• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 An interesting theory...

Dos

Of the male village Ganados, aside from Dr Salvador, there are four basic types:

Don Jose- the first one you encounter at the very start of the game. Middle aged, quite thin, decidely angry looking, a lot of facial hair and his cry of discovery when he sees you is usually "Agarrenlo!" (get him!)

Don Estaban- the fairly solid one with white hair. Looks quite old. His cry of discovery is usually "Un forastero!" (an outsider!)

Don Diego- fairly solid, bald head, facial hair and middle aged to old looking. His typical cry of discovery is "Os voy a romper a pedazos! (I'm going to tear you into pieces!)

Don Manuel- very thin, by far the youngest looking, usually clean shaven. Has a younger sounding voice than the others. Typical cry of discovery is "Ahi esta!" (There he is!)

The bottlecaps also mention a Don Pedro but as far as I can see he is just Don Estaban with a Plaga exploding from his head...

Anyway, I recently realised when playing through Chapter 4-2 and 4-3 that Don Manuel isn't present at all in either the Plaga mine in 4-2 or the catacombs and mine cart area in 4-3. There are two or three Manuels in the campfire area at the start of 4-3, but they're the only Manuels you'll ever see after Chapter 2-3. In fact, Don Jose isn't present in the Plaga mine either (only Diegos and Estabans down there), but is in the catacombs and minecart area.

So this begs the question: why? Would it be because Don Manuel is younger? Is he in fact so young that he's not considered old enough to do hard labour like mining? His absence seems odd when you consider that both Isabel and Maria, the two variants of the female Ganado, are present in the catacombs and mine cart area too. This makes me think his absence is age related...

People have pointed out before the lack of children in the game. Perhaps the Manuels are actually intended to be teenage boys, and therefore could be considered children, if a little older. The developers never gave information on the age of the villagers so it might just be possible...?

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
I must say you pay very much attention to all details! I've not noticed this yet, but then I've not spent much time in chapter 4-2.
But Manuel isn't that young? I remember him as a young adult, but I've not seen that guy in a few months because I didn't play.

Top Bottom