• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would you finish the franchise off?

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
So if you were the story writer, how would you wrap up the last game of the franchise?

......So lets see...where do we begin???

How would you stop Global- Bio-Terrorism?
How would you Global-Terrorism in our world today?

I guess there is no answer for those two questions, because it will never stop.

This is definitely a thread worth thinking about.

Let's just blow spitballs here:

Thousands have joined the BSAA to put an end to Bio terrorism. Civilian Rebel groups from all over the world help the BSAA with what little they can.

Since Adam Benford, the President of the United States is dead, what if Leon and Claire joined along sides with Chris and Jill?

What if Natalia kills Barry?

We know Ada is most likely is going to do something to help the antagonist that is trying to come in to power, so what if the BSAA hunts her down and Leon has to do the one thing he doesn't want to do...what if he has to kill or arrest Ada?

I have no idea where Rebecca would play into, so I'll leave that to you.

And why not throw in a nuclear threat as well? Those things still exist right???

Things are just as bad as they can get for our favorite characters in this story I'm brewing up here; but that is usually a recipe for an amazing ending in a franchise.

This is just one scenario playing out in my head.
There could also be two different scenarios in the game's ending: The good one and the bad one.

I obviously would have no idea where to start with this because I'm not a writer, and I don't have much of an idea on what CAPCOM's plans are for the next game ( I don't think any of us have a clue). But like I said, we are just spitballing here, so don't be too critical on this.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading-
TyrantNemesis

mjk321

final twist in the end: Albert Wesker shows himself after the last boss of the game and kill Chris. the Earth is covered with the T-virus.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I'll keep things very brief since it's late xD I can expand on it later.

I think I agree with you about Leon needing to take out Ada at some point. It's almost evitable at this point. The story of "The Family" likely isn't over yet. There has been hints given that there is a link between Umbrella and The Family. Perhaps a shocking revelation the be told. The Family also has a new and unknown leader. Old rumored RE7 concept art shows something interesting. http://i.imgur.com/cP9nc66.jpg I have reasons to believe that concept art is real.

There has also been rumors that RE7 may see a return of William Birkin in some capacity. This doesn't mean he is actually alive today, but he is somehow a boss fight? Perhaps we return to Raccoon City and somehow his mutated form has adapted and mutated post radiation. After all... G is Darwinism at its finest. We could see him in the form of an A.I. perhaps. We also cannot rule out Sherry Birkin who may have an interesting role to play. After all.... I am sure Alex Wesker would be interested in fact the G-Virus bonded to her and that she can live 400 years old. It could be a plot twist (but unlikely) that Simmons was really hiding Sherry from her and not from Albert.

Do not confused Natalia with Alex. They are two different individuals living in the same body. There is a document in the game that actually explains this. Alex stated that she needed to kill Natalia because she was afraid that her consciousness could become dominant and that Alex's memories would blend in with hers. In this sense Natalia would overpower Alex BUT Natalia would have Alex's memories. In this sense she would be replaced by Natalia. This was something that drove Alex into madness and she was detrained to kill Natalia and break her so she could be the dominant one. I think the little girl will still have some fight in her and it'll be a real internal struggle between the two of them.

I am also a believer that a main character needs to die. It would be tragic if Barry died but.... I think that after all this time. It's Chris's time to go. He's suffered so much loss, so much sacrifice, and he's showing sign that all of this loss is finally catching up to him. If I were to write a game for the series I would have it that Chris and Jake came to mutual terms and Chris was a mentor like character to Jake. (I am sorry but I 100% disagree with everyone who says Jake is a ****ty character. He was actually very well written for what RE6 was. Love or hate the gameplay of his story all you want. His character held an impact and added a lot to the story, not just for himself but for other characters as well.) I would also likely have Alex be the one to "off" Chris. This would spark the war between her and Jake. I would also alternatively think about having Alex off Claire to push Chris to show him what it's like to lose a sibling. Whether Alex truly cares about this is another issue of its own. A friend of mine who likes to write had an interesting idea of Alex actually tricking Chris into killing Claire himself and triggering the t-phobo's within her as Alex thrusts them into one of her twisted games.

