• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom WTF is wrong with you ?

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
SO streetfighter 5 is a complete mess!!!, deep down never saw the light of day again , so many series youve left in the dust to die !!!, Resident evil 7 is complete ripp off of fear and P.T/OUTLAST but not as good !!!, Resident evil umbrella corps is god awful mess with terrible scores across the board everywhere !! ..... Thank god they are releasing remasters of their good games otherwise theyd be closing their doors! I used to think they were the greatest game company around now its like seeing your hero has become a junkie or bum !!!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
RE7 was in production before P.T even came out. I don't really get F.E.A.R or Outlast vibes from it either, but maybe that's just me. Just because it's a modern first-person horror game doesn't mean it's ripping anybody off. Maybe partially inspired by them, but not a rip-off.

Last edited:

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
RE7 was in production before P.T even came out. I don't really get F.E.A.R or Outlast vibes from it either, but maybe that's just me. Just because it's a modern first-person horror game doesn't mean it's ripping anybody off. Maybe partially inspired by them, but not a rip-off.
how do you not get fear and outlast from this im guessing you never played them?? you gotta be kidding me youd defend this !!! i hope to god the final game is nothing like the demo!

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
how do you not get fear and outlast from this im guessing you never played them?? you gotta be kidding me youd defend this !!! i hope to god the final game is nothing like the demo!

F.E.A.R and Outlast were more open than the 7 teaser. They weren't as lonely in my opinion. Even with Andre and Pete in the 7 teaser it felt a lot more creepy and confined. It could be just me feeling that way, though.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
They have been working on RE7 since before RE6 was even released, and something tells me that they completely scrapped their original concepts for RE7 after RE6's poor reception. We are definitely looking at something completely different from what they were probably originally planning, based off of the endings in RE6. So taking inspiration from a game demo like P.T. or even Alien Isolation (which is a friggin scary game!) is definitely still likely.

That's not a bad thing, though, and I am excited to see the more horror direction the next installment will have. I do like that they seem to be designing this game so that what you do dictates what type of ending you receive.

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi

I agree 100% with Maddy on this one. It seems we've been thinking the same thoughts and spouting the same words ^.^

As for the gaming giving a F.E.A.R. vibe.... you do realize that the lead writer for the game is the same person that wrote one of the F.E.A.R. games.... Right?

confirmation https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/17/resident-evil-7-written-by-a-westerner-a-first-for-the-series/

Richard Pearsey's portfolio http://richardpearsey.squarespace.com/

meg5493

RE7 is actually a step in the right direction, along with them remaking RE2 Capcoms doing fine in my book.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I agree 100% with Maddy on this one. It seems we've been thinking the same thoughts and spouting the same words ^.^

As for the gaming giving a F.E.A.R. vibe.... you do realize that the lead writer for the game is the same person that wrote one of the F.E.A.R. games.... Right?

confirmation https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/17/resident-evil-7-written-by-a-westerner-a-first-for-the-series/

Richard Pearsey's portfolio http://richardpearsey.squarespace.com/

I honestly don't get a F.E.A.R vibe from the 7 teaser. Maybe I'm just crazy. :p

I feel like Capcom might be trying to kind of recreate and put together the beta games, mostly the original RE1 and 3.5. I wouldn't be surprised if they recreated Gelzer or Dewey or something. It would make sense since they said there would "basically" be no characters we've already seen. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, though.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I honestly don't get a F.E.A.R vibe from the 7 teaser. Maybe I'm just crazy. :p

You're not crazy. The whole vibe is because a lot of people feel that the Ghost Girl, whoever she may be. Is a lot like Alma from F.E.A.R. The comparison stops there and it's a dumb one imho. I don't really see it myself.

fear3alma.jpg

Cheer

Kamen Rider
SO streetfighter 5 is a complete mess!!!, deep down never saw the light of day again , so many series youve left in the dust to die !!!, Resident evil 7 is complete ripp off of fear and P.T/OUTLAST but not as good !!!, Resident evil umbrella corps is god awful mess with terrible scores across the board everywhere !! ..... Thank god they are releasing remasters of their good games otherwise theyd be closing their doors! I used to think they were the greatest game company around now its like seeing your hero has become a junkie or bum !!!

