• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best zombie movie?

What is the best zombie movie of all time?

• 28 Days Later (2002)

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Dawn of the Dead (1978)

• Dawn of the Dead (2004 remake)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • World War Z (2013)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Train to Busan (2016)

• [REC] (2007)

• Shaun of the Dead (2004)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Zombieland (2009)

• Other

• Total voters

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I'd say 28 Days Later, looked upon by many as the one that revolutionized the zombie genre. Not only is it arguably the best zombie movie ever made, it's one of the best modern horror movies ever made. Everything from the cinematography, characters, tension, direction, story, is nailed to a T. It deserves its title as the quintessential zombie film IMO. It's also the first zombie film to introduce the popular fast zombies.

Night of the Living Dead and OG Dawn of the Dead are the next best zombie movies IMO. Romero (R.I.P.) is a legend. Also Shaun of the Dead is probably my most-watched zombie movie, I've watched it dozens of times on DVD.

I applaud WWZ for trying something different with the sub-genre, but it has so many plot holes and implausibilities/miraculous survivals that I just can't take it seriously. Add in the terrible ending, constant shaky cams that make it impossible to tell WTF is going on and lack of gore (or hell, blood) the few times it IS shown and you have what I and many others consider to be a mediocre film at best, even ignoring the fact that it has nothing to do with the book past the title. It was way too sanitized and contrived for my taste.

No, gore doesn't make a good film, but when you're talking about millions of flesh-eating zombies that can only be killed via headshot, a bit of violence and bloodletting is to be expected. The classic Resident Evil games even had a disclaimer when you first loaded the game, "This game contains scenes of explicit violence and gore". How I miss that.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I went Dawn of the Dead, because no matter how many times I see it, I never get tired of it. But...I also REALLY wanted to vote Shaun of the Dead, which changed the way I thought movies can be made. I remember to this day the first time I saw both movies, and I was blown away.

D

Deleted member 21244

I'd say 28 says later, it was an amazing movie, the tension, the character and situation were all good... The third act was incredible...

How unfortunately that it received that ****ty sequel, 28 weeks later, a real abomination...

Billy Coen

From these options... I'l go with Dawn of the Dead (1978).

I enjoy all the characters (and I was surprised when some of the main characters died, I was expecting that they would survive) and I like the setting, a shopping mall, which is one of the places to hide from a Zombie apocalipse, of course, if it's clean of them in it's interior.

Top Bottom