• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 Anyone else wish we could've gotten Wesker instead of Ada?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
As we all know, Ada got her own side story in Separate Ways, in which she worked in the shadows to help Leon. I was just thinking earlier that it would've been even better if we got to play as Wesker in a side story to RE4. Think about it. Wesker sent Ada to get the Plagas sample, right? What if that hadn't happened and Wesker himself went to retrieve it? Reminiscent of how he himself went after the T-Veronica virus sample himself in CV. Maybe he didn't want to be directly involved and/or noticed, so he figured he'd keep Leon alive to do his dirty work, long enough to retrieve the sample, then once that happened, he'd appear, take the sample and dispose of Leon. Maybe Wesker, like Ada, worked in the shadows to make sure Leon stayed alive. It was fun playing as him in The Mercenaries. It would've been cool if we could've played as him through a whole mini-story. I even thought of how the ending would go...

*Leon kills Saddler and retrieves the sample
*Leon hears a voice say "I believe we've never met" to which he turns around and sees it's Wesker.

Leon: Wesker? What are you doing here?!?
Wesker: I'll let you connect those dots.
*Leon puts 2 and 2 together and realizes he wants the sample
Leon: Forget it, Wesker. You're not taking this!
Wesker: Come on, now. Hand it over. Don't be so darn stubborn.
Leon: Heh. Sorry to disappoint you, but the only way you're taking this is if you take it from my cold, dead hands.
Wesker: Very well. If you won't hand it over to me, then perhaps...

*That's when Ada appears behind Leon and puts a gun to his head

Leon: Ada?!?
Ada: Hand it over, Leon!
Leon: What are you doing, Ada?
Ada: Just hand it over.

*Leon drops it into Ada's hand as a chopper appears nearby

Wesker: Well, I hate to cut this reunion short, but time is precious. Come, Ada. And Leon, do give Chris my regards, if you see him. That is, if you can make it off this island alive (as he activates the self-destruct system. As they walk off, Ada whispers to Leon and tosses him the jet ski keys with that little bear on them! :p

Leon then finds the jet ski, takes off with Ashley. Ten minutes later, she annoys him to no end and he pushes her into the ocean and leaves her for dead! Nah, no. But joke aside, I personally think that ending sounds much better than the ending we got. Not that it was bad. Plus, it would've given us the long-overdue Leon/Wesker confrontation. However, Krauser probably wouldn't exist in this version, since Wesker could've just had Krauser follow Leon around. As for Ada, maybe in this version, Wesker maybe wouldn't have trusted Ada. Or believed she couldn't do the job.

A little fanfic was at work there, but yeah. I would've loved that ending. But what do you think? Would you have preferred a Wesker side-story instead of Ada?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'll admit to liking Wesker and Ada equally...However, I would not perfer playing Wesker to Ada in "Seperate Ways"

First off-Wesker TOLD Ada to dispose of Leon, but she would disobey and create excuses...Wesker finally told Krauser to kill Leon, however, this was a failure...Wesker THEN decided to use Leon as a decoy for Saddlers forces so Ada could remain unnoticed...

He did control well in the Mercenaries mode, but when it comes to the actuall story...We really do need Ada...I mean...She's the one who rang the bell to save Leon from the rampaging viligers in the first chapter...She's the one who provided him the meds that slowed down infection...She provided him with an escape from the island before it was blown sky high(I realize you've adressed this in your "How it should have happened" but Wesker being as virally enhanced as he is I would think he would hear and or notice Ada's giving of the key...also he's a smart dude, and he can definitely see her compasion for him)...She saved Leon when Krauser was just about to kill him in the infamous knife fight cutscene...And above ALL else, there is the bond that Leon and Ada share established in RE2...Leon comments on it in the very end of RE4 saying "She's like a part of me I can't get rid of."...For all the emotional reasons we really do need Ada...Wesker would not have done ANY of this for Leon because Wesker wanted him dead...

On top of all this, Wesker could not have gone to Spain to get the virus, because The Orginization was already suspicious of him, which is why he recruited Ada, Krauser, and Luis Sera...

NintenStar

^Wesker never recruited Luis. Luis just emailed one of his friends for help. Wesker then intercepted it, and found out about the Plagas.
You wanna know why Wesker and Leon have never met in person? It's because there's no country in the world that can supply enough hair gel for both of their hairstyles and everyone else who uses hair gel. XD
But there should seriously be a game where Wesker and Leon meet/fight. Wesker actually being a fighting character in this game would be cool. But without Ada, Leon's job would be a lot harder.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Thats because during RE4 he was the leader of the third organization. In CV, He was in a different organization, but not the leader. Wesker probally had more important thinks to do.

NintenStar

Why not both Ada AND Wesker? YAYUH BOSS FIGHT! That would make Resident Evil 4 the greatest game in the series.

Sean

Hmmm... I like the concept, because as a villian, lets face it Wesker is bad ass. But honestly, I would rather play as Ada then Wesker. And to be honest, I dont think the game would feel right if wesker was following Leon around helping him out, I mean we wouldnt even get to hear the bitch in the red dress line. But as I said, I do like the concept

NintenStar

How about at one point, Wesker decides to check up on Ada because of his suspiciouns, then you hear the red dress line, and she helps you, but you also get a Wesker boss fight.

