• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Did anyone else feel...

tothegrave88

Like Leon's campaign was really the only campaign in the game? Yeah, The credits didn't roll till the end of Chris's campaign but I felt like all of the other campaigns were just there to squeeze out hours. Take for instance Jakes insanely short campaign as well as Ada's. They both just retread what we already knew happened (not to mention the game considers itself completed after Chris' s campaign). I liked RE6 but I felt they should have put all the effort of four separate 'campaigns' into one, being Leon's, cause I feel they really half assed the other three.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
What do you mean, "the game considers itself completed after Chris's campaign"? I get credtis after every campaign, including Leon's. And it's always a matter of perspective; if you start with any of the other campaigns and play Leon's last, maybe that one will seem to you like it's repeating everything. I agree that Ada's was almost ridiculously short and Shake's wasn't much longer either, but I'm still glad we have them because I enjoyed them a lot more than Nivanfield and Heleona, even though the latter is obviously the one Capcom put the most effort into.

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I kind of felt the opposite. It might be because I never really cared for Leon that much, but mainly because to me it felt more like the 'Helena' campaign and she was the only main character from RE6 that I didn't really like. I enjoyed the Jake and Sherry campaign the most because I thought the Ustanak stuff was good and I liked the chemistry between them... same for Chris and Piers. Ada's was more of a side campaign but I still liked it.

I don't think you already know what happens in one campaign when you have completed another. They have different stories and they only cross paths at certain points, you might know the basics about what the other teams are doing but you won't know the full story until you play their campaign.

tothegrave88

See I meant get credits after Chris and Leon's campaigns (or maybe I hit a button that skipped them, I don't know.) And I mean at the end of the day we know how it all turns out at the end of the day even if we don't know how we got there but I just felt like Leon and Chris were the only two campaigns that the game really felt completely fleshed out for.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Idk. I enjoyed them all for DIFFERENT reasons...

- Leon - Because...Well...Leon is a badass..
- Chris - Because it's nice to see Chris out of his typical pretentious douchebag military b*tch role
- Jake - Because the dialogue is arguably the best in the game...
- Ada's - Well...There isn't a lot of good I can say about here...At least it was a solo campaign...

TJay

Premium
No, I don't feel like that at all. I felt like as I made my way through the campaigns, the more I learned about the story & the characters. Different perceptions of the same events, isn't really a bad thing to me - nor was it a new concept for Resident Evil.

With that said, it did feel like they were trying to recapture the "magic" of RE0 to RE3 all in one game, which was perhaps a little ambitious.

Kleine Welt

Resident Evil 5 Enthusiast
The best campaign was Leon's only because I wasn't getting shot by zombies and the beginning was amazing. I'm still glad they put the other campaigns in, but if they would've just focused on Leon's and kept his campaign like the beginning, I would've appreciated that more than including the other campaigns.

WeskerWanter

Hard Dog
I enjoyed all of the campaigns and felt they added to each other well, although I agree Leon's campaign felt more like Helena's campaign and I couldn't really get into her. I know there's a lot of hate for Jake, but I like him, and I really thought the interactions between him and Sherry were well done (I also appreciated that he was happy to point it out when his partner stated something obvious, like the exchange about the chainsaw). Finding all the emblems in each campaign really fleshed the entire story out as well, and overall I think it's a very cohesive and fun game.

Top Bottom