• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Are you hyped

svp

Hell yess, I cant wait for the fear element that it has. I was creeped out big time. I just dont like that there are so many fans complaining about the survival horror it is trying to bring back.

svp

No they shouldn't. Just because the newer action fans don't like it. It looks exactly how resident evil 7 should look. Even scarier then the first game. I knew they had it in them.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I was starting to get doubtful, but after seeing the trailer (I don't have a ps4/xbox1 So I haven't played/seen the demo) I'm now 100% sure they have it in them.

Reactions: svp

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
I think/hope that it's just because its first person, but that doesn't bother me at all. Makes it creepier. Imagine running into nemesis in first person and having to get away from him.

svp

I know its sick! it makes you feel like its your eyes. Yes that would be scary, or running into a hunter. Also have you ever seen the Blair Witch Project? The man facing the wall in the demo reminded me of that. It was spooky. I think they borrowed it from the movie.

Leon_Redfield

King of Bel
Premium
Yea I've seen that movie, it's pretty good. I haven't seen the demo yet because I don't have fast data on my phone or internet, but how's that scene play out in the demo?

ToCool74

Veteran Member
No they shouldn't. Just because the newer action fans don't like it. It looks exactly how resident evil 7 should look. Even scarier then the first game. I knew they had it in them.

It is not the "new action fans" who only dislike this, I myself prefer the older Resident Evil titles and even I have doubts about this, namely the first person gameplay and supernatural elements have me a bit turned off, The game is so unrecognizable that at the end of the trailer it could have had any name and no one would have even known it was Resident Evil, looks more like Silent Hills PT. I will give the game a shot since it finally is bringing back survival horror to the main entries, but I still am not all that hyped for it.

svp

Okay, I see what u r saying. It could end up being like revelations 2 just in first person who knows. I personally loved Rev 2. I thought it was similar to 4 and it had horror and action, just the right amount. I also liked how hard it was. In a way I feel like this game will be kind of connected to Rev2. The pic looked like Moira and there was a small girl on some logo, IDK if that was faked or not. I personally think it might be a combo of 4, re1 and Rev2 which would be sick. All my favorites.

weskerondope

im one of those old school fans who kinda hates the new games, the last good resident evil game for me was resident evil 4, even though it was different it was still lots of fun
but i hated re 5, re6 and the garbage revelations

however i downloaded the demo for re7 and im kinda hyped, and i will most likely get it day one

black 93

I am. To me this game looks like classic RE through a first person view. Imventory management, exploration, limited ammo and little combat skill, I see nothing wrong with it, but i seem to be in the minority on here. Just seems like a spiritual successor to the first game. An isolated setting, dark, atmospheric, im looking forward to it. If it was third person, i doubt it would be getting as much hate as it is.

Mako Crab

Not hyped so far. The cliche inbred cannibal hick family is so overdone in horror. It's not new or scary. It's cheesy. I was laughing the whole time during the trailer.

"He's not eating it! He ain't eating it! I made it special!!! He's a son of a bitch!"

Like, LOL!!!! What am I watching here?

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Still feeling very meh about RE7, it just feels like they are turning it into a generic horror game filled with jump scares and people looking really close to the 'camera' because... oooooh VR.

I feel like the only thing that can save this game for me, is if it has a really strong story, and not just a stand alone story but something that connects with the rest of the series.

Hey, just gona add some of my thoughts here bout 7. Cant wait. Im sure video game wise, it will be an excellent addition to Resident Evil. strange puzzles, inventory management, creepiness. Exciting combat with shotguns like a good 1st person shooter. Im sure it will have it all. Even tense survival parts with no ammo based on some of these demos. But hey, even in Resident Evil 4, theres the Ashley segment where you gotta deal with those knights and enemies with just a couple of lanterns to throw. It will definitely be unique.

And this is 7! I mean the others took hours to beat, specially 6, I bet this whole Baker family thing is probly the first few hours, it could catapult into some crazy Resident Evil backstory, possibly connecting Spencer, Wesker, an oldie classic. The games tide could turn any moment. Im feeling it.

Im getting it the day it comes out, and I cant wait, im excited to play a Resident Evil for the first time again without knowing what to do.

In terms of difficulty and puzzle solving. Resident Evil 5, 6 weren't that challenging, but still epic and enjoyable.
7 will probly be the toughest one yet. Really psyched, I don't even mind if I die left and right, cuz a year from now when I play it again, I and many others will probly ace it, but for the first time, that's special. Give it a chance. It could be a 15 hour plus campaign. The Bakers could be like a few hours only. Who knows?!! Super excited.

Top Bottom