• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I need help before buying a ps4

Agent Spike

Next year I'm travelling to the US and I'm planning to buy myself a ps4. I have to mention that my last console was the nintendo wii so I have no clue what's up with the updates, patches, and all that stuff. lol I feel like a grandfather trying to learn about how to use a computer for the first time. Okay enough with that and into the questions:

1. When I buy it, do I need to connect it to the internet to play games? Cause I'm not planning to play online at all.

2. I keep hearing that the ps4 needs constant upgrades, is that true? what happens if I don't? Can I still play games without them?

I thought I had more questions but I guess those were my main concerns. I hope one of you guys could help me out. Thanks in advance!

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Well there are certain games that always require an internet connection in order to play but most single player games should be ok offline.

There are quite a lot of updates and patches released so ideally, you would want to be connected to the net. Although you can still play games offline without the latest patch/update.

Hope that helps.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Next year I'm travelling to the US and I'm planning to buy myself a ps4.
Do you plan to stay in the US? If you don't, it is perhaps better to buy it in a store closer to you. In case you get a problem with the console. Good luck. :)

Agent Spike

Do you plan to stay in the US? If you don't, it is perhaps better to buy it in a store closer to you. In case you get a problem with the console. Good luck. :)

No, I don't plan to stay. I want to buy it over there because here in Argentina, it's too expensive. What kind of problem are you talking about? :)

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
If you are unlucky and get technical problems. It's easier to deal with a store near you, but maybe it won't be a problem.

Something that could be a bigger problem, is if Argentina and the US don't have the same power voltage and same power sockets.

Agent Spike

If you are unlucky and get technical problems. It's easier to deal with a store near you, but maybe it won't be a problem.

Something that could be a bigger problem, is if Argentina and the US don't have the same power voltage and same power sockets.

Oh okay and about the sockets, I have everything figured out. I have this thing that I'm not sure how it's called in English. I thinks it's called an electric/power transformer/converter.

Top Bottom