• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 anyone dislike RE5?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
That final battle against Wesker is a bitch. Well, especially when I had my first two replacement xboxs, and I forgot to BACK up my save files. I'd already done it the campaign three times including Professional most stages , I had to complete the whole game over twice, both times for new saves, then redo all my mercenaries maps to get my scores back because they dont save server side. As far as the campaign went, i loved the first two stages, the best part of the whole game for me was the Public Assembly stage part of campaign, then it went crappy after act 3 and the enemies had guns. A bit like re6, they seem to nail the first two stages then just go completely OTT! But, I still love Re5, especially Mercenaries

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
It's a competent action game, but that's not what Resident Evil is at its core. What RE5's designers should have done was put the third-person-shooting, fully 3D environments, advanced enemy A.I. and QTEs introduced in RE4 in service of the genuine horror and dread of classic RE.

Turo602

The King of Kings
It's a competent action game, but that's not what Resident Evil is at its core. What RE5's designers should have done was put the third-person-shooting, fully 3D environments, advanced enemy A.I. and QTEs introduced in RE4 in service of the genuine horror and dread of classic RE.

Um, what? I think that's exactly what they did... Resident Evil 4 isn't really the answer. If anything, it's RE4 that started the decline in survival horror.

KevinStriker

Um, what? I think that's exactly what they did... Resident Evil 4 isn't really the answer. If anything, it's RE4 that started the decline in survival horror.
Introduced in RE4, not perfected. RE4 may be my favourite Resident Evil, and one of my favourite games period, but it isn't modern RE fully realized.

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
is it just me or is it becoming harder for capcom to breathe in the heap of crap the people are throwing at them nowadays? or perhaps it is the rising rate of expectations of the fans, unlike in the good `ol days that they did`nt seem to satisfy.

TheDandyman

I think re5 is a good game. I played most re games and think that 5 is better than 4. The story is not that bad. I hate it when people talk **** about 5 while praising 4. They are both not scary and 5 is overall a better version of 4. Btw i played both games.

kgould01

U CANT SEE ME
resident evil 5 is my least fav game of the series. i didnt like some of the chapters especially chapter 3 with the friggin speedboat. also i am old school resident evil player but i really enjoyed re6 and revelations because i like the move and shoot controls. the one main thing that bothers me about the newer games is the co op. they need to get rid of that. i like playing solo. i am tired of babysitting a partner.

the venomous grand design

REmake enthusiast
3/10 imo. too easy, watered down, not intimately disturbing like the classics, everything just feels so cookie cutter..hell if it were 4 player, i'd call it a party game. mindless run'n'gun, as long as you are half competent and have played a shooter before, you never have to consider your inventory or like..dying? and how on earth did they screw up the partner AI after executing it so perfectly nearly a decade earlier in RE0?
but obviously my opinion doesn't mean **** because this is capcom's best seller of all time iirc

Kleine Welt

Resident Evil 5 Enthusiast
It isn't really in the same genre as the other Resident Evil games, but I love it none-the-less.

Mark Mane McIntyre

2 things I don't like about RE5
1. It was not survival horror
2. It was not the beta. Not saying the final version was good I just prefer if we got the beta. It had survival horror, it brong back, the game was going to change based on your actions, and it had the merchant return

umbra aeterna

2 things I don't like about RE5
1. It was not survival horror
2. It was not the beta. Not saying the final version was good I just prefer if we got the beta. It had survival horror, it brong back, the game was going to change based on your actions, and it had the merchant return

Really?! Damn! I would;ve loved that.I don't like re5 either because it doesn't fit .The ghame just doesn't seem to fit,raises more questions than answer.re4 and re6 had horror elements,it was like a modern horror movie.but they fell short on re5,it was like a not as good version of re4.Plus 4 had cool stuff like that part where you're on the boat throwing harpoons at that fish monster...re5 felt like an incomplete game and...where the hell is jill now?!

also,the AI was a pain in the ass.Chris was only better because of his knack for headshots.But story wise:
-where did this uroburos crap come from?
-where is jill post re5?
-Tricell ???

lemme stop while i'm ahead..

umbra aeterna

the bosses were way out of hand in this game..jesus..its like boss fight, after boss fight, after boss fight, never ending..
you mean frustrating boss fight ,after frustrating boss fight,after frustrating boss fight.

I do think the aiming was lame.glad they fixed in re 6

umbra aeterna

more than anything the lame shooting mechanism,terrible Sheva AI...(if you play her ,it's a NON-issue,so stop da sheva hate! people use the **** AI as a cover for racism all the time...) an everything about Wesker made ZERO sense...

KevinStriker

Wait, wasn't that the game where Chris punches a boulder?

Yep.

tumblr_m7ogrl51bk1r9cjqxo1_500.gif

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Damn loved the game. I do think the original script was a bit better and the co-op being shoved in changed a lot. They didn't focus as much on "Sunlight horror" as they planned in the beginning. The game was influenced from a movie that used horror in the daylight. I can't remember the movie's name but it wasn't The Hills Have Eyes or anything like that.

I loved the Co-Op in RE5 and I think it is the best co-op game ever made. Still presented a challenge unlike games like Gears of War and Halo where the game gets a **** ton easier. But it also took away a lot of potential of the games main experience and major sacrifices had to be made. None the less the game is amazing and I'd argue it's one of the better games in the series, despite not having horror elements. I will say a lot of the game was censored and there was not a huge variety of enemies in the game.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Completely agree with you @Airaku

Resident Evil 5
is the one game in the entire series that I played the most and for hours on end, especially when the downloadable content came out. Gameplay wise it is absolutely fun and I loved the mercenaries for the game. Story wise, however, it is a bit meh, I especially did not like how Wesker was killed off. I look at the concept art as well as some of the things that didn't make the cut, like Chris being on his own without a character like Sheva, and think that is could have been a more solid RE game with some scarier moments. If anything have Sheva or Josh as a background character and not always with you, this would have been more effective in creating a scarier atmosphere.

Not to bash Sheva because she is a cool character, but the reason why they had to create her character is very frustrating. Friggin race card always getting played. Fact is we will never see those two characters ever again because they only served one purpose, to make Chris not look like a racist bastard shooting up crowds of black people.

Anyways I still actually love this game and would even go as far as saying it is my favorite one despite its flaws. I actually prefer playing through it over any other RE game (including RE6).

Last edited:
Top Bottom