• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Operation Raccoon City Do you guys think that a sequel could be made?

zombinater007

I mean it didnt sell well but could you kindof see how they can continue based on the good ending for the game?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I dont know, ORC was one of the least liked games in the franchise, plus ORC was a spin off "What if" kind of game, I dont see any kind of sequel for that.

Unless it's a "What if RE5 never existed" then I'm all for it :)

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I believe they were gonna make a sequel if it was liked by the fans but seeing how it is now its a pretty sure bet it aint gonna happen. The other possibility is that by the ending of the Echo Six campaign they simply meant to show that they died.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I dont know, ORC was one of the least liked games in the franchise, plus ORC was a spin off "What if" kind of game, I dont see any kind of sequel for that.

All with you for that one. Wesker! Why'd you die!?

Flipqy42

Nevermore

I wish they would have made RE5 how it would have been. Too bad people thought it was racist to kill infected Africans in Africa as a white person. I mean, Leon was able to kill infected Spanish people, with no accusations of racism. People are too sensitive these days.

ADAxWONG

On A Mission...
MAYBE!!! Highly doubtful. Though it would be cool to see all characters like ORC you know. Including Chris, Wesker, ect.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
We all have to admit Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City was not the game we were expecting it to be, i mean it looked promising at first but then when we played it, **** period.
Although it was a bad game you have to admit it was "fun" a lot of fun "playing with friends" and this is where I'm trying to go with this.
"What If" if they made an open-world Resident Evil sandbox game.
An interesting concept for Resident Evil, not exactly good but a great idea.
I don't see anything bad with a sequel but, it doesn't have to be one. You see I believe they can get something started with an open-world Resident Evil that could take place in Raccoon City, or somewhere else for example "China". They can actually go somewhere with this. I mean they never tried it but, if you think about it, like really think about it it seems really really promising IMHO.
Think about it people.
But either way I wouldn't mind a sequel but ONLY if they do a MAJOR but i mean MAJOR ****ing improvement.
That's an IF though ^0^

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Seeing how Raccoon City sales went beyond expectations and is still selling to this day I could see a possible sequel. Its a fun non cannon series that could introduce even more characters next time.

zombinater007

so what you are saying Jay is like what they did with Outbreak File 2? even though that game is basically the same as the first since its the content that they couldnt fit into the first one?

Jay

K.I.N.G.
so what you are saying Jay is like what they did with Outbreak File 2? even though that game is basically the same as the first since its the content that they couldnt fit into the first one?
I would like to think Capcom will make a Outbreak File 3 one day which will play like the first two. While a Raccoon City sequel will keep the squad co-op based style.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I would like to think Capcom will make a Outbreak File 3 one day which will play like the first two. While a Raccoon City sequel will keep the squad co-op based style.
Ohh Outbreak... surely would be quite nice if they did. It had that feel of helplesness to it even though u had other people with you, ORC is like the total opposite.

Spike991

The Master Of Unlocking
I mean it didnt sell well but could you kindof see how they can continue based on the good ending for the game?
It didn't sell well? I can understand that.

I didn't like it for many reason, but I would like to see a sequel where they do it right. Hell, if it played like RE6 then it would've been wayyy more enjoyable for me. Instead you get a default control scheme that cannot be changed, in addition to ridiculous stuff like the wolfpack characters. Didn't really care for most of them. And something more like Outbreak would've been nice too. ORC seemed like it was basically going to be an Outbreak sequel in many ways, that'd been better than what we actually got.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I doubt there'll be a sequel seeing as it recieved mostly poor reviews, and didn't sell as well as most canon RE games. Although it would be nice to see a sequel that improves on the squad-based formula. Oh well. I guess since Slant Six screwed up their one chance at surprising everyone with something amazing, it's unlikely that we'll see a sequel.

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
I doubt there'll be a sequel seeing as it recieved mostly poor reviews, and didn't sell as well as most canon RE games. Although it would be nice to see a sequel that improves on the squad-based formula. Oh well. I guess since Slant Six screwed up their one chance at surprising everyone with something amazing, it's unlikely that we'll see a sequel.
Why not reboot it again, BUT have it open world? You like the idea already eh...

AtilaLopez

Nut3lla ^0^
Hmm.... open world you say?
Yes sir.
It would be an interesting take on the series, never done before, but has great potential.
Tell me if you like this...
So in this open world Resident Evil game you start off in the day right? Fighting hoards of zombies in a city heavy chaotic action everywhere, explosions, explosions, explosions, well you get the idea but then it gets better... As time passes by.... it turns to night... and this my friend is the best part, at night zombies don't attack in packs like in the day time instead they separate and adapt to the night and the whole experience turns to horror, zombies popping out of everywhere like for example you go into a building because at night being in the streets is more dangerous so your in a building because it's safer and then they make it like really f****** scary. Creepy noises, objects being broken, loud noises, and then zombies coming out if fridges, zombies popping out of closets, doors when you open them i can go on forever...
I love this idea so much :D but... do you??? o_O

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Yes sir.
It would be an interesting take on the series, never done before, but has great potential.
Tell me if you like this...
So in this open world Resident Evil game you start off in the day right? Fighting hoards of zombies in a city heavy chaotic action everywhere, explosions, explosions, explosions, well you get the idea but then it gets better... As time passes by.... it turns to night... and this my friend is the best part, at night zombies don't attack in packs like in the day time instead they separate and adapt to the night and the whole experience turns to horror, zombies popping out of everywhere like for example you go into a building because at night being in the streets is more dangerous so your in a building because it's safer and then they make it like really f****** scary. Creepy noises, objects being broken, loud noises, and then zombies coming out if fridges, zombies popping out of closets, doors when you open them i can go on forever...
I love this idea so much :D but... do you??? :confused:

That actually sounds like it could be awesome! Action by day, horror by night XD
I like it!

Top Bottom