• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Actors

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I really used to enjoy Johnny Depp when I was younger - little less enthused now but he used to be the end for me. (He's still a good actor I just see a pattern to his work now.) Now I'm more of a Robert Downey Jr girl. He's really amazing and I think pretty underrated since his personal struggle with drugs. I think a lot of people wrote him off during/after that which is wrong; he's still an exceptional actor. Helena Bonham Carter has always been one of my favorites as well, partnership with Tim Burton notwithstanding. (Nothing against Tim Burton it's just that, when she's appearing in all of his movies all the time, she forms a pattern, like Johnny Depp.)

Sir Ian McKellen is just exceptional in every way I can imagine. Love him in absolutely everything I've seen him in. Brendan Fraser is also a pretty exceptional and underrated actor. I think people look down on him a bit because of the comedic roles that he's done but I believe he's proven over the years that he actually has chops and can do a myriad of different roles. Tommy Lee Jones has always been a favorite of mine as well and, while in recent years most of the talk has surrounded his personal life, there was a time when John Travolta was a very versatile and interesting actor.

To be honest, it's hard to say who my favorites are, especially in today's acting world because I'm more of a classic-movie person - and it would even be pretty hard to say who my classic favorites are. This is a good place to start, though.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
First of all, I would just like to say
nun-shame.jpg

on me for not mentioning Jackie Chan as one of my favourite actors. From his fight choreography to his stunt work (both in front of and behind the camera), plus he has a great sense of humour and a wonderfully charming personality.

Secondly:
Scarlett Johansson isn't an actor...
She's an actress.
Yeah, that was just a joke that translated VERY poorly to text. Never intended to be so deadpan. Maybe if I said Sillyhead somewhere, it'd have been conveyed better.

LEON.S.KENNEDY

GAMER MERIT
First of all, I would just like to say
nun-shame.jpg

on me for not mentioning Jackie Chan as one of my favourite actors. From his fight choreography to his stunt work (both in front of and behind the camera), plus he has a great sense of humour and a wonderfully charming personality.

Secondly:

Yeah, that was just a joke that translated VERY poorly to text. Never intended to be so deadpan. Maybe if I said Sillyhead somewhere, it'd have been conveyed better.
hhhhh no it was funny bro

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, I am a huge fan of both live action AND Voice Actors, so I'll end up having two different lists!

Actors
5. Bruce Campbell
4. Will Smith
3. Harrison Ford
2. Jackie Chan
1. Brendan Fraser

Voice Actors
5. Coleen Clinkenbeard
4. Kyle Hebert
3. Matthew Mercer
2. Sean Schemmel
1. Vic Mignogna

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
I don't think I have a favourite actor - I think the further and further I distance myself from pop culture, the more I can't differentiate between good and bad actors... well, apart from those that are really bad.

The only person who has really ever blown me away is Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds. He gave me chills.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
For some of the actors I'll mention where I know the from.

Clint Eastwood
Gillian Anderson (Bleak House, The X-Files)
Harrison Ford
Humphrey Bogart
Lucy Lawless, Hudson Leick and Renee O'Connor for their acting in the Xena series. They're all brilliant.
Jack Nicholson

Larry Hagman (Dallas)
Sir Sean Connery (The Hunt for Red October, Bond)
Dennis Hopper
Kevin Costner (Wyatt Earp, Dances with Wolves, Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves)

Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alyson Hannigan for their acting in the Buffy series. Perhaps not as great as the other names on the list, but still awesome.

I have of course forgot some.

Top Bottom