• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If the Chinese could vote

Who would Chinese business owners and workers vote for?

• They would vote for Trump

• They would vote for Biden

Results are only viewable after voting.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
..... not in China but in the upcoming 2020 USA election. How do you think Chinese business owners and workers would vote?

Poll votes are anonymous and can't be changed.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I did respond to the poll, but I am curious why you'd like to know? I know there is a discussion about which candidate is better for China in general (or who is potentially more likely to be leveraged by China), but why the poll? I am all for discussing politics - it just seems unusual to me. haha

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I have an answer to this but I wanted to see what others are thinking first.
The answer was a big surprise to me, maybe it surprises others too.

Trump started a trade war with China and many Chinese businesses who export to America are struggling. I watched on Norwegian TV news, a report previous week from China, where several business owners were interviewed. They owned various businesses that are suffering as a result of the trade war, they used to export to USA but tariffs have put a stop to the export.

Many entrepeneurs and owners of small to medium sized businesses were interviewed and what they said was a big surprise to me. Some of them will be out of business soon, but all of them LIKES Trump. They like his personality and most of them hoped he gets a 2nd period as President because they like his politics too. ?!?!?!!! How can they like the politics of the President who are putting them out of business? They were really able to imagine themselves as American business owners and see things from the other side when answering. I'm impressed.

The first thing Trump should have done in his presidency was to get a few million Chinese immigrants so they could vote in 2020. :p

Fake news or biased? This report was not from Fox News, it was the Norwegian NRK, they are tax funded and have to be neutral. Norwegian journalists are in general lefties and Biden supporters privately but NRK are not allowed to show any bias.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Interesting. I see exactly what you mean. I think a lot of support for Trump from these businesses comes from the fact that people see him as a business forward leader. Honestly, I personally don't think he cares for small business. But the rhetoric is ripe for his supporters to say that he is all for small business. One of the main reasons he kept diminished the Covid-19 response in the US was to keep the economy going and aid businesses. However, it had the opposite effect since it essentially allowed more people to get sick faster which demanded harsher safety mandates for businesses. At the tea company, we had to enforce a lot of changes to keep our workers safe in our small business. But we lucked out - no one has gotten sick yet despite us being so close to New York City.

I don't exactly know what a Chinese person might think about the current political climate of the US. But it is an interesting topic.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
So I mistakenly clicked Biden, and genuinely meant Trump, and the reason isn't financial I don't think, but culture based. Asia in general, from what I've heard, is far more conservative minded just based on their culture and morals. Also, anecdotally, one of my best friend's girlfriends is Chinese (Has been here in the states since she was 15, and she's almost 30 now) and she voted Trump. So those combined make me assume it would be Trump.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Thanks for the posts, I was surprised how little respons it was to this.

Asians are conservative? Maybe they are, but in what way? I have seen so many immigrants from there having a tendency to vote for the far left parties thar are semi-communist. But there are more than one way to be conservative, a communist could be conservative in politics of family matters for example.

Another thing I did not mention, is that the Chinese economy is very state controlled. Chinese businessmen who wants it to open up thinks Trump will be more helpful for them, putting pressure on China.

Top Bottom