• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games that mess up the story details majorly

DeathReaper

I have been playing through the whole series again and other side stories from the RE series, and the games i tend to have issues with cause of their story mashups is the umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles, and the operation racoon city game, all of them mess with the story, the 2 shooters alter it to fit their progression, fudging up some major details, and operation racoon city is likely too far off to even remotely be considered on story, partially because you get the choice to kill claire, leon, and sherry just before the end, anyone else know any unique story mixups between the games encompassing this series as a whole? Choices are open to all games even the originals before remakes (that means RE 1 vs REmake is open too), i have also heard there is code veronica and code veronica X, so if anyone wants to confirm if thats true go ahead as well.

umbra aeterna

I have been playing through the whole series again and other side stories from the RE series, and the games i tend to have issues with cause of their story mashups is the umbrella chronicles, darkside chronicles, and the operation racoon city game, all of them mess with the story, the 2 shooters alter it to fit their progression, fudging up some major details, and operation racoon city is likely too far off to even remotely be considered on story, partially because you get the choice to kill claire, leon, and sherry just before the end, anyone else know any unique story mixups between the games encompassing this series as a whole? Choices are open to all games even the originals before remakes (that means RE 1 vs REmake is open too), i have also heard there is code veronica and code veronica X, so if anyone wants to confirm if thats true go ahead as well.

This is true.there is code veronica and code veronica x, however, i do not know major differnces as i only have code veronica x.now as for umbrella chronicles, the excuse is charcter pov' s, basically people lying and or exaggerating upon the truth.i find it lazy on capcon's part but whatever.operation raccoon city was just fun...and you are right

-I say in a few years a retcon /reboot is necessary. Just like tge wesker report is up in the air.

Maybe chris's report or a Kennedy report would do something about this idk

The Darkening Sea

Code Veronica (on the Dreamcast) made Wesker look like a pussy when he fought Alexia, so they brought out Code Veronica X (on the PS2/Gamecube) to big him up and abuse Chris and Claire in the process of the new extended story. By this time, Wesker's masculinity was well on its way. I take the latter as being canon, as do most, I think. The Darkside Chronicles is based on the original Code Veronica, which explains why Wesker doesn't come into contact with Claire, or show up at the very end to have a showdown with the Redfield's. This isn't very pro Wesker, so it isn't canon anymore than the original Code Veronica. Besides, the Chronicle games (both of them) are a quick sum up of the events, so they cut out stuff to squeeze it all in. They can not be considered canon because of this. Operation Racoon City isn't taken seriously by anyone in respect to its story. Clearly it is not canon.

umbra aeterna

By this time, Wesker's masculinity was well on its way.

LOL. This was funny

Besides, in CVX he looked adorable to thebpoibt I mentally thought of him as 'Mr.Kitty'.This never went away until RE5...though I really don't like the game.part of it was the controls though

Besides, the Chronicle games (both of them) are a quick sum up of the events, so they cut out stuff to squeeze it all in. They can not be considered canon because of this.

Yes.But operation :javier was ftw

Operation Racoon City isn't taken seriously by anyone in respect to its story. Clearly it is not canon.

Agree.I list this under boredom on their part

Mark Mane McIntyre

ORC is a What If Resident Evil 2 and 3

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Operation Raccoon City was non-canon.
Umbrella Chronicles was basically what Wesker assumed happened, and Darkside Chronicles was Leon's summary of the events of RE 2 and what Krauser thought of it, and the CV part is what Leon thought happened to Claire, so he doesn't know every little detail.

Preeve

I noticed that in the manual for Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition, the last page has a Resident Evil timeline. It claims that Resident Evil 1 took place in July, 1996... How do you even get that wrong? It correctly stated how Resident Evil 2, 3 and CV took place in 1998 but screwed up on RE1. The literal FIRST thing you see after you pick a character is "JULY 1998". The bloody first thing you see! How do you muck that up?

Mark Mane McIntyre

Operation Raccoon City was non-canon.Umbrella Chronicles was basically what Wesker assumed happened, and Darkside Chronicles was Leon's summary of the events of RE 2 and what Krauser thought of it, and the CV part is what Leon thought happened to Claire, so he doesn't know every little detail.
ORC is a non- conon what if Resident Evil 2 and 3.
The part in Umbrella chronicle's that is canon is when you see Chris and Jill face that T.A.L.O.U.S monster,
The part in Darkside chronicle's is when you see Leon and Krauser in Operation Javier

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
simply RE 4 5 6 ......as storyline from it you understand everything since your a new to the game thou....

