• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 If Re6 was just Leon's game would it of worked

Denzil22

Premium
And maybe Ada's to of corse you would have to tweak the story for this to work but maybe cutting some of the rest would of made for a better game well to most people . I really enjoyed playing 6 only Chris's game was a bit of a drag for me even sherrys part was ok but If I was a smaller would it of been better.

Fenris

Wolf :)
To be honest, I would have preferred to only have 1 long campaign. Sherry and Jake could have only been important key characters, same for Chris and Piers. I'm sure the story would have been less confusing and a lot of things would have made much more sense. Maybe then the whole Carla thing would have been brought to the public, which I kinda thought was a big mistake by Capcom, to not reveal it. I mean Leon thinks now that Ada brutally killed a lot of BSAA Agents and Chris will try to kill her, if he meets her again.

Denzil22

Premium
Yeah maybe it would of been better to of redone the story from scratch and used the same charicters the all Carla thing did confuse a lot of people.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not really..leon's campaign was still one big QTE fest with awful camera,awful controls and awful level design but it would've made it less awful for sure i wouldn't have had the misfortune to play through disgusting scripted events of jake&Sherry or the Gears of Duty of Chirs&Piers.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Not really..leon's campaign was still one big QTE fest with awful camera,awful controls and awful level design but it would've made it less awful for sure i wouldn't have had the misfortune to play through disgusting scripted events of jake&Sherry or the Gears of Duty of Chirs&Piers.

No, Leon. You can't go a different route in the tutorial level. There are invisible walls there! Now hop the railing like a good little gerbil.
Invisible walls in 2012, Capcom? What's next, a debug mode in RE7?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No, Leon. You can't go a different route in the tutorial level. There are invisible walls there! Now hop the railing like a good little gerbil.
Invisible walls in 2012, Capcom? What's next, a debug mode in RE7?
Bladder infection is the true horror behind RE6.

umbra aeterna

And maybe Ada's to of corse you would have to tweak the story for this to work but maybe cutting some of the rest would of made for a better game well to most people . I really enjoyed playing 6 only Chris's game was a bit of a drag for me even sherrys part was ok but If I was a smaller would it of been better.
-A combined campaign would've worked.It could've been campaign 1= switch between leon and helena and ada .Campaign 2 could've been chris and piers and jake and sherry.why this way? because that confrontation between chris/pier over 'ada (it was carla) and leon .it would not work if they shared campaign mode. as for the jake/chris confrontation,chris's guilt was eating him alive and he nearly pulled the trigger on himself...only for jake to change his mind (chris was hoping for that headshot,guys),which is why they're campaign can work together.on a fun note,at certain points,you can choose who to switch between per mission,making for a completely different gaming experience each play though.but,re6 was experimental.not so scary,but the game mecahnics were better than four and 5

agentcell

Yeah I thought the same thing. I wished the game focused only on Leon. It branched out to much and tried to cater to every type of gamer. But Leon was the best campaign. The rest were just fluff and fillers.

Masterteo89_

Well, what can i say if not that i mostly agree with you ?

Leon and Helena ( i played as Helena ) are the most oldschool-like RE campaign.

1- The infected cityes, that somehow reminds you of RE2

2- Alone in a city full of zombies, plus the zombies that keep spawning make you always on edge

3- Dark places , full of atmosphere.

4- Places that reminds you of old school RE games : train --> RE0 ; sewer, city street --> RE2, RE3 , ...

5- Deborah, i find her design somehow similar to the first transformation of Alexia. Again reminders to old school RE games.

6 - Dogs, don't forget the dogs! --> RE 1 , 2 , 3.

7- Like old RE games, a lot of zombies, only few BOWs. Only 2 Lepotitsa and 1 giant fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said, Helena campaign is my favourite. I love the story, atmosphere and the places.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piers campaign : i give the story a good 9 / 10 because Piers is a very well done character. And the story is nice.

Gameplay : 5 / 10. I am playing a RE game or a bad copy of DOOM 3 ?

DOOM 3 is :

1- Fps

2- enemyes are humans ( dead) that shoot at you

3- enemyes are demons of different kind

RE 6 Piers campaign is :

1- Fps

2- enemyes are humans ( mutated) that shoot at you

3- enemyes are BOWs of different kind

See the similarity ?