Silent Hill and Resident Evil are a complete ripoff of Alone In The Dark. FEAR is a complete ripoff of Doom, Prey and some other game which name i can't pronounce. and while we're at it why not talk about how we humans are ripoff of someone or something. and that someone or something is a ripoff of someone or something else. So in other words we are a ripoff of a ripoff of a ripoff. That would make a great south park episode. haha

IntoxNitram

I don't think its a ripoff at all, it maybe takes inspiration yes... but I also don't think the demo is something we can draw conclusions on, especially knowing that it is missing a lot of features that are confirmed to be in the final game (herbs, combat, inventory management), so I think its well too early to pass judgement. Either way, I still like the look of it.

As for Umbrella Corps, the fact its a spin-off meant I was fine with it from the word go. I am actually really enjoying it so far, haven't played too much and it definitely isn't a great game, but for a budget release (reflected in the small cost) it is a pretty good game to sink some time into. The maps are the best part, they are nostalgic and I enjoy seeing new versions of old maps.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I don't think its a ripoff at all, it maybe takes inspiration yes... but I also don't think the demo is something we can draw conclusions on, especially knowing that it is missing a lot of features that are confirmed to be in the final game (herbs, combat, inventory management), so I think its well too early to pass judgement. Either way, I still like the look of it.

I agree and it looks like people have forgot that the demo has nothing to do with the actual game and that the actual game will be released after 6 or 7 months. 6 or 7 months is a long time. So there is a huge chance that a lot of changes will happen.

meg5493

Silent Hill and Resident Evil are a complete ripoff of Alone In The Dark. FEAR is a complete ripoff of Doom, Prey and some other game which name i can't pronounce. and while we're at it why not talk about how we humans are ripoff of someone or something. and that someone or something is a ripoff of someone or something else. So in other words we are a ripoff of a ripoff of a ripoff. That would make a great south park episode. haha
I'd like to step in real quick and say that RE wasn't ripping off alone in the dark (though it was taking inspiration in the fact that it was one of the first if not first survival horror games in 3d) since it was originally supposed to be a remake of sweet home (one of THE first survival horror games which Mikami worked on) before it evolved into its own thing.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
I'd like to step in real quick and say that RE wasn't ripping off alone in the dark (though it was taking inspiration in the fact that it was one of the first if not first survival horror games in 3d) since it was originally supposed to be a remake of sweet home (one of THE first survival horror games which Mikami worked on) before it evolved into its own thing.

I know, I was just making fun of the people who keep saying that RE is a ripoff P.T and outlast. I mean Alone in the Dark is considered a forefather of the survival horror genre.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I know, I was just making fun of the people who keep saying that RE is a ripoff P.T and outlast. I mean Alone in the Dark is considered a forefather of the survival horror genre.

Am I the only one that actually enjoyed and had FUN with the Xbox 360 Alone in the Dark game? It is definitely NOT a 3.5/10. Maybe a 6/10, but it wasn't bad. Especially considering that there wasn't that many options of games back then..... Okay you know what.... Back then I was playing so many games I was beating something stupid like one a week -_- All I did was go to school, play video games, and hang with friends xD

The game wasn't amazing, but there were far trashier games at the time. It was fun and it had some really cool concepts like how you need to find and craft items to survive. Which I actually enjoyed :p Plus it was easy achievements LMAO

alone_in_the_dark-xbox_360screenshots19788192.168.3.33-image490.jpg

mjk321

90s to early 2000's: the original RE with their tank controls, silent hill and fatal frame were quite similar.

2008(?)~2013(?): RE4 with the behind-the-shoulder, and lots of horror games were quite similar.

2014(?)~ present: Amnesia, outlast, P.T., and now RE7

they're just following the trend, so if you ask me, they're going in the right direction

Top Bottom