• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Am i the only one?

N7AVEN6ER

Am i the only one who sees this game for the low budget, psychological, indie game that it is. Ive been playing RE since the beginning and i still remember the Bio-Horror that we faced when we were walking through a hallway and a zombie dog jumps through the window or the very first time you see a zombie in that chilling cut scene. I remember the characters, Chris, Jill , Barry ,Wesker. I remember being terrified of just a single zombie in a room because all i had was my dick in my hand. I remember the mutations, turning corners never knowing what creature i was gonna get attacked by next. I DO NOT remember mannequins moving by themselves, crazy Rednecks chasing after you, ghosts, all trying to kill a random nobody who is supposed to be ME. What happened to going back to the roots of RE ? The story of characters that remain unfinished to this day. Imagine playing as Leon, Chris, Ashley even.. in a first person setting where you are trapped in a giant mansion with all sorts of mutated creatures trying to scrounge resources to survive. Am i the only one holding on to this idea, should i continue holding out or accept that the RE i know and love is gone?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium
I don't know. I mean, a lot of people have complained that RE hasn't been the same since RE-(X, Y, Z) So I don't think this time is any different with this RE. People are going to say that it doesn't feel like a real RE game and it should go back to its roots, because that argument has been around for a while now anyway. I don't think they'd give up with the already well-established characters, such as Leon, Chris, Claire, Jill etc.

I think that just because they try something different, it doesn't mean there's no hope for more of what you originally enjoyed making a return in the future. Don't give up hope. And you never know, you might be surprised and find that you actually end up liking RE 7. All you can do is wait and see.

N7AVEN6ER

Resident Evil 7 isnt due out till next year and i still dont know if im going to buy it. I didnt like the demo and even though they said its not indicative of the final game im still worried. The Gamescom trailer did not ease my worry at all, in fact it made it worse. I do not like the Baker trailer either. I keep looking for good things but keep coming up empty. You might be right and i could be surprised but the question is..Do i bite the bullet? I guess we will see when more is shared. Thanks for your reply

N7AVEN6ER

Yes, I'm actually replying to my own post from 4 months ago lol. Im telling myself to calm the **** down. I've been following RE7 ever since it's been announced and though i am still cautious, i am not as worried as i once was (still a bit worried as any fan would be). Im starting to look forward to playing this game on Jan 24th when it launches, so many aspects of the franchise are there that they didn't show in the demo. I hope this game is good and while there are none of the characters we know and love, who knows, maybe Ethan will be a lovable addition to the roster. Thank you everybody that replied and ill see you later

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Yes, I'm actually replying to my own post from 4 months ago lol. Im telling myself to calm the **** down. I've been following RE7 ever since it's been announced and though i am still cautious, i am not as worried as i once was (still a bit worried as any fan would be). Im starting to look forward to playing this game on Jan 24th when it launches, so many aspects of the franchise are there that they didn't show in the demo. I hope this game is good and while there are none of the characters we know and love, who knows, maybe Ethan will be a lovable addition to the roster. Thank you everybody that replied and ill see you later
i completely agree with everything.
I had my serious doubts and do still think this game is completely different.
I had my own share of distrust in this game and im still aprehensive,
But as a RE fan i owe it to capcom and myself to play it and give it an opinion upon completetion. I felt slightly excited the other day for it after feeling nothing for it.

I guess the truth lies in the game when we all get to experience it.

Top Bottom