• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 confused with story....

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
Can any good man or woman tell me what is happening throughout the story of rev2 ?

More particularly is Natalia dead?
Is Alex dead?
Moira is going to survive obviously , but how?
I finished the main campaign, but it didn't seem to answer these questions.

(Is there good/bad ending system?)

Maybe i saw the bad ending?
If so how should i get the good ending?

Is it necessary to play 'the struggle'?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The Struggle will go a long way to explain what happens to Moira.

There is a good ending and a bad ending. To get the good ending, when Claire is trapped underneath Mutant Neil at the end of Episode 3, you need to swap characters to Moira when prompted and move towards the gun and shoot Neil with her. You get the bad ending if you shoot Neil with Claire.

Alex is trying to transfer herself into Natalia's body so that she is essentially immortal.

If you get the good ending and play The Struggle a lot of your questions should be answered. I'm trying not to spoil things too much so if you do this stuff and still have questions feel free to ask again. :)

wolf trail

The Struggle will go a long way to explain what happens to Moira.

There is a good ending and a bad ending. To get the good ending, when Claire is trapped underneath Mutant Neil at the end of Episode 3, you need to swap characters to Moira when prompted and move towards the gun and shoot Neil with her. You get the bad ending if you shoot Neil with Claire.

Alex is trying to transfer herself into Natalia's body so that she is essentially immortal.

If you get the good ending and play The Struggle a lot of your questions should be answered. I'm trying not to spoil things too much so if you do this stuff and still have questions feel free to ask again. :)
Thanks a lot Jen,
But i get an error when i play episode 3 (just after the factory explodes).
So i never had the chance to choose which of the two characters should shoot neil,
And i skipped to episode 4...
I think that's why i didn't understand much.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Really? That's odd... Does that happen everytime? If it does then the only thing I can suggest is looking for the good ending on YouTube. If you can try it again and it works though then that would be best. But definitely play The Struggle if you can. :)

wolf trail

Yes that happens every time :(......
But i am playing the struggle right now :) .
But even if i complete the struggle I think i have to watch the good ending to know what happened to Natalia....
BTW do you recommend ( little miss )?

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
You'll still need to watch the good ending to answer all of your questions and get all of the story.

Little Miss doesn't take long to get through, it's not terribly difficult. It's just a little bit of an explanation as to how Natalia ended up on the beach where she met Barry. It doesn't take long so you may as well play it. :)

wolf trail

You'll still need to watch the good ending to answer all of your questions and get all of the story.

Little Miss doesn't take long to get through, it's not terribly difficult. It's just a little bit of an explanation as to how Natalia ended up on the beach where she met Barry. It doesn't take long so you may as well play it. :)
so i will play that one too once i finish the struggle!
Thank you Jen :)

Reactions: Jen

wolf trail

ahhhhh now thats a little better.....
just finished the two DLCs and wached the good ending on youtube!
Could not believe moira was dead, and i was right .....
moira is a ****ing burton!

Reactions: Jen

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Looks like Jens filled you in but here's a timeline of events for you:

Contains spoilers

Terra save party
Claire chapter 1
Claire chapter 2
Claire chapter 3
Good ending criteria
Claire chapter 4
(8 weeks later)
The struggle (except for the last cutscene)
(6months after claire chapter 1)
Little miss
Barry chapter 1
Barry chapter 2
Barry chapter 3
Barry chapter 4
Good ending / thr struggle final cutscene
Extended ending
Epilogue

Characters who survive:

Barry
Moira
Claire
Natalia (with Alex as a split personality)

With regards to your chapter 3 problem. Do you have the digital version of thr game? Maybe you should try redownloading and installing it if you have.

I recommend playing the struggle but the gameplay mechanic is a bit tougher than the main campaign as it doesn't keep save data and you need to work on getting rations to use as continues (a little like requiring ink ribbons to save in the older games)

Honestly, little miss isn't worth buying by itself as the gameplay mechanic is dramatically different than any of the other game modes (stealth mission) and doesn't really add much story other than what you already know from playing barrys campaign (assuming you play this last)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
So... if you skip the third chapter, the game automatically assumes that you have failed, and gives you the bad ending. Interesting.

wolf trail

Looks like Jens filled you in but here's a timeline of events for you:

Contains spoilers

Terra save party
Claire chapter 1
Claire chapter 2
Claire chapter 3
Good ending criteria
Claire chapter 4
(8 weeks later)
The struggle (except for the last cutscene)
(6months after claire chapter 1)
Little miss
Barry chapter 1
Barry chapter 2
Barry chapter 3
Barry chapter 4
Good ending / thr struggle final cutscene
Extended ending
Epilogue

Characters who survive:

Barry
Moira
Claire
Natalia (with Alex as a split personality)

With regards to your chapter 3 problem. Do you have the digital version of thr game? Maybe you should try redownloading and installing it if you have.

I recommend playing the struggle but the gameplay mechanic is a bit tougher than the main campaign as it doesn't keep save data and you need to work on getting rations to use as continues (a little like requiring ink ribbons to save in the older games)

Honestly, little miss isn't worth buying by itself as the gameplay mechanic is dramatically different than any of the other game modes (stealth mission) and doesn't really add much story other than what you already know from playing barrys campaign (assuming you play this last)
Thanks for the reply.
and yes now i know what i needed to know and i own the disc so there is no redownloading... :(
I have managed to download a save file to pass me to episode 4 and still get the good ending. ; )
i really liked the struggle....
but i agree with you that little miss is not as good the rest of the game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Hello :p

I don't want to sound full of myself but I have read tons of developer interviews on the game and have done tons of research myself. I even have my own write up on potential Resident Evil 7 plots. Any how that isn't important but this is my first post so hey! Why the hell not! However it is true that A LOT of fans and new gamers are very confused by the story and it requires quite a bit of knowledge of the series to understand to its fullest. I hope I can be of help :)

Anyways as for the "Little Miss" bonus episode. It is absolutely essential and explains a lot. It shows how Alex is trying to break Natalia's mind in order to assimilate full control over her body by breaking her will. That is why she is impersonating a reflection of Natalia and trying to be a "friend" as she helps her find Lottie. She is also impersonating and manipulating Lottie by trying to force Natalia to believe Lottie think she left him and now he's suicidal. This is the first round of "tug of war" between Natalia and Alex. Natalia wins this one and ends up finding Barry. Alex does temporarily get control a few times in the game, for example the end of chapter one. She doesn't get full control until the end. Long story short the "Little Miss" episode takes place in Natalia's head and is simply a tug of war match between Natalia and Alex. So I would say it is incredibly important.

The desperate struggle episode is passible but it does fill in some blanks regarding Moira. The gameplay of it is decent but the story was lacking and was pale in comparison to the Little Miss episode.

So here is some answers to some of your other questions:

Q: More particularly is Natalia dead?
A: Sort answer NO! Long answer is it's complicated. In the bad ending Natalia IS DEAD! She dies when Alex's monster form crushes her in her bare hands like she claimed she would. Alex became whole again at this point. There can only be one Alex, hence why she killed herself and claimed she would surpass Albert. The good CANNON ending is a whole different ball park. Natalia is ALIVE but she is a "bird" who is trapped by a "cage" (Alex) and Alex had won the tug of war. In on interview they said that there was something that triggered Alex to dominate Natalia. However that will be revealed at a later date. The claim fans make of the "Tall Oaks" event being the cause is incorrect. Alex had to get the Kafka book and bio-terrorism stuff somehow. This was to show that Alex was back and everything went exactly as she has planned.

Q: Is Alex dead?
A: Short answer NO! It was always Alex's intention to achieve immortality. We knew about this from RE5, we also learned in Rev 2 that she claimed "The body will age, this is an inescapable fact". So she learned to transfer her consciousness over and did so with Natalia (out of multiple possible candidates). There is some debates on this matter such as if it's just a "copy" or if it was the real deal and she must become "whole". I won't go into this right now but according to one interview it seems that it's her , but another sources says it's a copy. So we will reserve judgement until her next appearance. Logically it's Alex needing to be whole again and living on as that was kind of the whole point of her experiment lol.... Rather it is a copy or a "split transfer" if you will. It's still Alex and Alex is Alex and therefore Alex is ALIVE no matter which way you look at it. Alex's story is just coming to fruition now and this may have been a prologue to the story Capcom intends to tell with Alex Wesker.

I also want to point out that Alex is the brightest and the best of the Wesker children from "Project Wesker". It has also been hinted at many times that she will become a GOD! Unlike Albert Wesker there is an unprecedented amount of foreshadowing regarding Alex achieving these goals and she may also be the one to crack the secrets of the progenitor virus. That was her original task but she needed an alternative given her sickness. That sickness was not just killing her but it also hindered her from using any of her powers. It is confirmed some how, yet illogically that Alex's powers from the prototype virus (Project W.) transferred over with her into Natalia. The bad ending shows us but just a glimpse of those powers. Damn she tore her former self up real good. In the end the Alex's original vessel was destroyed as intended and only the new vessel survives.

As for the rest it looks like Jen answered your other questions well. I think the bad ending was created to show people without a doubt that Alex won control over Natalia in the end. For some the good ending did not explain this very well and a lot of people were confused by it :p In the bad ending we can also assume that Barry died with his guilt, failure as a father, and sorrow. I don't think he was getting off that island at all and Alex left him there to die with his regrets because she knew that Barry was no longer a threat and could do nothing about it. If he tried she'd make quick work of him. It's kind of like the end of a Saw film where there is a major plot twist/revelation and the perpetrator leaves the victim locked in a room to die. In the good ending everyone lives and Natalia has a fighting chance to fight Wesker. Actually she's the only one who could deal a fatal blow to Alex. Alex is now fully conscious based and this allows for so much. She will likely try to transfer into Sherry (for obvious reasons) or someone else. She could possibly upload herself into technology as well. Alex has unlocked various possibilities and well on her way to godhood and transcendence. This is of course in theory ;) So Natalia needs to break free and keep Alex down. Natalia is rather angelic and is full of love and compassion. This is Natalia's STRONGEST weapon to stop Alex, someone who values fear and despair.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Nice detailed long post, welcome to the forums.
I liked the story behind little miss with the plot points and attempted control and take over but I still feel like there's nothing you can learn from it that you didn't already know from playing barrys campaign if you bought the dlc for more story and gameplay.
But you're right in either case.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Thank you :) As Natalia would say "Nice to meet you"!

