• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 If RE7 turns into another RE6, are you done with the franchise?

black 93

Ok iv heard people say that if capcom continue down the micheal bay route, then their done with RE. I wouldnt go that far, id still play it because its a new chapter in my favourite series and to see the story. Plus after revelations 2 im optimistic. I do remember though reading somewhere revelations is going to be the horror side series and main installments are gunna be bombastic action. I would be disapointed though, just because of all the feedback capcom has had from fans and if they ignored us yet again it would feel like a slap in the face. Dont get me wrong i understand its not entirely their fault its just the way the gaming industry is now. Everyone feels the need to get call of duty sales and blah blah blah. But RE is supposed to be a survival horror franchise with action elements. The evil within did this perfectly, it still had parts where guns were blazing but i still felt vunerable during the entire game. Also from what i understand the evil within sold pretty well, so people do still like the genre. What do you guys think? Would you still play the game but just not get your hopes up anymore? or would you just be done with RE from now on?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
RE has never been about survival horror for me, and I like the new games too, so no, I'm definitely not going to quit if 7 turns out like 6. I would prefer it to be like Revelations 2, but I also had a lot of fun with 6. As soon as the fun is gone, that's when I'll quit.

Meg

So bin ich eben
I wouldn't say so no. Even if the main series continues down that route, so long as there are good side games and remakes I'll be happy.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm done with the franchise. I would, however, be extremely disappointed like I was with 6. I only played 6 once and if 7 is the same then it's likely I'll only play that once too, which says a lot when I'm still playing Revelations 2 to fully complete it.

I would be annoyed with Capcom because they're spouting all this stuff about learning from what happened with 6 and the mixed reviews they got for it. To make the game the same would be silly, in my opinion.

Obviously I'm speaking from my viewpoint here. I get that people did like 6 and I respect that. But personally, I wouldn't want another 6.

black 93

Cool, dont get me wrong, the title of this thread dosent speak for me. Its just something iv heard people say, i personally wouldnt quit RE id just be like ok il still play them for the story and because its my favourite series.

black 93

I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm done with the franchise. I would, however, be extremely disappointed like I was with 6. I only played 6 once and if 7 is the same then it's likely I'll only play that once too, which says a lot when I'm still playing Revelations 2 to fully complete it.

I would be annoyed with Capcom because they're spouting all this stuff about learning from what happened with 6 and the mixed reviews they got for it. To make the game the same would be silly, in my opinion.

Obviously I'm speaking from my viewpoint here. I get that people did like 6 and I respect that. But personally, I wouldn't want another 6.
Thats my opinion too, i enjoyed 6 but it was a mixed bag for the majority of people, and with the way capcom has claimed 6 was a learning experience for them and they probably wouldnt attempt that approach again, to do it again with 7 would seem ridiculous.

Reactions: Jen

black 93

RE has never been about survival horror for me, and I like the new games too, so no, I'm definitely not going to quit if 7 turns out like 6. I would prefer it to be like Revelations 2, but I also had a lot of fun with 6. As soon as the fun is gone, that's when I'll quit.
Cool, you make a good point, fun is the most important part when playing games!

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
RE has never been about survival horror for me
Same here, I thought I was the only one. I've never really considered RE horror/survival horror because when I hear the word "horror" I always relate it to supernatural things which RE isn't about. Well yes RE games can be scary but for me RE's genre is science fiction-ish TPS action-adventure.

Anyway I'm kinda okay if RE7 is similar to RE6 but only if it's single player.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
Absolutely not. I will stick with RE until they stop making games. Albeit I will be extremely disappointed if they keep going down the route they are going, but that isn't going to stop me from playing it.

Scrumpeh

Sleepy Person
Premium
All Capcom needs to do is work with us a little bit. They saw the mixed reviews for 6, and they saw the positive reviews for Revelations 2. Personally, I think they need to take a look at Revelations 2, and just think "What did we bring back/add to get the thumbs up from the players? And are we capable of doing this again?"

It isn't that they can't do it. Revelations 2 is proof that they still have what it takes to make a good RE game. If I were to give 3 tips to Capcom (Not that they'd see it or anything) they would have to be:

1. Please don't rush this game

2. Make a list of things that the players like and don't like, and try to incorporate the things we DO like into the game, within reason. You do not want to try catering to everyone.

3. Fire Michael Bay, please

No, but seriously:

3. Think about the fan base that you want to cater to, do NOT try to cater to everyone as it will turn into a jumbled up mess of action, and horror "like" elements, I.E. Resident Evil 6 (Although I did enjoy the game, it is my least favorite in the series)

At this point in time, Capcom is a "Dead" zombie on the floor. But, depending on how Resident Evil 7 goes, they could become a Crimson Head.

wayne

All Capcom needs to do is work with us a little bit. They saw the mixed reviews for 6, and they saw the positive reviews for Revelations 2. Personally, I think they need to take a look at Revelations 2, and just think "What did we bring back/add to get the thumbs up from the players? And are we capable of doing this again?"

It isn't that they can't do it. Revelations 2 is proof that they still have what it takes to make a good RE game. If I were to give 3 tips to Capcom (Not that they'd see it or anything) they would have to be:

1. Please don't rush this game

2. Make a list of things that the players like and don't like, and try to incorporate the things we DO like into the game, within reason. You do not want to try catering to everyone.

3. Fire Michael Bay, please

No, but seriously:

3. Think about the fan base that you want to cater to, do NOT try to cater to everyone as it will turn into a jumbled up mess of action, and horror "like" elements, I.E. Resident Evil 6 (Although I did enjoy the game, it is my least favorite in the series)

At this point in time, Capcom is a "Dead" zombie on the floor. But, depending on how Resident Evil 7 goes, they could become a Crimson Head.

If resident evil 7 has been in development since they finished 6 which apparently it has, i dont think it will be rushed theyve had like over 3 years to work on it.

wayne

Has anyone heard that rumor about resident evil 7 taking place in raccoon city? If its true it must be set during 2 and 3 otherwise i dont know how its going to work when raccoon city got destroyed.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Has anyone heard that rumor about resident evil 7 taking place in raccoon city? If its true it must be set during 2 and 3 otherwise i dont know how its going to work when raccoon city got destroyed.
Really? never heard of that rumor before, it's really weird if RE 7 is set between 2 and 3 because previous numbered RE tittles have moved forward to the future.

wayne

Really? never heard of that rumor before, it's really weird if RE 7 is set between 2 and 3 because previous numbered RE tittles have moved forward to the future.

Iknow i dont know if its actually true you know how much people like to spread rumours lol but type it in google and it should come up.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Sounds more like the wishful thinking of some hardcore old-school fans who would like to live in the past and see nothing but Raccoon City and old mansions forever.

wayne

Sounds more like the wishful thinking of some hardcore old-school fans who would like to live in the past and see nothing but Raccoon City and old mansions forever.

True but who knows but this is capcom we are talking about here.

Top Bottom