• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica How can I convince a friend of mine that RE CV isnt a horrible game?

Tcbys

A friend of mine absoluty hates this game. And I dont understand it. He claims the game dident have any new game play features,Poor Controls,Horrible Story with plot holes,Issues with the continue option, No replay value,stort gameplay and bringing back wesker and horrible voice acting and game is too easy.

I really dont understand any of his issues with it?

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Believe it or not CV is one of the most hated RE games out there.

My friend's the same way, he complains of graphics yet he loves RE2?

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
I loved Code Veronica - it's front in line for my 'to re-play' Resident Evil games queue right now. Still, I can understand why it wouldn't appeal to all tastes. The voice acting in particular is pretty shocking, and that's saying something for one of the earlier Resi games.

Jwells

Horrible story ?

What has he been drinking ?

I think it has the greatest story of all RE games to date...

The only downside of this game is that it felt outdated when it came out.

VeCtOr

Umbrella Security Service operative
go medieval on his ass
nah joke xD
send him videos and comentaries to prove that the game is indeed one of the best tittles of all re history

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
Lets see: It had a very good story, was pretty lengthy, had minor added gameplay tweaks and some versions in fact did have difficulty settings, ohh and yeah it had Wesker...since when is that a minus? xD As for the controls, nothing was changed so they were the same as the previous titles but yes on one thing I agree - basically no replay value.

MissDomino

Premium
Hmm...it has Alfred!
Seriously though, they might just change their mind one day. When my brother bought it for the ps2 when it was released, he returned it the next day. I didn't even get a chance to play it. Now it's one of his fave's.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Honestly, I think Code Veronica was one of the most underrated RE games of all time. I can see how someone would dislike it, but I personally loved it!

As for your friend, I recommend a good psychiatric hospital. How can one possibly think the story was bad? I thought it was amazing. Besides, anyone who counts the revival of Wesker as a bad thing is certainly in need of some sort of help ;)

Domasio

Leon Sandwich ^_^
Well, have they even played it? Or are they going on what somebody has told them?

If they haven't played it, show them some, or link them up with some youtube videos of cutscenes or gameplay, this might show them that it's an OK game. Or just show them some Alfred, that should change anyone's mind :p

If they have played it, then you have no chance, if someone has experienced something, such as a song, movie or game, then they're going to keep that opinion, well, usually anyway :)

zombinater007

Code Veronica was a different kind of Resident Evil. It was a really good story and I liked it but the controls were the same as the other games which were good (played the HD version). Graphics were good and I really liked the challenge. One of the MOST difficult final bosses I have ever fought in a game. Makes Zeus in God of War 3 a pushover

Top Bottom