• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dead Aim I like this game!

Mako Crab

I've been replaying a bunch of RE games this month. It's October, and I felt like playing some horror instead of sitting down and watching, y'know.

So I fired up Dead Aim and mowed through the whole game in 2:38 and. . . yeah, it's about how I remembered it. It's not bad, but there's just so little to it. Trying to tie Morpheus to the Raccoon City incident felt like a cheap way to try and give him some cred as a villain. I ain't buying it. Maybe someone pinned the blame on him, but there were already enough players in Raccoon City to cause that whole mess.

Bruce and Fong Ling are standard good guy characters, but they're likable enough. I'd kinda like to see them make the transition into one of the main games in one way or another. It'd be cool to see them again (along with Ark Thompson). The dialogue is standard RE corny, but it's even moreso here if you play with the subtitles on. The spoken dialogue doesn't match the subtitles more than half the time!!

Scariest part of the game for me was when you first encounter Tyrant Morpheus and you have to run from him throughout the ship. Freaky scene! And despite the weirdness of Morpheus being a trans-gendered Tyrant, I thought his monster design was pretty cool. . . except for the high heels. WTF?

A remake of this game would be cool, but only if it was pumped full of a lot more content. I think it was decent enough to deserve a remake. Mostly I just want to see its ideas expanded upon.

Top Bottom