• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Infinite Green Herb

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
Yo!
That's the way to obtain infinite, green herb in CV (this trick working as well in digital version of game) ;)

We all know the begin of the game. Using a lighter with guard. From that moment, WE CANNOT pick up any item and using anything in inventory!! (Only exception is Handgun, we have cut-scene with Steve, so we must take gun). After meeting with Steve, enter the next location, where we can find a green herb on the wooden floor, nearby the door to the guardhouse. An now magic: in inventory we should have items in this order: red instruction manual book, gun, herb. If is that, we enter a FILE option, and read only one available file (just enter in). In this moment, a red manual in inventory is disappear, and the herb should be in his place. Leave an inventory. Now try to shot, and Claire should shot only one time. From that moment, a green herb in our inventory should be infinite ;)

My advices: - better don't mix herb with others
- you can leave this herb for Chris :)

Video proof:

Mantis TabogganMD

#TEAMGRIMES
Blasphemy! Code Veronica can't be easy!

Jk. I DO wish I would've known about this the first time I played this. I'm not one for "cheating" in RE games but CVX is a batch. Thanks for sharing this! I love little glitches like this.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I always wonder just how people find out stuff like this... If something like that happened to me, I would probably think of it as a coincidental glitch and be done with it.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yeah, exactly! That's something you wouldn't even find out by chance under normal circumstances, because I doubt that anyone would voluntarily press the same button in front of the same object and spawn the same text so many times in hopes of finding something special (without knowing that there really is something special, that is). In Silent Hill 3, if you examine the same thing twice, Heather might say something different about it the second time, so curiosity is actually rewarded in some way. But 50 times??

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
While not really the same thing, I always wondered who would check the desk in RE2 50 times to find that picture of Rebecca. And why would they even put it in there? I don't even...

At last, when you search a desk in STARS room in RE2, there is a message "there must be something...", so we can consider this as a small hint ;) But you're right- 50 times is too much :p

Probably Wesker was facinating by young recruit Rebecca :D

Some Nights

No Shape
Definitely looking forward to trying this and being able to enjoy/finish the game without too much frustration finally.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Wow nice exploit. I never even knew about this.

I'll have to try this out sometime.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Wow, I can have a rocket launcher and an infinite herb?

This game can't be easier!

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
This is cool! I'm trying to get an A rank at the moment though and I really don't want to cheat, but it might be something I eventually resort to.

Last edited:

No Hope Remains

It doesn't apply to me. Now that I've fairly completed all the RE games, if ever I want to do a speed run, I just use Action Replay or Xploder to use cheats. That way, enemies die quicker and it means I'm not stuck on the same game for too many days, especially since I never play that many games nowadays.

zombrowski

Yo!
That's the way to obtain infinite, green herb in CV (this trick working as well in digital version of game) ;)

We all know the begin of the game. Using a lighter with guard. From that moment, WE CANNOT pick up any item and using anything in inventory!! (Only exception is Handgun, we have cut-scene with Steve, so we must take gun). After meeting with Steve, enter the next location, where we can find a green herb on the wooden floor, nearby the door to the guardhouse. An now magic: in inventory we should have items in this order: red instruction manual book, gun, herb. If is that, we enter a FILE option, and read only one available file (just enter in). In this moment, a red manual in inventory is disappear, and the herb should be in his place. Leave an inventory. Now try to shot, and Claire should shot only one time. From that moment, a green herb in our inventory should be infinite ;)

My advices: - better don't mix herb with others
- you can leave this herb for Chris :)

Video proof:

After getting the herb I go back to the cell and grab the knife then you can have real fun chopping up zombies ,its faster than shooting them , with the herb and the knife the bandersnatch is history with 3 slashes

What I don't get is what is the fun playing through a game knowing you wont fail? I understand it can be useful if you really want to get the A rank trophy. But for first time players this must ruin the game.. am I right?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Sniper Wolf Sniper Wolf Sniper Wolf <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 This is not spam! I love Sniper Wolf <3 <3 <3

PS. She's a bitch but I love her anyways

Deathstroke

Slade Wilson
Does the trick also still work after you get the Rocket Launcher? Because you automatically have it in your inventory if you start another game. Does this mess up the herb trick?

Shocker

This does work with rocket launcher. I saw someone do it. I hated this game at first but it's growing on me. This glitch is extremely helpful. You have to do it precisely but it does work. I am playing psn download version just FYI.

I used these exact instructions:

1. Start a NEW GAME.
2. DONT READ THE GAME MANUAL that u can find in ur inventory. Dont even touch it!
3. DONT pick up the knife in the starting room. U can pick it up later in the game after performing the glitch.
4. If u want u can pick up the green herb and/or the pistol ammo, its optional.
5. After leaving the first room, go to the area where Steve gives u a pistol after a cut scene.
6. DONT do anything with the pistol! DONT shoot and dont change something in ur inventory!
7. Go to the next room where u see a veranda. On that veranda u find a second green herb. Go through the door into the next room and pick up the third green herb that can be found on the table upstairs.
8. Go to ur inventory. At the moment ur pistol is equipped. Mix the three green herbs. ITS IMPORTANT to have the herb mix standing ONE slot AFTER the pistol. So u have to mix it in the "right" order!
9. Go to FILES in the menu. Read the GAME MANUAL from there. DONT read it from the category ITEMS!
10. After reading the manual, u will see, that the manual icon is removed from ur inventory and ur herb mix is equipped.
11. Go back into the game and shoot a few times with the pistol. U will see that ur pistol only fires one shot. After this shot ur pistol is empty. Now the equipped herb mix is glitched.
12. Go into the inventory and use the herb mix as often as u want. U can now do everything u want in the inventory. The herb mix will stay glitched for the whole game. U can also put it into an item box to keep on using it later as Chris.

Note: It doesnt matter what health/ammo item u want to get glitchy. Its just important that the item u choose stands one slot after the equipped pistol and then read the manual from the category FILES. If u choose to get a single herb glitched and u mix it with an other herb after performing the glitch, the herb mix WONT HAVE the infinity property anymore. So dont mix it after performing the glitch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom