• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 anyone dislike RE5?

RedPanda

4x the awesome
Oh dear, I wish Capcom had just put masks on their faces like they did with the Wolfpack. ORC Claire looks like a drug addict who doesn't get enough sleep, Jill seems to have her Revelations face, Carlos traded his muscles for fat, and I don't even remember the others, but that's probably for the best. All characters look nice in the pre-rendered cutscenes and images, but their in-game models are scarier than the monsters.

I don't want to hate on ORC, though. It's far from my favourite game, but I had a lot of fun with it. I just wish it had been longer and better tied to the canon story, but I realise it was supposed to be a non-canon "What if" scenario side game, so it's okay.

As for the scrapped concept of pairing Chris and Barry for RE5, I wonder who of them would have thrown the other up high ledges or across chasms... Either way, I'm sure it would have looked hilarious.
Eh, you're probably right. Considering how much time I spent playing that game I probably saw more of their images than the in-game models.

I feel like if they were going to keep Barry it would have made more sense for Chris to keep his original physique. 2 gorillas walking around just seems like overkill.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
*hi-5's u back*

I never played ORC so.... It's not that bad and I also liked Chris in RE6 to some degree, although Piers is still better and I'm still mad Capcom decided to kill him off for the sake of dramatic effect and don't get me even started how they forgot to mention Jill... A woman that always played an important role in Chris' life yet she wasn't mentioned in any capacity (and that's still p*ssing me off, even to this day).
It's not that hard to make me happy in RE just give me Jill Valentine and I'm sold (That's why I like RE5 more), tough I'm not fond of her in Revelations. They messed her up big times.

Back in 2012 I had more fun with ME3 than RE6, but that's just me.

It wasn't until RE6 that I started to like Chris to be honest. In RE5 he was literally Resident Evil's version of Captain America. I love Captain American, don't get me wrong... but he doesn't fit into RE xD and I was always a Jill person in the originals.... I never played Chris's campaign.... every time I try. My thumbs LITTERALLY and MAGICALLY tilt over to Jill xD I'm not even making this up."

I've been a Jill fan since the original and I have to say that Revelation's Jill is the best. Well, up there with her from RE1 and Nemesis. All the changes came naturally from RE5 by introducing the BSAA which caused them to go back and add it into the timeline. Revelations was a return to the bad ass she's always been. Her face may have been changed a bit (looks way better on the 3DS version) but she was still Jill. The thing that ****ed me off about RE5 was that after she was saved.... she didn't seem, act, or talk like Jill. I can't even imagine her being flirty in the slightest as she was jokingly in "Desperate Escape". Plus they made over empathised her. They made her an over the top bad ass as Wesker's lapdog (which was awesome) then made her seem like a weak woman after she was saved. This is not the Jill that I grew up loving at all. Jill was always one of my favorite characters by a fair margin and my first love of the series xD Revelations reignited that spark that RE5 dried up. Also might I add that they took a rip of Samus Aran for Jill in RE5 -_-

Hahaha well! 2012 was a year of amazing games! One of the best and most consistent years in gaming. Damn rights Mass Effect 3 was the best game that year! And that's out of so many phenomenal games that year.

Mass Effect 3
Assassin's Creed III
Resident Evil: Revelations
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Halo 4
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Diablo III
Sleeping Dogs
Boarderlands 2
And Lollipop Chainsaw because I said so :3

wolf trail

unleash the Evil within you!
First Welcome to the forum :)
I'm honored to congratulate you because you just asked one of the most common Resident Evil questions which is:
Do you prefer classic RE or modern RE?
imo RE5 is a good TPS and the story is not that bad but the only problem with it is that it's simply Not scary at all,
while Resident Evil is meant to be scary.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
As for the scrapped concept of pairing Chris and Barry for RE5, I wonder who of them would have thrown the other up high ledges or across chasms... Either way, I'm sure it would have looked hilarious.

One would call the other a pervert and then backyard wrasslin would ensue.

N7Valentine

Jill Sandwich Lover Since 1996
It wasn't until RE6 that I started to like Chris to be honest. In RE5 he was literally Resident Evil's version of Captain America. I love Captain American, don't get me wrong... but he doesn't fit into RE xD and I was always a Jill person in the originals.... I never played Chris's campaign.... every time I try. My thumbs LITTERALLY and MAGICALLY tilt over to Jill xD I'm not even making this up."
I don’t know I had a hard to to connect with Chris in RE6. He felt like a Commander Shepard clone to me (typical military leader, Legendary hero and blah blah blah. Not that I hate it, but I’m not generally a big fan of military leader dudes. Cmd. Shepard however is really an exception) plus he felt too disconnected from his past (no mention of Jill and other things. At least in ME3 I meet all characters that are important to Shepard) and that bothered me as hell. Nobody really understands why I hate it so much when they didn’t mention Jill in 6, but it was always stated that both have such a strong bond ever since RE1, yet I didn’t see anything of it in 6, tbh.

Lol I usually let Chris die whenever I play the first RE xD As an act of revenge for not mentioning Jill in RE6 >:D muahaha xD It gives me a good feeling.
I've been a Jill fan since the original and I have to say that Revelation's Jill is the best. Well, up there with her from RE1 and Nemesis. All the changes came naturally from RE5 by introducing the BSAA which caused them to go back and add it into the timeline. Revelations was a return to the bad ass she's always been. Her face may have been changed a bit (looks way better on the 3DS version) but she was still Jill. The thing that ****ed me off about RE5 was that after she was saved.... she didn't seem, act, or talk like Jill. I can't even imagine her being flirty in the slightest as she was jokingly in "Desperate Escape". Plus they made over empathised her. They made her an over the top bad ass as Wesker's lapdog (which was awesome) then made her seem like a weak woman after she was saved. This is not the Jill that I grew up loving at all. Jill was always one of my favorite characters by a fair margin and my first love of the series xD Revelations reignited that spark that RE5 dried up.

Jill is pretty much the only reason why I keep playing the series as a I played the third game after the RE1 (RE2 wasn’t released back then in my country) so I played RE3 and naturally grew fond of her over other characters. I actually liked her in RE5 and the DLC’s. She doesn’t feel like a female version of Chris there as she’s more laid back than him and I like the flirtatious Jill, but in Revelations she had the personality of a wooden block, although she had a few moments, she was pretty damn boring.

What really p*sses me off is how she’s doesn’t get any credits she actually deserved for saving Chris’ ass in 5, but instead they locked her up in rehab and are done with it. Right now I’m worried if she’ll ever appear again. With the recent news of the stage play and the new CGI movie I feel like Capcom doesn’t really want to bother with her because they think she’s too old for the series or something (might be a personal thing but who knows)

With that said I’m really worried about Jill Valentine and Capcom’s plans with her characters and her role in future RE games (if there are any or they simply forgot about her. I just don't trust Capcom anymore :p They seem to have an obsession with Leon and Chris and honestly I'm sick of them both. At least there is Rebecca, so yay ^^ Still no sign of Jill. I'm really missing her :'(

Also might I add that they took a rip of Samus Aran for Jill in RE5 -_-
Don't forget to mention Nina Williams from Tekken as well xD

Hahaha well! 2012 was a year of amazing games! One of the best and most consistent years in gaming. Damn rights Mass Effect 3 was the best game that year! And that's out of so many phenomenal games that year.
Damn right! Mass Effect 3 was awesome :D I don’t care what people say about the endings. I’m a die-hard ME fan and I love Commander Shepard (no homo, but wait Shepard can also be a woman xD) If he was real, I’d kill him for his badass N7 Armor x’D

Mass Effect 3
Assassin's Creed III
Resident Evil: Revelations
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D
Halo 4
Resident Evil 6
Max Payne 3
Diablo III
Sleeping Dogs
Boarderlands 2
And Lollipop Chainsaw because I said so :3
I agree with you except RE6 as I didn’t enjoy the game and Halo 4 .I’m a Playstation-person so I never played any Halo game.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I don’t know I had a hard to to connect with Chris in RE6. He felt like a Commander Shepard clone to me (typical military leader, Legendary hero and blah blah blah. Not that I hate it, but I’m not generally a big fan of military leader dudes. Cmd. Shepard however is really an exception) plus he felt too disconnected from his past (no mention of Jill and other things. At least in ME3 I meet all characters that are important to Shepard) and that bothered me as hell. Nobody really understands why I hate it so much when they didn’t mention Jill in 6, but it was always stated that both have such a strong bond ever since RE1, yet I didn’t see anything of it in 6, tbh.

Lol I usually let Chris die whenever I play the first RE xD As an act of revenge for not mentioning Jill in RE6 >:D muahaha xD It gives me a good feeling.

Jill is pretty much the only reason why I keep playing the series as a I played the third game after the RE1 (RE2 wasn’t released back then in my country) so I played RE3 and naturally grew fond of her over other characters. I actually liked her in RE5 and the DLC’s. She doesn’t feel like a female version of Chris there as she’s more laid back than him and I like the flirtatious Jill, but in Revelations she had the personality of a wooden block, although she had a few moments, she was pretty damn boring.

What really p*sses me off is how she’s doesn’t get any credits she actually deserved for saving Chris’ ass in 5, but instead they locked her up in rehab and are done with it. Right now I’m worried if she’ll ever appear again. With the recent news of the stage play and the new CGI movie I feel like Capcom doesn’t really want to bother with her because they think she’s too old for the series or something (might be a personal thing but who knows)

With that said I’m really worried about Jill Valentine and Capcom’s plans with her characters and her role in future RE games (if there are any or they simply forgot about her. I just don't trust Capcom anymore :p They seem to have an obsession with Leon and Chris and honestly I'm sick of them both. At least there is Rebecca, so yay ^^ Still no sign of Jill. I'm really missing her :'(

Don't forget to mention Nina Williams from Tekken as well xD

Damn right! Mass Effect 3 was awesome :D I don’t care what people say about the endings. I’m a die-hard ME fan and I love Commander Shepard (no homo, but wait Shepard can also be a woman xD) If he was real, I’d kill him for his badass N7 Armor x’D

I agree with you except RE6 as I didn’t enjoy the game and Halo 4 .I’m a Playstation-person so I never played any Halo game.