I don't know I think that the Little Miss storyline certainty taught as a lot. For example we had no idea on the ways Alex would try to break Natalia within her. We saw this first handed in that episode, we also saw how far Alex would go to manipulate people. This was very clear in the main story as well but wow. Alex really knows how to break people and she knows exactly how the mind works. This may have been stated in the RE5 files but seeing this in action is something else. Also those letters from Lottie (really written by Alex) are ****ed up beyond belief. Poor little girl :'(

It is possible that the Little Miss episode is but a tiny glimpse of where the future of the series may go. Personally I feel that the episode was awesome and certainly was very revealing on a number of matters. The tug of war between Natalia and Alex is going to be forever fierce and right now Alex has Natalia pulled into a pit. A void of darkness that is clinging to keep Natalia there and Alex is not afraid to put her foot down or choke Natalia to keep her drowning in the dark void.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yes I agree,
Alex doesn't come across as very evil when she speaks to you or when you meet her.
The real story is behind the scenes and how sadistic and clever she actually is.
I would have liked it if they made alternate versions of thr cutscenes.

Remember in dsrkside chronically where you see the cutscenes from krausers POV and he expresses his inner thoughts on them.

Imagine seeing cutscenes from Natalias pov and see dark Natalia harassing her.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Personally I think Alex Wesker is by far the most evil character in the series. I thought Carla was ****ed up but this is a whole different ball park. Reading some of those files is quite sickening. What she did to the island and ordered people to be ripped apart and be sewn onto other people. Some real human centipede **** there. She even got the whole island to view her as a messiah and a savior. She gave them jobs, fixed their economy, gave them a higher standard of living, and most of all gained their trust. She manipulated them and got them to willingly come to her as she killed them all in doves "She is buried underneath the mountains of despair with the rest of them." She can literally be compared to Hitler with some of the stuff she does. She also seems to love it and embraces the suffering of others, like a vampire who feeds of the fear and pain of other people. She comes off as very evil when she talks to you in my opinion,. She's taunting the hell out of everyone and manipulating them at the sway of her hand the sound of her voice. If Morgan Freeman wanted to rule the world, he'd only need his voice! LOL

I think Alex Wesker is going to end up being the series best villain. Possibly even the "end game" villain. I think we will be seeing her for a long time to come. Maybe not in every game but she will be there. Her potential is unparalleled and seriously... she has the power to literally cause havoc everywhere at once. Just imagine what would happen if she decides to go all Ultron and upload her consciousness into satellites and remotely cause chaos and release B.O.W's on a global scale with out any traces. Barry and Natalia are the only main protagonists that we can confirm to know the overseers true identity. She's got the element of surprised and I've got a feeling that she's been pulling some strings from the very beginning and we don't even know half of it. Her sick and twisted desires make Albert look like he just opened an "adopt a puppy for a child" foundation. ^.^ Also unlike Albert..... Alex doesn't **** around and gets **** done. She doesn't seem like the type that's going to "play" with Chris and try to prove she's got a bigger dick than him until Chris figures out her weakness. No she will view him in a scientific matter. She will see him as a variable of X that doesn't equal to her goal of variable Y and simply reduce the sum of X to zero. In other words he's dead unless taunting him serves a purpose. I'm sure she'll make him suffer for the death of his brother, but I get the funny feeling she's going to kill off one of the major protagonist for the shock factor and I hate to say but Chris or Claire are the most likely candidates at this point.

Honestly right now Natalia is the best hope of pinning her down, Sherry will be a target thanks to the G-virus adapting to her body and the fact she will live to 300-400 years old will only further Alex's goals. Hurting Sherry may make Jake seriously ****ed off and rage on her. Capcom very well may be focusing on the younger cast of heroes. This is probably why they put Alex's consciousness into a younger body. Like I said, everything is going as planned. Moira will definitely go out of her way to save her younger adopted sister who she seems to love very much.

Personally I think RE7 will have Natalia as the main protagonist and it's not going to be fun for her, Alex will have a hell of a laugh though. You seen the way that bitch laughs when someone is suffering or in a state of fear. Or when she's talking about killing" Natalia? Going full circle she's evil as ****. No other character takes that much pride in peoples fear, pain, and suffering. She's in the front row with her popcorn and laughing as if she's watching Tropic Thunder, Ted 2, or The Hangover II.

I'll leave this with a Kafka quote, because we all know Alex loves her some Kafka! :p
"The diabolical sometimes adopts the appearance of good,
or even embodies itself completely therein."

Top Bottom