What do you mean? RE4 doesn't really mess anything up. Umbrella's stock prices crashed, which is explained later in Umbrella Chronicles; Ada Wong is alive and working with Wesker, which is likely since she survives Leon's B Scenario in RE2; Krauser's introduced, and we get backstory for him in The Darkside Chronicles.

Even if RE4 messes things up simply by not having a story revolving around Umbrella or Wesker, RE4 was originally intended to start a new trilogy which would be an anthology of what the main protagonists of the original Resident Evil trilogy did after Raccoon City/Umbrella/Wesker, each one being self-contained. (And technically we're getting that if the timeline goes RE4 > Revelations > Revelations 2 rather than RE4 > RE5 > RE6)

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
What do you mean? RE4 doesn't really mess anything up. Umbrella's stock prices crashed, which is explained later in Umbrella Chronicles; Ada Wong is alive and working with Wesker, which is likely since she survives Leon's B Scenario in RE2; Krauser's introduced, and we get backstory for him in The Darkside Chronicles.

Even if RE4 messes things up simply by not having a story revolving around Umbrella or Wesker, RE4 was originally intended to start a new trilogy which would be an anthology of what the main protagonists of the original Resident Evil trilogy did after Raccoon City/Umbrella/Wesker, each one being self-contained. (And technically we're getting that if the timeline goes RE4 > Revelations > Revelations 2 rather than RE4 > RE5 > RE6)
no bro just you dont get it RE4 ment not to start nothing its from what i see the story carry on not always wesker and umbrella around!!! just in some action behind some dark action like ada working for wesker cat and mouse game anyhow i find RE4 starting of moveing on and yeah wesker and umbrella beeing in the shadow disspointed me a littile but they did it right

umbra aeterna

-
I think re4 was the one tnhat worked

umbra aeterna

no bro just you dont get it RE4 ment not to start nothing its from what i see the story carry on not always wesker and umbrella around!!! just in some action behind some dark action like ada working for wesker cat and mouse game anyhow i find RE4 starting of moveing on and yeah wesker and umbrella beeing in the shadow disspointed me a littile but they did it right
-

yes.re4 was perfect.

AND WITHOUT WESKER

I personally think Wesker should've always stayed a background character.

The biggest thing is 5 and 6 both had take over the world plots and I think that is what killed it for a lot of people.Plus,the scary vibe is gone.RE4 retained it ,in like a crazy cult horror movie kinda way.RE5 and 6 took the fear element away.The cult thing had that dark aura of occult that seemed to pervaid RE1,in the same way that mansion did.

Resident evil use to have villains with one,centralized goal.Then,we have this wesker stranger,tricell and excella who we never heard of.Even with code veronica,the ashfords tied into the back story somewhere,you know? and thern with 6...if simmons was so important,he should have at least been mentioned somewhere as should carla.

-okay,so sadler was a stranger too ,but there wasn't some evil pharmeceutical company trying to take over the world.his plan kinda made since really,believable,achievable and not ?????

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
-

yes.re4 was perfect.

AND WITHOUT WESKER

I personally think Wesker should've always stayed a background character.

The biggest thing is 5 and 6 both had take over the world plots and I think that is what killed it for a lot of people.Plus,the scary vibe is gone.RE4 retained it ,in like a crazy cult horror movie kinda way.RE5 and 6 took the fear element away.The cult thing had that dark aura of occult that seemed to pervaid RE1,in the same way that mansion did.

Resident evil use to have villains with one,centralized goal.Then,we have this wesker stranger,tricell and excella who we never heard of.Even with code veronica,the ashfords tied into the back story somewhere,you know? and thern with 6...if simmons was so important,he should have at least been mentioned somewhere as should carla.

-okay,so sadler was a stranger too ,but there wasn't some evil pharmeceutical company trying to take over the world.his plan kinda made since really,believable,achievable and not ?????
i agree with you and in RE4 not just umbrella and wesker want to control the world and just saying when luis die i was very disspointed i like him he have that strange fuuny and dark character

Top Bottom