In Rev 2 there was a document where Jill e-mailed Barry and said that she is "eager" to get back out in the field again. So there are hints that we may see her again in the future. However there lies a major problem that the cast has become "over bloated" and we have too many characters. The numbered titles also take place within a year or two of their real-world release dates. The original cast is getting older and Capcom has been introducing a younger generation of heroes over the past few games. We have Jake, Sherry, Moira, and Natalia. All who are younger protagonists with a huge fight potentially ahead of them. Ironically all 4 of those heroes have something that would bind them to Alex Wesker (Natalia has to fight Alex's consciousness from within, the other 3 have other viable reasons). Alex is also now a "younger" character in terms of body. So what I'm trying to say is that we are seeing a shift from one generation to the next like how Star Wars does with it's trilogy. We'll need to wait and see but we could see the older heroes take a mentor role. I don't see them being removed and I think we will play as them again in the future but we are seeing signs of a shift. I also would not be surprised if RE8 is Leon's last game and resolves his relationship with Ada.

As for you not liking "military" type leaders. I can relate to you on this and I really don't consider Shepard at all to be on of those types. He/She leads his/her own squad, it's more akin to the size of a resistance squad than a military. Shepard does aid with Military actions in the end xD The ME3 ending wasn't bad at all. It may not have been the ending originally planned (There were 2 or 3 different ones before they settled with the one we have damn near last minute). But it was filled with mystery, and it allowed for players and Shepard, to come to a peace of mind for everything that just happened. Shepard was able to make peace with him/herself and we (the player) has no clue what happens after the events. I am very excited for Andromeda but we won't be having many links to the original trilogy. I think that using the iconic N7 logo is defeating the point.

Also in regards for "military type leaders". I must ask! What do you think of Big Boss from the MGS series? I honestly and faithfully believe that he is the greatest military leader character in gaming history, and potentially always will be. I also want to make it very clear that I am a Solid Snake fan, not a Big Boss fan! Big Boss can be a real piece of **** sometimes.

Vex

Nope. I love RE5 and I'm really glad to see so many people here feel the same way.

A lot of people have said it's not the best Resident Evil game, but it's a good game and I totally agree. It might not have the incredible atmosphere of Lost in Nightmares or the memorable bosses of 2 and 3, but it's so much FUN to play that I just don't care.

I can honestly say that RE5 is my favourite game to play. It's not my favourite game, not even my favourite RE game, but it's just the most enjoyable game I know to play through with a friend. The action is fast-paced but not so much that it feels like CoD, the voice acting is on point, the enemies are varied and can be quite challenging, and the weapons are awesome.
It's the only RE game I've ever completed on Professional. It's also the only RE game I've bothered getting every single achievement for (for the main game, I don't have all the DLC ones because I never played slayers). The replay value is excellent, possibly the best of any RE title in my opinion because of the combination of upgrades, collectibles and trophies.

I will always defend this game because it's just got such a special place in my heart.
I remember when it first came out I didn't have a PS3/360 so I'd watch S-rank professional runthroughs over and over on youtube and by the time I could finally own the game, I pretty much had it memorised. I'd worked out strategies from watching people play and I was able to implement them. I felt so at home with it from the start and I was so excited to finally get to play it.

The only thing I don't enjoy about 5 is really the Savanna level. It's the only level in the entire game that's harder in co-op than when you play solo with AI. If I want to S-rank or play on Professional I always do that level by myself since the AI has 100% accuracy and it makes it much easier.

So, yeah. I love this game and I don't care how hard people side-eye me for loving it.

BadWolf

All About Video Game Challenges
I don't dislike it, just consider it not as good as games that came before. What I dislike is legacy of RE5.

I like it. However I hate the fact that you have to play with a partner. on PRO it's ****ing frustrated to no end to play with the AI. And finding decent players these days isn't easy.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
This game was awesome when it first came out. I played it all the time. I knew this one secret where you could throw a grenade off a balcony and bounce it off a sign post to land next to a locked door bellow to blow the lock off. I use to do that online and people would freak.

Not saying this is on the table or in the cards but I'd possibly play it again if it was remade for PS4, But to be honest, I'm feeling pretty done with RE5. There would have to be no other games to play for me to buy that again if it was remade. Getting to the point. I played this game way to much. I don't dislike it though, it's not a bad game. Bit clunky looking back <_< Story was kinda weird now I look back as well haha, but at least Wesker is f-ing dead now. I mean what an azzhole. If I played it now it would feel so outdated :[

It's possibly one of my most played game of all time, but at the time I was a big gamer. So that's probably why I played it loads. Wasn't as scary as the other games though. I felt like a damned exterminator playing that game.

Top Bottom