• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) how should a resident evil 2 remake be?

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
Honestly, I don't really want a RE2 REmake unless they can get Kamiya and/or Mikami on board. Short of that, I'd really rather Capcom just continue with new new RE stuff.
I understand but capcom proved that they ARE able to create good survival horror games.
and yeah it's a shame that Shinji Mikami is no longer with capcom.... :(

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I understand but capcom proved that they ARE able to create good survival horror games.
and yeah it's a shame that Shinji Mikami is no longer with capcom.... :(
Don't get me wrong; I don't particularly care that Mikami is no longer with Capcom. I just think that, if they are to remake games, they should get key members of the original staff. Hence my listing Hideki Kamiya first! I have no doubt in my mind that Capcom can make a great RE game, because they've only made a couple that I wouldn't class as such.

wolf trail

Don't get me wrong; I don't particularly care that Mikami is no longer with Capcom. I just think that, if they are to remake games, they should get key members of the original staff. Hence my listing Hideki Kamiya first! I have no doubt in my mind that Capcom can make a great RE game, because they've only made a couple that I wouldn't class as such.
well yeah capcom can definitely make good games with or without Mikami , But i still would like to see mikami back because he is the creator of the franchise.
for example resident evil revelations 2 was a great game no complaining but when i play it i don't feel i am playing resident evil because it lacks a lot of things that defined resident evil from the first place.

btw i understand that new generation of gamers play in a different style and i respect that so i can't blame capcom for the metamorphosis that happened to my favorite Game.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...k-opinion-about-a-resident-evil-2-remake.aspx

Anybody that still thinks a resident evil 2 remake wont happen need to have a look at this. Capcom are pretty much asking us outright if we want this!

I just saw this on facebook and I didn't expect something like this. To me this pretty much confirms that they're going to make it and it's really cool that they're asking us what we want from it rather than just making a game that they think we want.

Edit: there's a new post that makes it look like it's definitely happening https://www.facebook.com/residentevil?fref=ts

Last edited:

black 93

I just saw this on facebook and I didn't expect something like this. To me this pretty much confirms that they're going to make it and it's really cool that they're asking us what we want from it rather than just making a game that they think we want.

Edit: there's a new post that makes it look like it's definitely happening https://www.facebook.com/residentevil?fref=ts
looks like success of remake really opened capcoms eyes! of course some people are STILL gunna conplain even though we've been asking for this since 2002

wolf trail

looks like success of remake really opened capcoms eyes! of course some people are STILL gunna conplain even though we've been asking for this since 2002
Complains never end but that's fine,
People have different playing styles and different passions.

black 93

Complains never end but that's fine,
People have different playing styles and different passions.
Your right, if someone hates RE2 but loves operation racoon city thats totally cool, each to their own. Complaints are good, they can help make things better. What i cant deal with is people asking capcom to remake RE2 for 13 years, then when capcom say their pretty much seriously considering it people are saying " Dont remake 2 make 7 already!!" I say do both! I like what capcom have been doing lately, their trying to involve us and asking our opinions. Capcom know what we want so i just say sit back and let them deliver the goods

ToCool74

Veteran Member
As hardcore of a old school Resident Evil fan that I am I would be willing to compromise and say that the over the shoulder gameplay should stay. ideally having a option for fixed camera would be great, like what RE5 Lost in Nightmares did for example.

I also would love a new important story element to be added like the Lisa Trevor storyline in Resident Evil remaster.

Everything else about the game I would want to remain the same but with updated HD graphics.

black 93

As hardcore of a old school Resident Evil fan that I am I would be willing to compromise and say that the over the shoulder gameplay should stay. ideally having a option for fixed camera would be great, like what RE5 Lost in Nightmares did for example.

I also would love a new important story element to be added like the Lisa Trevor storyline in Resident Evil remaster.