AyeshaAeon

[QUOwhatwha
I'll admit to liking Wesker and Ada equally...However, I would not perfer playing Wesker to Ada in "Seperate Ways"

First off-Wesker TOLD Ada to dispose of Leon, but she would disobey and create excuses...Wesker finally told Krauser to kill Leon, however, this was a failure...Wesker THEN decided to use Leon as a decoy for Saddlers forces so Ada could remain unnoticed...

He did control well in the Mercenaries mode, but when it comes to the actuall story...We really do need Ada...I mean...She's the one who rang the bell to save Leon from the rampaging viligers in the first chapter...She's the one who provided him the meds that slowed down infection...She provided him with an escape from the island before it was blown sky high(I realize you've adressed this in your "How it should have happened" but Wesker being as virally enhanced as he is I would think he would hear and or notice Ada's giving of the key...also he's a smart dude, and he can definitely see her compasion for him)...She saved Leon when Krauser was just about to kill him in the infamous knife fight cutscene...And above ALL else, there is the bond that Leon and Ada share established in RE2...Leon comments on it in the very end of RE4 saying "She's like a part of me I can't get rid of."...For all the emotional reasons we really do need Ada...Wesker would not have done ANY of this for Leon because Wesker wanted him dead...

On top of all this, Wesker could not have gone to Spain to get the virus, because The Orginization was already suspicious of him, which is why he recruited Ada, Krauser, and Luis Sera...
Woww..nice reply. I thibk
t: 108416, member: 4509"]I'll admit to liking Wesker and Ada equally...However, I would not perfer playing Wesker to Ada in "Seperate Ways"

On top of all this, Wesker could not have gone to Spain to get the virus, because The Orginization was already suspicious of him, which is why he recruited Ada, Krauser, and Luis Sera...[/QUOTE]
Wowwww what a nice reply.......i tgubk
OTE="Harry Sachz, post: 108415, member: 4546"]As we all know, Ada got her own side story in Separate Ways, in which she worked in the shadows to help Leon. I was just thinking earlier that it would've been even better if we got to play as Wesker in a side story to RE4. Think about it. Wesker sent Ada to get the Plagas sample, right? What if that hadn't happened and Wesker himself went to retrieve it? Reminiscent of how he himself went after the T-Veronica virus sample himself in CV. Maybe he didn't want to be directly involved and/or noticed, so he figured he'd keep Leon alive to do his dirty work, long enough to retrieve the sample, then once that happened, he'd appear, take the sample and dispose of Leon. Maybe Wesker, like Ada, worked in the shadows to make sure Leon stayed alive. It was fun playing as him in The Mercenaries. It would've been cool if we could've played as him through a whole mini-story. I even thought of how the ending would go...

*Leon hears a voice say "I believe we've never met" to which he turns around and sees it's Wesker.

Leon: Heh. Sorry to disappoint you, but the only way you're taking this is if you take it from my cold, dead hands.

Wesker: Well, I hate to cut this reunion short, but time is precious. Come, Ada. And Leon, do give Chris my regards, if you see him. That is, if you can make it off this island alive (as he activates the self-destruct system. As they walk off, Ada whispers to Leon and tosses him the jet ski keys with that little bear on them! :p

Leon then finds the jet ski, takes off with Ashley. Ten minutes later, she annoys him to no end and he pushes her into the ocean and leaves her for dead! Nah, no. But joke aside, I personally think that ending sounds much better than the ending we got. Not that it was bad. Plus, it would've given us the long-overdue Leon/Wesker confrontation. However, Krauser probably wouldn't exist in this version, since Wesker could've just had Krauser follow Leon around. As for Ada, maybe in this version, Wesker maybe wouldn't have trusted Ada. Or believed she couldn't do the job.

A little fanfic was at work there, but yeah. I would've loved that ending. But what do you think? Would you have preferred a Wesker side-story instead of Ada?[/QUOTE]

No .... whatever yiy
rry Sachz, post: 108415, member: 4546"]As we all know, Ada got her own side story in Separate Ways, in which she worked in the shadows to help Leon. I was just thinking earlier that it would've been even better if we got to play as Wesker in a side story to RE4. Think about it. Wesker sent Ada to get the Plagas sample, right? What if that hadn't happened and Wesker himself went to retrieve it? Reminiscent of how he himself went after the T-Veronica virus sample himself in CV. Maybe he didn't want to be directly involved and/or noticed, so he figured he'd keep Leon alive to do his dirty work, long enough to retrieve the sample, then once that happened, he'd appear, take the sample and dispose of Leon. Maybe Wesker, like Ada, worked in the shadows to make sure Leon stayed alive. It was fun playing as him in The Mercenaries. It would've been cool if we could've played as him through a whole mini-story. I even thought of how the ending would go...

A little fanfic was at work there, but yeah. I would've loved that ending. But what do you think? Would you have preferred a Wesker side-story instead of Ada?[/QUOTE]
No..whatev

ArabPikachu

Giving Albert Wesker a sidestory scenario in RE4 would contradict the purpose of him having his fair share of screen-time in Umbrella Chronicles.

However, Krauser probably wouldn't exist in this version

Another reason why I didn't agree with this thread's idea.

Last edited:
Top Bottom