• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Capcom just Tradmarked "Umbrella Corps"

Airaku

Stray Jedi
This is very interesting in my opinion and it sounds like Capcom might be prepping up to reveal a new Resident Evil game in the very near future. Gamescom, Paris show, TGS? Who knows when but what we do have is THIS!

Trademark site: https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/trademarks/014339031

The source I found this info: http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2015/07/umbrella-corps-trademark-registered-by.html

I think this is fairly interesting and it could mark the return of Umbrella. Does this game take place in past events? Or is Umbrella revived by someone with sinister intentions as a cover or to get the company back up and running for other purposes? Who guidance would this be under? Alex Wesker? The Family (ick), The organization (I doubt it they are a rival), A living Ashford or an old employee we don't know about? The original Wesker of the Wesker Project (doubt it, he'd be dead as **** by now). James Marcus or Spencer revived? (also unlikely), or someone entirely new? Or perhaps a known character that we never saw coming. Is it a spin off title or is this related to Resident Evil 7 in some shape or form?

Feel free to speculate and I'd love to hear what you all think about this. I for one am very curious to what this may mean. I suppose it could be an error or a rumor based on someone over speculating it's meaning, but for now lets debate on it as if it were real. ;)

Besides speculation is fun so why don't we all just get a little crazy?! ;P

Last edited:

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Hmmm interesting, wasn't a small hint about Umbrella shown during Simmons' death cutscene in RE6 Leon campaign?. I think the real umbrella corp is better as main villain rather than just neo-umbrella.

wayne

Hmmm interesting, wasn't a small hint about Umbrella shown during Simmons' death cutscene in RE6 Leon campaign?. I think the real umbrella corp is better as main villain rather than just neo-umbrella.

Wow maybe a new game then? I just hope its not a on the rails type of game like umbrella and darkside chronicles, hopefully it will star jill :)
And yeah your right when simmons died below it showed umbrella with his blood.
maybe it will get announced at gamescom or tgs.

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
i think it's unlikely that we get Umbrella back but i personally loved umbrella(well...loved to hate umbrella) and i will never say NO to see Umbrella again.

but sadly it is unlikely because no one would take responsibility of a BOW development company which it's actions are no more hidden from mass media...

the return of Spencer, Marcus or Albert can't be further to reality but even if they are back it doesn't mean they can establish a secret corporation again, now that they have lost everything, their people , money , a city like Raccoon,not to mention the respect they had as a medical corporation.

p.s you ideas are interesting though. : )

Airaku

Stray Jedi
@Scrumpeh

LMAO! Better get that XXL Magnum out Barry! XD I would hate to see your daughters in a body bag because you gon goof and Googled that.

@wolf trail

There's are just fast ball possibilities. Nothing in concrete, just potential possibilities. Many which make no sense and some that do.

I've actually played with the thought that Ada may have a hand in this. The REAL Ada, not the fake imposter XD Ada will do a lot for money and a potential to black market some B.O.W.'s for a quick buck is right up her ally. Watch RE: Damnation for a more recent gig that ties into 6. Yes that is the REAL Ada as she knew damn well what she was doing and who Leon was. Though Ada did say she wanted to put this stuff behind her but that phone call had her very interested. I had a few theories of who made that call once I saw that scene all those years ago ;-P

@ResidentDevil

It's been a while since I played 6 and only played it once when it first came out. I plan to replay the game VERY soon with a close friend of mine. You are absolutely right that we saw Umbrella's logo in his blood when he died. I always thought it was a symbolism for Neo-Umbrella and pretty much a "eff you" when he died symbolising Carla and the next campaign.

I've always viewed that you are supposed to play Leon's campaign first. Then Chris or Jakes. I would recommend Jakes for the full effect and then Chris. You play Ada's last and I think Capcom made a stupid mistake when they added a patch to allow you to just play hers at any time and you could do them in any order. Playing as Ada first totally ruins the plot of the whole game, well most of it.
Also Leon has the tutorial so it makes sense to do his first anyways and the game pushed you to play his first. I just played them all from the top in descending order.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end there are so many different reasons for capcom potentially doing this. I'm going to re-post a reply I posted on VGchartz when I made this theard on there. Call it a lazy copy past if you will but it may throw in some insight here. Plus some people were really worried about this being another "Opperation Raccoon City".

"Well I'm not going to reply to 5-6 different people individually so I'm just going to flat out state my thoughts on this XD

I don't think Capcom would create another "Operation Raccoon City". After that game and RE6, they are taking a serious look at what fans want. They want to make sure their games are of utmost quality and they even shafted their plans for annual releases. Yes Capcom was actually considering the idea of annual releases and they wanted to be like Assassin's Creed or CoD. I am glad Capcom is actually NOT being greedy and care very deeply for the Resident Evil IP. Also for the record.... I am NOT trolling and I am serious with that statement.

That being said there could be a few reasons for this.

1) Something to do with Resident Evil 7 and we don't know it yet. It is possible that someone may want to revive Umbrella for their own purposes. I can think of about two characters who may want to do this for self-serving agendas and/or cover. (Not the same as the Neo-Umbrella crap that we all thought to highly of and then was let down by a crappy revenge plot)

2) A spin off OR a remake of one of the original games with the new style. Honestly if the walk speed was the same as was the amount of ammo and the type writers with ink ribbons are back. The behind the back view is far scarier when you hear those moaning sounds and can't see behind you. Crimson heads and hunters would be BS!