Everything else about the game I would want to remain the same but with updated HD graphics.
I agree there has to be some kind of compromise for fans that came in later on, but like you said they should make it optional. Its good that you brought lost in nightmares up, as that was a PERFECT example of how the over the shoulder view could still be very atmospheric. Iv lost count of the amount of times iv ran round a corner and straight into one of those anchor monsters lol

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Your right, if someone hates RE2 but loves operation racoon city thats totally cool, each to their own. Complaints are good, they can help make things better. What i cant deal with is people asking capcom to remake RE2 for 13 years, then when capcom say their pretty much seriously considering it people are saying " Dont remake 2 make 7 already!!" I say do both! I like what capcom have been doing lately, their trying to involve us and asking our opinions. Capcom know what we want so i just say sit back and let them deliver the goods

I really hate it when people say that. It's not like Capcom is one of the biggest companies in the industry, they can't possibly work on more than one game at a time :/

slack

Same treatment of REmake -- graphics, new map areas, revamped puzzles, new voice overs, etc.
BUT ALSO, I want to see stronger elaboration between scenarios A and B. By that I mean I want harsher consequences for the route you take or the items you take in scenario A that reflects in scenario B. I think it would be really awesome if they allowed you to take a certain amount of ammo so you can leave some for Leon or Claire -- So if you take ALL the ammo in Scenario A whoever you play as in Scenario B is pretty much screwed.

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Same treatment of REmake -- graphics, new map areas, revamped puzzles, new voice overs, etc.
BUT ALSO, I want to see stronger elaboration between scenarios A and B. By that I mean I want harsher consequences for the route you take or the items you take in scenario A that reflects in scenario B. I think it would be really awesome if they allowed you to take a certain amount of ammo so you can leave some for Leon or Claire -- So if you take ALL the ammo in Scenario A whoever you play as in Scenario B is pretty much screwed.
That would be totally awesome! The machine gun/side pack thing from the original was really cool and innovative at the time, but nowadays they could definitely do more with the feature and it could be really cool if executed well.

Dr.Slaughter

The kitty sage
I basically agree with all of the above. I also think it would be cool for Ada to have her own actual little story or whatever in RE 2 remake. I have always thought she needed to be expended upon in 2. Maybe something like you have to get an A on both Claire and Leon to get Hunk scenario then beat Hunks scenario to unlock Ada scenario or something like that. And maybe have someone other than William infected with the g virus would certainly make thing more interesting.

EsmeBush

The REMake was done perfectly so I hope they treat RE2 in the same way! Things I'd like to see
  • Preservation of the fixed camera/static backgrounds
  • Additional choices from Scenario A that affect Scenario B
  • Ada's gameplay section being extended
  • Something like the Crimson Head mechanic (maybe monsters cross breeding/evolving if they are not killed?)
  • Zombies being able to open doors (not Safe Rooms though!) so if they are not killed they can move from room to room (so you are always nervous opening doors!)
  • Limited ammunition and healing items (no reward for killing Zombies)
Also RE2 soundtrack and sound effects were great (those echoing footsteps!) so I hope they stay true to that as well.

wayne

I seriously cannot wait for this game!! Id wana see

- fixed camara angles
- alyson court as claire redfield
- use the models from darkside chronicles and just touch them up
- add the enemies from resident evil 1.5
- id love a jill cameo but since shes unconcious during resident evil 2 that wont happen but maybe have something of hers discarded in the police station
- id like a cameo from nemesis aswell leon or claire could be walking through the street and see him but obviously dont attack them
- the window nemesis crashes through in 3 make sure its broken in 2 since that happened before resident evil 2
- add new areas if they used all the models from outbreak file 2 and add new places and just touch them up
- the lab from outbreak too because thay already had new areas so that could be added in
- maybe a mercenaries mode or a multiplayer mode where it has everyone from resident evil 2 and jill from 3 and maybe the outbreak characters
- the counter attack from the remake so when you get grabbed by a zombie you stab it in the head or something

If they do it right this game will be amazing!!

wolf trail

As for the main hall music I would like them to rerecord the same old one but in higher quality audio form.

Top Bottom