Yes I would have Alex Wesker be the main villain from here on out with other villains in between. The thing with Alex is that while she has just appeared and mentioned in RE5. Both the DLC and main story. She almost feels as if she IS Resident Evil in the way Spencer was. Even though Albert is the most loved villain in the series and one of the most iconic gaming villains of all time. He isn't exactly a horrifying character, Alex on the other hand is a sick and twisted sadistic bitch who is all about FEAR! She is exactly the kind of character Resident Evil needs to go back to it's survival horror roots. Further more I would write her in a sense that goes back to the earlier days of Resident Evil. Have her as a character that manipulated so much of Umbrella and other characters. After all.... she knew a lot and was put in charge to "Oversee" Project W. She must have been able to pull a lot of strings as she was deeply trusted by Spencer and she was his favorite, he saw her as his child more so than he did of the other Wesker Children. Her character is very deeply rooted in the franchise and I think she has the potential of being the most horrifying and formidable villain the series has ever had, even dare I say become a gaming villain icon if done right.

I also wouldn't mind seeing more of Raymond. Perhaps he and Jessica has ties with Ada? Jessica while is more loved that Raymond. Is not actually that compelling of a character. Raymond on the other hand is shrouded with so much mystery. He's shown that he has a consciousness and I think there are justifications of progressing his character as a side character. Some speculate that he is actually a Wesker child who escaped and was thought to be dead. Perhaps one that isn't evil. Some may say that he is Wesker's child, a much older brother to Jake. I'm not sure how either of these would work and Albert would have had to had him in his late teens/early 20's. Both Jake and Raymond are the only characters to have red hair if I recall and their eye's debatably look relatable. Of course these theories are a big stretch but I suppose the possibility is there.

Resident Evil has so much story to tell that it can go on for at least another 2 decades. Long story short... I wouldn't finish the franchise anytime soon. It would leave too many threads untied. (I would end it with Alex Wesker though for plenty of reasons). I haven't even gotten into Billy or Rebecca yet. Heck I even had a story for Billy years back around the time of RE5. I still have one for Billy and Rebecca that intertwines them to meet again. It's quite tragic and people wouldn't know it's Billy until much later in the game when they notice his tattoos as he would have changed his name after the events of Raccoon City. It would take place in current canon (modern time) but years after he believed his wife and child were killed in a catastrophic event. I'll just leave it at that for now otherwise I might as well write it all out -_-

Anyways.... uhhh so much for keeping that "brief" FML xD I'm not proof reading this >.>

TyrantNemesis

I'LL GIVE YOU STARS!
Well, Airaku, you definitely have a great grasp on how you would tie everything together. Nicely done.
Your surely right about Chris having to go, as much as we all love his character, he's suffered through lots of pain for sure. I had no idea how to play in a lot of the new characters, since there isn't much story background on them. And yes it could go for another 20 years, I'd love to see that, but'd hate to see the characters get old lol.
I honestly have read as much as I can on Alex (at least, last night I did). There is still A LOT I don't know, so I have lots more reading to do. I was even thinking of throwing Alex in my idea, just really didn't want to go to far with it and was tired as hell.
But I like your ideas man. Good work.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Well, Airaku, you definitely have a great grasp on how you would tie everything together. Nicely done.
Your surely right about Chris having to go, as much as we all love his character, he's suffered through lots of pain for sure. I had no idea how to play in a lot of the new characters, since there isn't much story background on them. And yes it could go for another 20 years, I'd love to see that, but'd hate to see the characters get old lol.
I honestly have read as much as I can on Alex (at least, last night I did). There is still A LOT I don't know, so I have lots more reading to do. I was even thinking of throwing Alex in my idea, just really didn't want to go to far with it and was tired as hell.
But I like your ideas man. Good work.