After all if you're worried about that style. Most fans will tell you that the Regenerators from RE4 are by far the creepiest moments the series has to offer. The time I tried to open the door and the door fell on me (I'm serious) in the room you first encounter it on the table... was the only moment I jumped. Even the licker jumping out of the one way window in RE2 didn't get me. I was so expecting that to happen. Actually the newer games kept me on edge a lot more than the classics and I was a kid back then.

3) Capcom is just renewing or putting a trade mark on the name "Umbrella Corps" because it's a short term for "Umbrella Corporation". This likely means we will see Umbrella in some shape or form in the future and would likely make one of the above statements true.

That is my personal opinion on the matters."

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
Allright so the latest rumor is that there might be new game called "Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps", I think it sounds a bit operation raccoon city-ish. And it could be a mobile game too.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...apcoms-recently-trademarked-umbrella-corps-be

1) Something to do with Resident Evil 7 and we don't know it yet. It is possible that someone may want to revive Umbrella for their own purposes. I can think of about two characters who may want to do this for self-serving agendas and/or cover. (Not the same as the Neo-Umbrella crap that we all thought to highly of and then was let down by a crappy revenge plot)
Yeah, the real umbrella corp is the best resi villain IMO.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don't want a mobile game either. I would be incredibly ****ed off! Ugh to bad they are so popular and sell these days :(
Hopefully it has to do with the brand name or something else related to a future release. Like someone restarting Umbrella in the series.

@ResidentDevil

Honestly I have to disagree. Umbrella is a corporation that masked some very good villains and had real sinister intentions. However for me Albert Wesker is the best villain in the series (for now). From the very first game he's been the forefront villain of the series. He took advantage of all the situations and manipulated them for his own ends. To me, he was the real villain of the original game. He may have been half following orders from Umbrella and half following his own agenda; but he also orchestrated (not create) the whole conspiracy to get S.T.A.R.S. eliminated by leading them to their deaths. He then proceeded to fake his own death to further his own personal agendas. It was a high risk and had a) The virus not bonded correctly or had an error in calculating the formula
b)
The Tyrant stabbed him through the skull
c) had he not revived an escaped in time it would have all been over for Albert.
Plus he would have been the biggest dumbass tool in the history of video games as far as villains go.

I recommend you read this! It's more for just "humor" but it's funny as hell and it makes some fantastic points. Even if it's a little "out there" : http://www.dorkly.com/post/65398/7-dumb-plans-from-supposedly-smart-videogame-villains

Also I will argue that Alex Wesker is one of the best villains in the series. Her back story is quite incredible and she pull off some real nasty stuff that no other villain did, or even possibly could. She created a nation and gave them a better standard of living. Only to take that away from them and experiment on them. She is genocidal and has no regards for anyone. It's not about "evolution" for her, but simply to generate as much fear as possible. Her philosophy on fear is amazing and I think she may try to manipulate the mass population with fear in the future. She can bring the horror back and so far... she never fails. She's out of any other villains league, including Albert's (RE5 confirmed this). She's also considered the most intelligent and she may very well reach god hood and crack immortality. She's also by far the most evil, cunning, and twisted villain the series has ever seen. She's going to be tough to eliminate and they may very well need to "trap" her consciousness and launch it into the sun or marianas trench or something XD jk. I don't see them killing Natalia to kill her.

Speaking of which.... some how her "powers" were transferred into Natalia now that Alex is no longer ill and by possible other enchantments she did to Natalia. I highly recommend everyone to read the following links because it puts to rest a lot of lies some fans like to spread. Such as stupid **** like "Alex" has romantic feelings for her brother. Ugh really people?

http://projectumbrella.net/articles/Yasuhiro-Anpo-Interview-Project-Umbrella and http://residentevil.com.br/site/rev...npo-resident-evil-revelations-2-game-director

Also Alex is a complete opposite of Albert. Asides from the fact they are both into eugenics and they both want to be a god, even if it's for different reasons. They also both kill themselves to become stronger. There are a lot of parallels between the original Resident Evil and Revelations 2.

Albert - Alex
Male - Female
Wears black - wears white
Wants to save the world in a ****ed up way - wants to make the world suffer in a ****ed up way

I had a list of a lot more but I'm drawing a few blanks atm.

I also want to state that Derek Simmons had the potential to be one of the series best villains as well if:
a) He was developed more in earlier games
b) "The Family" did not exist. Seriously the "illuminati" in Resident Evil? Was Umbrella not close enough?
56725662.jpg

I play Assassin's Creed for that.

Seriously Simmons had real potential with being the villain with the most noble intentions. His execution and solution was **** poor. Just like Albert Wesker's idea of "Saving the world".

Wow did I really just write that to justify why I think Umbrella is not the best villain? For me it was Umbrella that started it all and it all traces back to that. Umbrella may be back in the future if Simmons death has any foreshadowing. I wonder who will lead it? Alex may have a few interesting reasons to do so, as for anyone else... I don't know. The series has to many unresolved issues to start stuffing in more villains like 6 did. Plus 6 only created new plot points and areas that need more discovering. Such as Jake for example.

Top Bottom