• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone still read the S.D. Perry Resident Evil novels?

letmelive311

One day things will get better , being optimistic is a good thing ; ) ... Or remember things could always be worse . For example : A . You could be living uncomfortably and without commodities in a broken straw hut in Africa, hungry, half naked and hot possibly sick and scared that the LRA can steal you at any time and leave the rest of your family for dead ... Etc ..

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I’ve read all of them except Zero Hour, but mostly because I was such a RE fanatic, not because I liked them. Perry’s style of writing is nice sometimes, but too revealing; she tells you right away who is good and who is evil, who can be trusted and who is a traitor, taking away much of the suspense. Of course, as fans of the game, we’re already aware anyway, but I didn’t know Code Veronica by the time I read the corresponding book, and I found it quite boring because of that. Also, there are many unnecessarily long monologic passages about the evil guy going over his plans for the umpteenth time – I tend to skip them after a while.

Then there’s Perry’s unhealthy obsession with Rebecca. Not only does she appear in five of the seven books, but everyone keeps mentioning what an adorable, brilliant, skilled woman she is, especially for her young age… ugh! Don’t get me wrong, I like Rebecca, and I agree that she’s amazing, but does everyone need to constantly point that out? I think her actions speak for themselves. So generally, I don't really recommend these books, but to be fair, I reread Caliban Cove a few weeks ago, and after all it wasn't as bad as I had remembered it.

As for acquiring the books, which many seem to have problems with, perhaps this will help: I went to a book store, or any other store that had a book section, and ordered them there. This way it was quite easy to get them.

BRoGAN

ResiNerd
I have only read the umbrella conspiracy but I realllllyyy enjoyed it. I was worried that writing a book based on gameplay wouldn't work but I was pleasantly surprised :)

Maestro

Sniper Wolf
Premium
I already finish two parts (Umbrella Conspiracy and Caliban Cove), now I read City of the Dead. Very good books, had some inaccuracies (Mayor Harris?), but it's not big problem...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
I got my hands on code veronica from the library for 30 days..... honestly I lost interest in it after they got to the Antartic but the first 100 pages were really good. (I would get more but my library has to go to a different library to get them here and its a lot of trouble).

Top Bottom