to be the game that everyone expects based on the trailers, I'm going to laugh my ass off so loudly that the entire realm of the dead will hear me.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Since so many people on this forum keep praising the sh!t out of a game they've never played (because it's not even out yet): If The Evil Within turns out not to be the game that everyone expects based on the trailers, I'm going to laugh my ass off so loudly that the entire realm of the dead will hear me.
I'd laugh hard enough I'd literally die inside out.

Capcom isn't the same sure.

As long as it's fun I really don't care.

Mercenaries in Re6 was fun as hell kept me hooked for months

Re5 Vs Mode was Fun kept me hooked for 2012

Just a matter of the kinda game you want I suppose.

black 93

Would have been much better if the whole game had been on the ship and jill and chris were the only stars. Get rid of parker and jessica their useless, make the ship more varied and stop the whole jumping from character to character, location to location. Seriously that alone ruined it for me, one minute im playing as jill on a ship, then im playing as chris on a mountain, then im playing as parker fighting unlimited hunters. Just didnt help the story at all

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Short answer: Yes.
Long answer: It's certainly more deserving of the title "Survival Horror" than 6.

HackAttack01

Yes and No. Like many have said, it really depends on what you want in a Resident Evil title. Better atmosphere in Revelations over the entirety of the game. Leon's Re6 campaign is the best between the two games imho. Chris's Re6 campaign had so much action that it turned me off to the game. The ooze's of ReR are kind of goofy I guess, not a huge fan of all the crazy mutant enemies in any of the games, but hey that's just me.

Slight edge to Revelations.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
i dont think its better than resident evil 6 either
i said this before
revelations tries to be old school but fails hard
where are the zombies?
where are the typewriters?
where are the pree rendred backgrounds?
where are the fixed cameras?
why do i have to swim for a few hours in the game? its not fun

its just fell like a lie to me, at least resident evil 6 didnt try to hard to be old school
now resident evil 6 aint none of my favorites either,
i dont regret playing neither revelations or 6

and yes im a bit conservative, so sue me
Fixed camera angles in today's graphics would fail miserably. Look at RE5 LiN DLC

KevinStriker

It's got Jill. It's got Chris. It's got the MP5 and the M92F. Those are good.

It's got a guy named Raymond who can poke your eye out with his chin and it's got some chick named Jessica who is missing a leg on her skin tight diver suit. These are bad.

It's a win/lose, but JILL *_*

I actually really like Raymond. He's ehh in the story, but he's a goddamn beast with a Magnum in Raid Mode.
Probably my favourite character next to Rachael. Fitting, they're partners and such.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
It's slower paced and more atmospheric, so in that sense it's more like classic games, but it still has a lot of weird ****.

AdaWait

Your right hand comes off?
I think 6 was significantly worse than Revelations. Especially in the pacing. That being said, it still doesn't place revelations high enough since 6 was pretty bad.

KevinStriker

Revelations worked best and was most impressive as a 3DS game.

Even so, I enjoyed Revelations HD far more the first couple times through then anything else Resident Evil related in 2012...

Krusiv

I think people get way too caught up on the whole zombie thing. Are they an iconic enemy? Yes definitely. But so are the dogs from RE1 and lickers from RE2. Resident Evil is not about zombies and it never was to begin with. The series is called 'Biohazard' in Japan for a reason. The zombies are just one form of monster created by the viruses.

The ooze are created from the T-Abyss virus, so they fit the theme. I'd even argue that Ganados and Majinis fit as well (despite how many people hate them) because they deal with biological contamination of some sort.

Denzil22

Premium
For me it was better than some parts of re6 I dident like Chris's game much it draged for me wen I played it not to say it was all bad the first part was good and the last part. I really liked pears and Chris's interactions to but revelations seems more focused and the queen zinobia was much more fun than China to me.

Top Bottom