• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 5 anyone dislike RE5?

Retrogamer

Hello, i'm new here.

I played:Re1,2,3 nemesis, code veronica x, outbreak file 1 and 2, umbrella chronicles, 4 and 5.

I liked most of them, but re5 is just a tps(Third person shooter) and until the end, it doesn't even feel like resident evil.I think you could give it another title, and people wouldn't know its resident evil.The co op with players is a little fun, but it isn't re:1,2,3 or code veronica, where you try to avoid enemies instead of killing them.Remember that dreaded feeling that you knew something was up because a street was too peaceful, and that mr nemesis was near? or that feeling of fear knowing that hunters now roam the mansion?

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Hello, i'm new here.

I played:Re1,2,3 nemesis, code veronica x, outbreak file 1 and 2, umbrella chronicles, 4 and 5.

I liked most of them, but re5 is just a tps(Third person shooter) and until the end, it doesn't even feel like resident evil.I think you could give it another title, and people wouldn't know its resident evil.The co op with players is a little fun, but it isn't re:1,2,3 or code veronica, where you try to avoid enemies instead of killing them.Remember that dreaded feeling that you knew something was up because a street was too peaceful, and that mr nemesis was near? or that feeling of fear knowing that hunters now roam the mansion?
There is a Introduction thread 1st off

2nd Welcome

3rd Personally i loved it , Nothing harder than fighting Parasitic-Infected-Humans

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Do I dislike RE5? Hm...
As a game: Definitely not, it's fun to play, especially with a friend.
As a Resident Evil: A bit, because it's not what you expect when someone says "Resident Evil".
But as long as it's still fun and the protagonist is one of the good old main characters (which is both true for RE5), that doesn't really matter to me. I enjoy RE4 much less (in fact, I don't enjoy it at all), although many people say it's more like the classics than RE5. So to each their own, I guess.

Retrogamer

Its just that:I'm dissapointed as a horror game player, and thought the aim was a bit off and hard to aim with enemies who move their heads around, making it even more frustrating.Its more fun as a co op, and i won't play for a while since i got most achievements.If you guys tell me your psn id, i could add you for some co op mercenaries.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Its not that I dont like it but, its not resi as you said, also welcome!

MissDomino

Premium
Welcome to REN :)

There's no denying it. If it wasn't for RE5 I wouldn't have even started playing RE games. Although I tried parts 1 and 2 before, I didn't handle the panic well and I was too disorganised to know what to do in part 1. RE5 eased me into Resident Evil. Since then, I've purchased and finished most of the games.

Sure it's not the best in the series, but I'm glad it's the way it is. Plus I sure had a lot of fun playing it co-op. It's bloody funny too :D

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
First off, welcome to REN! :D

As for your question, I agree with Hel in many ways. Resident Evil 4 was far more disappointing as both a game and a Resident Evil game - at least Resident Evil 5 had a couple of redeeming qualities, even if most happen to be downloadable content. To be quite honest, the best part of Resident Evil 5 was Lost In Nightmares simply because that is what Resident Evil is, that is the feeling that so many fans are looking for and the loss of that feeling is why so many fans complain about the newer games; it's just no longer there. Lost In Nightmares proves that Capcom can still bring the atmosphere and make it work with the new game-play, they just choose not to.

It's not just the game-play either, the story was pretty weak and uninteresting and I found myself skipping most of the cut scenes because of this. (Hell I still don't even know who Irving is.) Not to mention that hard-to-kill Wesker, the guy who has been cheating death since '98, was killed by a rocket launcher/volcano combo? Yeah...I'm disappointed. I seriously hated what he became, what they made him, after the first game but I was still severely disappointed with his ending.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
First off, welcome to REN! :D

As for your question, I agree with Hel in many ways. Resident Evil 4 was far more disappointing as both a game and a Resident Evil game - at least Resident Evil 5 had a couple of redeeming qualities, even if most happen to be downloadable content. To be quite honest, the best part of Resident Evil 5 was Lost In Nightmares simply because that is what Resident Evil is, that is the feeling that so many fans are looking for and the loss of that feeling is why so many fans complain about the newer games; it's just no longer there. Lost In Nightmares proves that Capcom can still bring the atmosphere and make it work with the new game-play, they just choose not to.

It's not just the game-play either, the story was pretty weak and uninteresting and I found myself skipping most of the cut scenes because of this. (Hell I still don't even know who Irving is.) Not to mention that hard-to-kill Wesker, the guy who has been cheating death since '98, was killed by a rocket launcher/volcano combo? Yeah...I'm disappointed. I seriously hated what he became, what they made him, after the first game but I was still severely disappointed with his ending.
Still better than most of thos mindless destrution games

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Just how you noted Re4 and 5

Personally i don't think fans now days cares which way RE takes

As long as it's worth the money
Fans do care, it's the people who just want a good game that don't care; there's a difference. And I'm sorry if people like Resident Evil 4 and 5 but there is a difference between being a good game and a good Resident Evil game. In my opinion, Resident Evil 4 is neither while Resident Evil 5 had the possibility of being a good game had the plot been better.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Fans do care, it's the people who just want a good game that don't care; there's a difference. And I'm sorry if people like Resident Evil 4 and 5 but there is a difference between being a good game and a good Resident Evil game. In my opinion, Resident Evil 4 is neither while Resident Evil 5 had the possibility of being a good game had the plot been better.
A little to much don'tya think

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Welcome to the forum :)

IMO RE5 was the worst Resident Evil game I played until ORC was released, then after that RE6 took the crown for worst Resident Evil game for me, but yeah as a game RE5 was ok, but as a Resident Evil game, it's terrible. It's still better than RE6 though IMO.

AgentZero

Welcome to the forum :)

IMO RE5 was the worst Resident Evil game I played until ORC was released, then after that RE6 took the crown for worst Resident Evil game for me, but yeah as a game RE5 was ok, but as a Resident Evil game, it's terrible. It's still better than RE6 though IMO.
I agreed with all this until you said it was better than 6. Dont get me wrong I dont like 6 (Mainly because of Chris' campaign) But I think it was better than 5.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I agreed with all this until you said it was better than 6. Dont get me wrong I dont like 6 (Mainly because of Chris' campaign) But I think it was better than 5.
I think 5 is only slightly better than 6 IMO, RE5 actually had replay value, you could unlock things to use in your 2nd or 3rd playthrough, while RE6 has zero replay value, it's so damn linear and scripted that you will get the same boring experience every time you play through it and there is nothing to unlock that would make another playthrough more fun.
That's just one of the reasons I guess.

AgentZero

Hmmmm, This slightly turns me away from 6 more because I LOVE replay value. Which is why ****tered memories is my favorite silent hill

Retrogamer

i liked that you could play solo with no co op instead of bad ai like re5, and a bigger inventory in re4.Aiming for headshot wasn't a problem either.

Top Bottom