• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 1 Is Revelations better than Re6 ??

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I just wanted to know because RE6 is just a 3rd person shooter/action adventure game... is it more like RE4 or RE6 with explosions everywhere ?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
No it isn't.

It's more like (What the 'True Fans' dubbed more RE like it suppose to be more scary it's just a load of turd there aren't zombies there called Ooze I haven't bought nor will I ever.

But it's basically more 'scary'

weskerondope

i dont think its better than resident evil 6 either
i said this before
revelations tries to be old school but fails hard
where are the zombies?
where are the typewriters?
where are the pree rendred backgrounds?
where are the fixed cameras?
why do i have to swim for a few hours in the game? its not fun

its just fell like a lie to me, at least resident evil 6 didnt try to hard to be old school
now resident evil 6 aint none of my favorites either,
i dont regret playing neither revelations or 6

and yes im a bit conservative, so sue me

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
i dont regret playing neither revelations or 6
Well... i have no regrets either its not like i brought it >_> i just borrowed it from my friend and i'm glad i did its so bad that i forgot about it the instant i beat 4 campaigns lol i still can't get over the fact that capcom can't hire writers

I mean how long will they keep reusing the same ada-leon syndrome ?? i'm getting sick of it now and seriously these new characters are just there to die needless to say my fav character in the game is obviously this guy

AgentHelper.png
For some reason i just like him he's just badass.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Well... i have no regrets either its not like i brought it >_> i just borrowed it from my friend and i'm glad i did its so bad that i forgot about it the instant i beat 4 campaigns lol i still can't get over the fact that capcom can't hire writers

I mean how long will they keep reusing the same ada-leon syndrome ?? i'm getting sick of it now and seriously these new characters are just there to die needless to say my fav character in the game is obviously this guy

AgentHelper.png
For some reason i just like him he's just badass.

Agent is a failed attempt for HUNK if he grunted when hurt rather having this WTF inducing scream He'd be my favorite too

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Revelations is certainly not better than RE6 but it does create the old school feel.
When I first entered just the menu alone, I instantly felt like I was in an old school RE game.
With that in mind technically it can be compared to RE4, it can't even hold a candle to RE6 in that aspect but it was enjoyable.
To answer your question it is more like RE4, yes.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Yeah, def more like RE4, and frankly.... I guess I'm the odd man out because I thought it was better than 6. 6 annoyed me too much with cut scenes, qtes, and more ammo than I could posssibly carry in an inventory that didn't feel very intuitive to manage. I also found Mercenaries to get pretty repetitive and boring quickly but was having so much fun playing Raid that I almost forgot to finish the story lol. It totally depends on what you're looking for out of the game. I'm surprised that so many people didn't like it, I personally thought the replay value alone kicked 6's arse. My personal preference is just always towards the game that lets you roam freely, trying doors, finding keys, items, doubling back, etc. 6 felt more like running down a very determined path shooting everything and wasn't as much fun to play or replay IMPO even though I loved it massively.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Yeah, def more like RE4, and frankly.... I guess I'm the odd man out because I thought it was better than 6. 6 annoyed me too much with cut scenes, qtes, and more ammo than I could posssibly carry in an inventory that didn't feel very intuitive to manage. I also found Mercenaries to get pretty repetitive and boring quickly but was having so much fun playing Raid that I almost forgot to finish the story lol. It totally depends on what you're looking for out of the game. I'm surprised that so many people didn't like it, I personally thought the replay value alone kicked 6's arse. My personal preference is just always towards the game that lets you roam freely, trying doors, finding keys, items, doubling back, etc. 6 felt more like running down a very determined path shooting everything and wasn't as much fun to play or replay IMPO even though I loved it massively.
Well if you speak of Raid then it is a totally different story (I really enjoyed that mode), but in general Raid doesn't save the whole game, which is also why I personally thought they should have added The Mercenaries 3D to Revelations HD, would have been more appropriate content and price tag wise as well.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Yeah, def more like RE4, and frankly.... I guess I'm the odd man out because I thought it was better than 6. .
Well that's a welcome change then.. all i want is a a better game than RE 6 so maybe i'll rent Revelations because it looks like crap on PC version.

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Well if you speak of Raid then it is a totally different story (I really enjoyed that mode), but in general Raid doesn't save the whole game, which is also why I personally thought they should have added The Mercenaries 3D to Revelations HD, would have been more appropriate content and price tag wise as well.
Merce 3D would've been awesome! Yeah I think it's main drawbacks for most people came from the fact that it was "just a port". It was very short, didn't have zombies, etc. Including Merce would've fattened it up nicely. I think what saved it for me though was the free roam and the control. I'm "one of those" that preferred tank controls and I found 6's wild camera to be a lil tragic. Don't get me wrong, REv has some camera flaws too, but in general I felt more in control of where I was looking and going. ex 6: sprinting through a crowd of zombies...not the best time to put the camera on the ground =p.

Last edited:

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Merce 3D would've been awesome! Yeah I think it's main drawbacks for most people came from the fact that it was "just a port". It was very short, didn't have zombies, etc. Including Merce would've fattened it up nicely. I think what saved it for me though was the free roam and the control. I'm "one of those" that preferred tank controls and I found 6's wild camera to be a lil tragic. Don't get me wrong, REv has some major camera flaws too, but in general I felt more in control of where I was looking and going. ex 6: sprinting through a crowd of zombies...not the best time to put the camera on the ground =p.
It wasn't really that bad, people exaggerate quite a bit but I understand what they mean by it. Personally only place the camera ever was a probem to me was the Haos run.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I definitely felt it was better then RE6.

While it was still action oriented it did a good job a balancing it out unlike RE6 which choice to go full blown action for most of the game.

black 93

just played through revelations and personally cant see the big deal people have made about it. People have said it returns to horror and for the most part it dosent, sure the cruise ships a bit creepy and the scene with rachel is pretty freaky the first time, but this aint to no spencer mansion. Also why add a partner liker parker? while im no fan of a partner in any resi game, at least in 5 and 6 they actually smacked enemies off you or revived you, in this one your partner literally stands and watches while you get munched! At least resi 6 dosent try to cover up its an action game

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
just played through revelations and personally cant see the big deal people have made about it. People have said it returns to horror and for the most part it dosent, sure the cruise ships a bit creepy and the scene with rachel is pretty freaky the first time, but this aint to no spencer mansion. Also why add a partner liker parker? while im no fan of a partner in any resi game, at least in 5 and 6 they actually smacked enemies off you or revived you, in this one your partner literally stands and watches while you get munched! At least resi 6 dosent try to cover up its an action game
I'm with you. I really liked Revelations, but I still prefer RE6...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Revelations... Well, the campaign is fun when you play it for the first time, after that you'll want to try the other difficulties too, but I've never touched it again after finishing it on the highest. Rape Mode is great, but the main game gets boring rather quickly. I'll take RE6 over Revelations any day.

Top Bottom