If i want to play a war game, i go play Wolfenstein...

Jake campaign is like Piers, only boring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ada is the only campaign that i have dropped after 1 hour of play.

Can't stand it, the gameplay is a bad copy of Metal Gear solid. And if i want to play a spy stealth game, i play Metal Gear Solid 1 - 3 and not RE6.

Ada campaign earned a 0 / 10 for me.

umbra aeterna

Well, what can i say if not that i mostly agree with you ?

Leon and Helena ( i played as Helena ) are the most oldschool-like RE campaign.

1- The infected cityes, that somehow reminds you of RE2

2- Alone in a city full of zombies, plus the zombies that keep spawning make you always on edge

3- Dark places , full of atmosphere.

4- Places that reminds you of old school RE games : train --> RE0 ; sewer, city street --> RE2, RE3 , ...

5- Deborah, i find her design somehow similar to the first transformation of Alexia. Again reminders to old school RE games.

6 - Dogs, don't forget the dogs! --> RE 1 , 2 , 3.

7- Like old RE games, a lot of zombies, only few BOWs. Only 2 Lepotitsa and 1 giant fish

That said, Helena campaign is my favourite. I love the story, atmosphere and the places.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piers campaign : i give the story a good 9 / 10 because Piers is a very well done character. And the story is nice.

Gameplay : 5 / 10. I am playing a RE game or a bad copy of DOOM 3 ?

DOOM 3 is :

1- Fps

2- enemyes are humans ( dead) that shoot at you

3- enemyes are demons of different kind

RE 6 Piers campaign is :

1- Fps

2- enemyes are humans ( mutated) that shoot at you

3- enemyes are BOWs of different kind

See the similarity ?

If i want to play a war game, i go play Wolfenstein...

Jake campaign is like Piers, only boring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ada is the only campaign that i have dropped after 1 hour of play.

Can't stand it, the gameplay is a bad copy of Metal Gear solid. And if i want to play a spy stealth game, i play Metal Gear Solid 1 - 3 and not RE6.

Ada campaign earned a 0 / 10 for me.
I have to agree.the best one was definately leon helena.felt like resident evil

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
It would have been better yeah. RE6's story was a convoluted mess.

Don't get me wrong but Leon's campaign was the most RE to me.

Chris: Dramatic military-focused story? Dude, I already played Mass Effect... I liked Piers, tho

Jake: Action Adventure? I also played Uncharted...

Ada: Nothing special, but I liked it nevertheless.

I also liked Piers, and they killed him.. Lol the only interesting character of the new ones they kill. I honestly would rather see Chris or Leon die. Resident Evil need new fresh blood in the main cast.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Resident Evil 6 was definitely bloated and could have used some polish. Leon's campaign was by far the strongest. It was dark, atmospheric, zombies were back and had many interesting variations, it didn't experiment too much with poorly executed and unnecessary concepts like stealth and vehicles, and so on.

Leon vs Chris/Leon and Chris was a huge thing going into this game and really, that should have been a major part of the plot. But instead, rather than focusing our attention on that, we ended up sharing that with Sherry, Jake, and Ada and in the end Leon and Chris have one encounter, talk through a radio, and are never once playable together at the same time.

Resident Evil 6 should have only had 2 campaigns, one with Leon and Sherry, and the other with Chris and Jake. Piers, Helena, and Carla are such unnecessary characters with pointless plot points going nowhere so cutting them shouldn't be a big deal.

With less characters, you can tell a much more focused story and with the pairings I listed above, you have more meaningful and interesting character dynamics. Leon and Sherry have a pretty big history so they'll not only make a great team but also have plenty of fun dialogue. This would also be a great contrast to the more untrustworthy team of Chris and Jake. Given both their histories and personalities, naturally they won't get along but at the same time have to rely on each other. They'll have to overcome their egos and get passed a huge revelation and work together.

RE6 felt the shortest but was the longest in a way. Each campaign felt short in story, but because it was so many campaigns to play the game was very long still. One long campaign would be great. To be honest RE6 was too long because of all the campaigns..

Top Bottom