• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CV vs RE2 vs RE1/REmake.

Which is the best game?

• Total voters

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
First time poster, long time RE fan. IMO CV RE2 and RE 1 are the best in the series so I want your opinion on which is the best overall. I personally like Code Veronica the best because I really can't stand Jill and Leon.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
First time poster, long time RE fan. IMO CV RE2 and RE 1 are the best in the series so I want your opinion on which is the best overall. I personally like Code Veronica the best because I really can't stand Jill and Leon.
But Jill and Leon are amazing! Why don't you like them?
Anyway, I pick CV. I find it the best in the series as far as story, graphics, and it has my favorite video game soundtrack ever. Plus Claire is my favorite character.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I can't stand Jill and Leon either whereas Claire is my favourite hero and the Ashfords are my favourite villains, but still, I prefer RE1/REmake and RE2 over CV. The latter had the best story and an amazing soundtrack, among other things, but the game itself was too difficult and full of backtracking for my taste, plus the constant grey fog annoyed me, so I barely enjoyed it. My least favourite in the series, besides RE4.

As for the other two, I can't really decide which I like best because they're both so great, and as for the character problem, I mostly just play as the character I prefer anyway (Chris in 1, Claire in 2). Not that it's a real problem, though, since I also enjoy 3 despite Jill being the only playable character in story mode. In the end, it's the fun that counts.

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
I don't mind Leon in RE4/6 but I hate his voice in 2. I can't put my finger on why Jill rubs me the wrong way. I'm starting a new playthrough of REmake today so maybe my opinion shall change.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
REmake is the reigning king for me. RE2 is amazing (Actually doing a second play through right now), and CODE: Veronica isn't bad, but REmake did every single thing right. Graphics. Soundtrack. Voice Acting. Keeping the canon the same, while adding new elements that made it fresh. Lisa Trevor. All of that together makes for the greatest RE game ever...

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
REmake is the reigning king for me. RE2 is amazing (Actually doing a second play through right now), and CODE: Veronica isn't bad, but REmake did every single thing right. Graphics. Soundtrack. Voice Acting. Keeping the canon the same, while adding new elements that made it fresh. Lisa Trevor. All of that together makes for the greatest RE game ever...
Lisa Trevor is one of the few things that actually terrify me in the entire series. Her back story is so disturbing, it makes me cringe to even think about it.

Top Bottom