Thanks a lot :p I defiantly over think a lot of things when it comes to Resident Evil (and a few others but mainly Resident Evil) I defiantly think there is a lot of story to tell with Alex and the game really set up a future for her. Almost like a prelude to her story, much as the game hinted with some nudges. They also set up an arc for her to consume the world in fear and form some sort of New World Order 0.0

Capcom has been throwing in A LOT of new characters that are all of a younger generation. It's almost as if they are going the Star War's route and passing the torch to a younger generation, while still having the older, original characters present. All of the numbered titles take place within a year or two of real world dates, which is partially why the Revelation games had to have name attached to them because they take place in between games. Most of these younger characters are all related in some shape or form to the original cast. It is possible that even Natalia has some ties to someone that will be revealed later.

It's also quite ironic that Capcom took Alex Wesker, who was 51 at the time of Revelations 2 (ALL the Wesker children were born in 1960. This has been established in the canon for a while) and put her into a younger body. I can't see Capcom going through all the work to set up things this way if she's only going to be in one more game. If Capcom were smart she will be here for a long time and involved in so many events like Albert was. She doesn't need to be the big bad villain in all the games as other villains would exist much like how Saddler, Simmons, Veltro, Carla, etc existed. Not to mention her being the "Oveerseer" and knowing everything as an all seeing eye. She has more resources than Albert ever did and potentially her hands were more so deeply rooted in certain things. She doesn't need to be anything at all like Albert nor be viewed as a replacement. She is her own character with her own story and one that is truly frightening. Hell, she could have her hands in everything for all we know.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
^I agree with you, though for me RE5 was the last good game with a good story. Every other game that come out after 5 was just BS

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Tbh. They were okay but nothing special.

I thought they were. I liked the whole return to the older atmosphere with the newer gameplay style. They were a bit lower budget so they lacked the polished quality. But the story writing was much better. Especially Revelations 2 which is debatably the best plot in the series. It's one of my favorite games in the series by far :)

Honestly, I want it to have a bad ending. With the virus spreading all over the world and the villans taking over. I'm tired of games and movies that must have a good ending at all times. Maybe an alternative is to have 2 completley seperate endings. 1 that ends good and 1 that ends bad.

That way no one will truly know, and everyone would get an ending they liked in true Resident Evil fashion.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Honestly, I want it to have a bad ending. With the virus spreading all over the world and the villans taking over. I'm tired of games and movies that must have a good ending at all times. Maybe an alternative is to have 2 completley seperate endings. 1 that ends good and 1 that ends bad.

That way no one will truly know, and everyone would get an ending they liked in true Resident Evil fashion.

Well Revelations 2 is the closest thing we'll have of the villain winning imo. Unless they have the balls to take it further.

There are a few films and games where the antagonists win. I can't really think of any off hand right now. Resistance 2 had huge balls with it's ending. One would debate so do the Mass Effect games =D

Darth Spencer

Oswell Spencer would return. He's the one behind everything in the Resident Evil universe, so he should be the final boss of the series. Maybe reveal that he's an alien trying to convert humanity.

JHJ

"Doth Mother Know You Weareth Her Drapes?"
I agree with MartinMilk. The best way to end the series is with the heroes losing, and the various different strains of the virus being let loose on the planet. It'd certainly make a change from the same old "good guys win at the eleventh hour" bs. The best example of a third act rug pull where the hero loses I can think of is the original Korean version of Oldboy. If you've seen the film, you'll know what I mean.

ADRENAL LOOSE

Tattooed Machanic with a Gamer Side
Theses are great ideas, I think the death of the BSAA and UMBRELLA leaving the virus and B.O.W'S to reclaim the earth would be a good ending. With no Heros or villains left, fate is left in humanity's hands.

Top Bottom