• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Survivor (PS1) Is RE Survivor Cannon?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Everyone has always told me the Survivor games are non-cannon...But RE0 mentions RE Survivor...So why would a cannon game mention a non-cannon one?

bruno

Chief Researcher
All the survivor games are canon, except Gun Survivor 3/Dino Stalkers, which is a Dino Crisis game (not canon for RE, but I don't know if it's canon in the Dino Crisis series). Gun Survivor 2/Code Veronica is a dream Claire had while she was in the plane to the antactic halfway through RECV, so some people don't consider it as canon.
Although the Survivor games have interesting contents (storywise, especially Survivors 1 and 4/Dead Aim), they are not part of the main storyline...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
All the survivor games are canon, except Gun Survivor 3/Dino Stalkers, which is a Dino Crisis game (not canon for RE, but I don't know if it's canon in the Dino Crisis series). Gun Survivor 2/Code Veronica is a dream Claire had while she was in the plane to the antactic halfway through RECV, so some people don't consider it as canon.
Although the Survivor games have interesting contents (storywise, especially Survivors 1 and 4/Dead Aim), they are not part of the main storyline...
See, I always thought they were cannon, but people had said otherwise...Thanks a mil Bruno...The only one I've played is 4, called Dead Aim here in America...Idk what it's called there in Europe...And frankly, I've like it better than Code Veronica and RE5...But I've always wanted to try the original Survivor...Survivor 2 has never really been of much interest so...But I'd still love to try it...Btw, Which systems are One and two on?

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
Yeah, survivor is cannon becouse several times throughout the game it mentions the Racoon City outbreak. You even find a file documenting the whole incident, also dont forget that Sheena Island is mentiond at the beginning of Zero. Also, Leon is mentiond near the end before you fight the Tyrant. Haha, ive always wondered what Leon would look like in Survivor.

bruno

Chief Researcher
See, I always thought they were cannon, but people had said otherwise...Thanks a mil Bruno...The only one I've played is 4, called Dead Aim here in America...Idk what it's called there in Europe...And frankly, I've like it better than Code Veronica and RE5...But I've always wanted to try the original Survivor...Survivor 2 has never really been of much interest so...But I'd still love to try it...Btw, Which systems are One and two on?

It's RE Dead Aim in Europe too, but Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard "Heroes Never Die" in Japan.

Survivor 2 seems to have the same gameplay as RECV battle mode, and since it didn't actually happen, I don't have any curiosity in trying it.
Survivor 1 is for PS1 and Survivor 3 is for PS2

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
It's RE Dead Aim in Europe too, but Gun Survivor 4: Biohazard "Heroes Never Die" in Japan.

Survivor 2 seems to have the same gameplay as RECV battle mode, and since it didn't actually happen, I don't have any curiosity in trying it.
Survivor 1 is for PS1 and Survivor 3 is for PS2
I'd love to get my hands on a copy of Survivor...Seems like it'd be fun at the least...

Carter478

Are those games any good? I've seen gameplay and it looks different and it is RE so i think it'd be fun to play...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Yeah, you should try it. However, it should be hard to find a copy right now...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Because it's a PS1 game, and it wasn't one of the most sold games, so it should be more difficult to find than RE1, 2 or 3.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
Survivor is definately canon. It's mentioned in RE0, "Sheena Island".

Survivor can be I guess, it doesn't affect anything so it's cool.

Dead Aim is one I like to think is, but nothing confirms that. Though somebody did tell me that like some Darksided Chronicles thing that only Jap confirms DA as canon...so not sure.

Doom guy

Grade one Hunter slayer
It annoys me when fans **** on survivor, i enjoyed it becouse the Atmosphere in this game is on par with RE2's. Yes its got a couple of problems, but what game doesent?

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
It annoys me when fans **** on survivor, i enjoyed it becouse the Atmosphere in this game is on par with RE2's. Yes its got a couple of problems, but what game doesent?

Survivor is awesome, but looks completely like ****, big time. VA is terrible. It's got some good BGM, an awesome story, and the atmosphere is nice.

It's really the kind of thing where we have to deal with all the junk and appreciate those good things in it, which do exist.

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
I've played Survivor... It's decent... Though the voice acting it's like the original RE...
You can play it on a PSP (like I did)...
Since it doesn't directly contradicts anything in the main storyline I've always thought of it as cannon...

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
It's not that difficult to find. I got my copy for about £5 online, still haven't played it yet, I want to get the light gun.

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Graphics is not impress, but we talking about sounds and music, I can say, Survivor has one of the best soundtracks in all series, typical RE music, like in RE2 or 3, so try it! ;)

Evilbiel

They are Cannon XD but function more like fillers, do not affect anything in the rest of the series!

Top Bottom