• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (1998) Capcom enlists the makers of 'Resident Evil 2: Reborn' for REmake 2's support!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Remember the 'Resident Evil 2: Reborn' fan project, showing us what a modern-day, ground-up remake of Resident Evil 2 would look like with Resident Evil 4/5/6's over-the-shoulder cam?

Well, guess what? Not only have Capcom officially confirmed a ground-up remake of Resident Evil 2, but they're actually bringing the makers of RE2:Reborn onboard for it!

Wow, talk about another "zinger", as if the Resi 2 remake couldn't possibly gain any more traction, this is AWESOME news! It's obvious what happened here: Capcom saw their expertise in action and decided to use it to give us an even MORE badass remake of one of the best games ever made. It's abundantly clear they saw the $$$s floating in their head.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
so they should have, capcom asked them to stop making reborn, and since they had already done such a fantastic job it's only right they were involved in the long run

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
wow, old news but new to me. this is the coolest thing i can think of a developer as big as capcom doing in a long time. hirabayashi and his team are so in tune with the hardcore fan base, i couldn't imagine a better group of people to be spearheading REmakes. capcom can put out whatever garbage sequels and spin offs they want as long as these guys continue to be given creative control over their projects. amazing stuff, good on everybody involved.

Top Bottom