• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dark Souls 3

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Who else is experiencing this masterpiece of a HARD game?

I've been playing nonstop since it launched and I'm thoroughly impressed.

This is the best Dark Souls they've made.

This is one of those rare all-time-great games.

:dead:​

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Umbasa! Actually Spikey and I done some co-op yesterday. A lot of people are saying it's easiest souls game yet but those people are lying. I kinda feel bad for the noobs cause they are gonna get their asses kicked hard xD It's crazy that the regular mobs are tougher than the bosses, at least early game anyway.

But yea it's great to see so much stuff returning from DS1.

Maybe when we've all beat the game we can set up some fight clubs. Loved those in DS2.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Ya know I've been thinking of getting Dark Souls 2 since a few friends play it all the time and have been telling me I need to try it- just not sure how much I'll play any of these games since I left Fallout 4 in the dust.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Lmao gotta love those kinda messages. I left some funny ones like that for the ratings.

They were something like "giant but hole ahead" and stuff about praising a door and soup :)

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
tl;dr What builds are you guys trying out?
I'm down to PvP with anyone on Xbox Live

These games seem to be best played when they're new and people haven't created metas or "established" what the top tier equipment is. There are so many different characters out there. When I interact with other players, I never know what I'll find but I've noticed pure mages are very scarce here.

In the past I always ran tanky strength builds so I thought I'd beat a DS game without being able to stagger things to win. Dex + pyromancy has been great fun. Beat the final boss not 20 minutes ago and holy cow was it an epic fight. The Uchigatana carried me all the way through. I've noticed a lot of people using it. All the DS1 nostalgists, I'd imagine.

Ya know I've been thinking of getting Dark Souls 2 since a few friends play it all the time and have been telling me I need to try it- just not sure how much I'll play any of these games since I left Fallout 4 in the dust.
If you are a patient learner, I highly recommend the series. I tried it for the first time a year ago. I saw this video and was intrigued. At first it seemed pointless and hard but the progression, sense of challenge, accomplishment, and amazing design uniquely sucked me in. I really can't understate how addicting progress is for this series. It became one of my absolute favorites and there are 3 games of great content to go through for a new player.

Bethesda only grabs me in such a way with an Elder Scrolls game and besides that no game does.

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Ah you're on Xbox. I'm PS4 lol.

On my first playthrough I generally don't try a specific type of build. My character is more of an all rounder so I can try out different things. But I do prefer melee over magic so usually I'll focus more on str/dex and ofc end always helps too. Greatsword, straightswords & katanas are what I'm most comfortable with.

Speaking of the Uchi, every Souls games has that one weapon that can get you through the majority of the game or at least the 1st half. DeS had that spear (can't think of what it's called), DkS1 had the Drake Sword & DkS2 had the Fire Longsword. But I'm using the Irithyll Straight Sword atm in 3.

meg5493

http://deaconsofthedeep.tumblr.com/post/142999264062/i-wonder-if-i-can-parry-the-jump-attack

People are doing so many funny things in DS3 im in love

tumblr_o5x3q6XEzD1qcwubyo1_1280.jpg

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Wow I'm late to this thread.

I'm really enjoying the game, currently on playthrough 2 and trying to platinum the game, I'm taking the second playthrough however, to mess around a bit.
Me and @blivvy have been dueling streams of invaders around the place thanks to the handy dried finger :p

I like the gsme but honestly I think dark souls 2 is still my favourite. Spells seemed more viable in that and I feel like they are trying to make souls as fast paced as bloodborne, not like there's anything wrong with it since I enjoyed it too, I just think it puts more of a hinderance for slow heavy builds.
Going to get thr season pass soon and look forward to future dlc.

I'm SL166, I think I had better stop levelling though...

Last thing to mention
F*** the nameless king.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I've taken a break from the game atm (it's all naughty dog's fault). But I've gone through the majority of the game with my sorcerer and I find magic to be decent but I did expect the likes of soul spear to do more damage :/

@Spikeyroxas this theme shall haunt you forever xD

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I've taken a break from the game atm (it's all naughty dog's fault). But I've gone through the majority of the game with my sorcerer and I find magic to be decent but I did expect the likes of soul spear to do more damage :/

@Spikeyroxas this theme shall haunt you forever xD
i cant stop hearing that boss soundtrack. i can play it fluently with instruments now probably

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Picked up a PC copy if anyone wants to fight club or mess around.
You getting it, @Steve Powell ?

Thinking I'll try a quality/luck build this time around. :)

Last edited:

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
So we get to go back to the Painted World of Ariamis. That should get the nostalgia going for a lot of fans.

Painted World -> Trailer

Painted World Entrance -> Trailer

I'm hoping. Hoping. That they include more Anor Londo exploration with this. It always felt like you never fully explored it even in the first game. In DS3, you barely pass through.

If there was a game that entirely took place there, I would geek.

Last edited:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Ah yes, Priscilla...

I remember stabbing her with my blade. If you know what I mean xD

But yea painted world was cool. Creepy and challenging.

It's nice to see some new spells too. I'll prob play the dlc with my mage first.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Ah yes, Priscilla...

I remember stabbing her with my blade. If you know what I mean xD

But yea painted world was cool. Creepy and challenging.

It's nice to see some new spells too. I'll prob play the dlc with my mage first.
im hoping the new miracle actually deals some decent damage. The lightning attacks were really bad, sunlight spear wasnt even a covenant miracle and it shows

Top Bottom