• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) how should a resident evil 2 remake be?

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
I've actually played it and despite the lack of auto aim it still functions just fine.

Ideally it would be great to have a auto aim but its not that much of a deal breaker, in fact NOT having a auto aim may make the survival horror experience better.

But my over all point still stands, lack of auto aim aside the fact is that Capcom has shown that they are capable of having both in one game, whether or not its 100% to everyone's liking is besides the point.

But if it would make fans happy I'm pretty sure adding a auto aim would not be that much of a hassle, they probably only neglected this with RE5 lost in nightmares because its a over the shoulder game at heart with a added fixed camera option for nostalgia.

And I have seen plenty of gorgeous games run on current gen consoles at 1080p 60fps such as Tomb Raider that looks fantastic, pre-rendered does not reign as supreme as you make it seem.
Ok dude whatever...
Have a nice day/night XD

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Ok dude whatever...
Have a nice day/night XD

Nice way to walk away from a discussion where I did not throw any personal insults are jabs at you, I think I deserved better than "Ok dude whatever...."

Maybe a Lets agree to disagree and have a nice day/night?

But yea, you do the same dude.:happy:

wolf trail

Nice way to walk away from a discussion where I did not throw any personal insults are jabs at you, I think I deserved better than "Ok dude whatever...."

Maybe a Lets agree to disagree and have a nice day/night?

But yea, you do the same dude.:happy:
Actually this conversation became too long and boring to continue but pardon me if I offended you in any ways...

But like you said I still dissagree with most of what you said :)
I think you just love to see both camera mods in that game no matter what and when I explain why I think it's not doable
You keep mentioning dark nightmares to prof yourself right...
Then telling me that I MAKE pre rendered graphics look better than realtime....
That's too much for me that's why I said yeah whatever...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
No I have not played it but I have seen gameplay fotage on youtube and all I see is poor controls with no auto aim functionality.
Now don't get me wrong the dlc looks pretty fun but I'm talking about the fixed camera gameplay.
Sure Capcom pulled it off but I'm not happy with the result...
It has the same aiming system, they just changed the camera ...
can you imagin free aim functionality in a fixed camera prespective? It's a disaster...
If they change the camera they should chang the aiming mechanics and then to balance everything out they need to change enemy AI which will lead to two different game mechanics...
If Capcom is going to include that then I would apritiate it too but I still think it's unlikely.

I agree, new consoles are pretty powerful but they still can't handle CG movie quality,
Does a ps3 handle a game with RE damnation's quality? No, no matter how powerful the console is pre-rendered graphics are always better looking.

I didn't know about the easter egg. That is really awesome! Lost in Nightmares plays NO differently than the main game itself does. I also didn't know that there was an auto-aim function in the series. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. How does auto-aim even work in a game with free laser aiming? That kind of defeats the point does it not? I hate how the newer games have crosshairs in them. It's so unrealistic for that Resident Evil is and stands for. At least you can disable them and put in the laser sights. Which sucks in RE6 with Leon because of the dual wielding and overall it's not as smooth. In the Rev games it's great!

Also Lost in Nightmares is pretty pivotal to the story of the series. It goes into Spencer and even starts to explore Alex Wesker, who had one mention in the main game. I would argue that LiN can't be ignored.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Also Wolf-trail is right about Pre-rendered graphics. You can do it in gameplay if the camera angle is fixed. Dino-Crisis also did this. Unfortunately most gamers do not like this style of play and it doesn't sell anymore. It sucks but that is kind of the way it is.

I'm curious to see how Capcom changes the formula of Onishima. Which is rumored to have a reveal at either The Game Awards or The Playstation Experience.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Then telling me that I MAKE pre rendered graphics look better than realtime....
That's too much for me that's why I said yeah whatever...

When exactly did I say that?

When I said that it does not reign as supreme as you make it seem?

You took that the wrong way, I never denied that pre-rendered looks better, go back and reread my posts, I only said that non pre-rendered can still look pretty darn great and listed Tomb Raider as a example.

The point I was trying to make was that you don't necessarily have to go pre-rendered if you want to have great graphics, You can still pull off some fantastic graphics without going the pre-rendered route and while it does technically look better than realtime that does not mean that great works of art and beauty can not come out of realtime hence why I said it does not "reign supreme" as in its not the end all be all of getting great graphics, thats all I meant dude, you decide to take it the wrong way and be rude because as you said the conversation was boring and you where simply looking for a out and singled that part as the straw that broke the camel's back lol.

Last edited:

wolf trail

I also didn't know that there was an auto-aim function in the series. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. How does auto-aim even work in a game with free laser aiming?
of course auto aim in a game with over the shoulder camera is stupid. XD
i was taking about when the camera turns into fixed mod.
you decide to take it the wrong way and be rude
hhh I don't really get it...
I had already made it clear that my attitude towards you was completely friendly and by no means I intended to be rude to you...
with all my respect to you but I think you took it the wrong way because it was already 3AM and I couldn't continue a conversation that seemed it was taking us nowhere.
I still think there is some anger in your writings that I never got from anyone else on this forum and the only reason I reply back is that I didn't want you to feel bad about me. :)
let's forget about it should't we?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
of course auto aim in a game with over the shoulder camera is stupid. XD
i was taking about when the camera turns into fixed mod.

Oh it auto-aims when it's in a fixed state. I thought you meant in the main game with over the shoulders. I was like WTF? I never seen that nor does it make any sense xD

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
I think they should allow players to choose for themselves...Not everyone wants to play classic fixed camera angles, they should let us choose if we want to play third person over shoulder or classic fixed camera angles

But this is a remake of RE2, why should they give over shoulder camera for a old school RE game? And a classic to add.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
But this is a remake of RE2, why should they give over shoulder camera for a old school RE game? And a classic to add.

To be fair I'd rather have the new style but with everything else unchanged. The movement speed, ink ribbons, ammo count.

I don't get scared from games but I do get the "oh ****, oh ****, oh ****" from the adrenaline and running from what I can't see. The behind the back view is far more scary than a fixed camera that shows you everything on the screen at once. I mean.... if you can see everything and recognise a threat far before it moves to you. How is that even scary in the slightest? xD not being able to see what stalker behind you is far more intense imho!

I think we should have the option either way. Also make laser sights a standard again. The crosshairs are stupid and are not realistic. Because you know... when we aim we automatically see crosshairs.... Laser sights are real xD it is kind of that Resident Evil thing that makes it unique from other games. Even the option of laser sights are dumb if there is any form of multiplayer (I hope not xD) because it's unbalanced.

Top Bottom