• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

AM I GONNA DIE ?!

Mr.Tony

Well, yes i'm asking if i could have a heart attack while doing this during my gameplay of RESIDENT EVIL 7.
The thing is it's a little too risky, so i'm gonna speak anyway:
I wanna play RE7 with this Method without VR headset:
I will play it either Midnight: of 24/1 or 25/1, with a NON STOP GAMEPLAY, I will Lock my room and Set very very very close to the big TV...I will make it Dark as possible and than plug the earphones on my Controler, But it not all!
I'm thinking on drinking 3 Redbulls Cans and 3 or 4 cups of dark coffe to stay fully focused...
during the whole gameplay but im afraid that my heart will be bumping during the Energy drink effect and when i will get a Jump Scare out of somehow...Im afraid that my heart will simply STOP!...a huge shock can cause a problem..

-And please don't say im trolling because im not and if you think so just don't reply....Im not here to laugh on your responds...

What do you think is it safe ? Or will idie or something horrible during the gameplay ???

- Thanks for reading & answering.

Lithium

As an energy drink junkie... if you are not used to this much caffeine, it will be quite unhealthy. I don't know where you live, but over here (EU ;) ) Red Bull is usually sold in 250ml (about 8.5 oz) cans. A can equals 80 mg of caffeine. Dark coffee - depending on how you brew it and how large your cups are - has between 100 and 150 mg of caffeine (estimative). So.. with three cans of Red Bull and four cups of strong coffee you'll have a total of ~800mg of caffeine, which is a LOT! Intoxication starts at ~1g (1000mg) of caffeine, although this is still far from the lethal dose.
Of course, you won't drink it all at once, and caffeine stays in your bloodstream for abot 3-5 hours, but still... it's not healthy at all. Especially not when combined with playing a horror game for a prolonged period.
I don't think you would drop dead (unless you have a heart condition), but it's clearly far from safe.

Agent Spike

Don't do that, that's completely unhealthy. If you don't die, you will have health problems in the long run.

Mr.Tony

Thanks for your responses, Lithium and Agent Spike.
But look do you see the lists of RE titles that are on the lists on this forums, the Titles that are Canon and Side story...well i played and finished them all beside Umbrella Corps...and i mean them all..
I have PS1 2 3 4 PSP and PS VITA and Xbox 360 and the Wii and the Gamecube. Wish i had Xbox 1 and Xbox One too...
I feel obssesed with many game titles to the point were i wear the same clothes of cosplay as them and be them....
The fact that i bought RE7 for 95 Euros with Deluxe Edition is not easy...
But as a Huge fan...I wanna be the Protagonist i wanna wear the same clothes as him and Imagine that i have a wife named Mia ( I know a woman called Mia Khalifa that would fit that imaginatory for this role right now, although this will look like trolling it's not. ) And travel to the Future Jun 2017 or what ever the date is...Watch some Chainsaw massacre alike movies before playing it, go by night at abadoned farm or a house and break in it....I'm planing on doing many things like wear the same clothes like the protagonist and be Full aweak during the gameplay no matter how hard it is...Because i won't quit till i get the ending credits...I will hse the earphones with Volume to the Maxiumum to feel the Horror...wish i had VR....
You could say i wanna have some horrorthat night...what do you think ?

Besides, i wanna feel in Danger too...i mean like breaghing deeper and shaking in extrem fear...

+ NO GAME OVER FOR ME, If i did it i will turn the console off and go to sleep and NO SAVE DATA!

I wanna be Afread...Even a 8 months ago i had some sort of sqeezing in my heart like if its going to stop or something and it went for likevhalf an hour till i layed down and wanted to call my father out...It's like a heart attack that i get sometimes it's like if the blood stoped pumping and it hurts something like this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130119132419AAZ3YCz#
And that's what made me write this on here in this forums because i do know the risk is too high, but the experience of RE7 Advanture is so good too...

Please tell me also about the:
Dark room and setting infront very very very close the TV screen with High volume earphones...what do you think about it ??

Last edited:

Airaku

Stray Jedi
First of all... if you're having heart palpitations then STOP the energy drinks NOW! If you need some caffeine make sure it's sugar free energy drinks. I've talked to a few doctors about this and while caffeine is a simulant, a lot of the heart issues people had from them is due to sugar and caffeine mixed. They are not a good chemistry mixture for you.

If you're going to do this then request time off from work or school to get a lot of rest to plan for this. This isn't healthy in your condition and you should see a doctor. Sleep all day and get up around 10 or 11 to eat and set up and play. Get pop rather than energy drinks. It's not good for you either but it won't be as hard on your heart, but it will still help simulate your mind. Also playing in VR may actually keep you simulated enough to easily to stay up. I haven't personally tested this theory but it might work. Just hopefully it won't burn your eyes when you do get super tired.

Also from they way you speak of this. I wonder if your heart palpitations is actually due to stress, anxiety, and depression. Which absolutely can cause strain on your heart and body as a whole. You gotta relax a bit. I highly recommend you force yourself to sleep 10-12 hours if your planning to do an 20+ hours marathon and unsure if your body can handle it. Prepare for it and have fun. Maybe even get yourself some pizza for the hell of it. Make sure you rest back up after. I am concerned for ya. As for a jump scare giving you a heart attack.... I would not be worried about that at all. It'll get your blood pumping and adrenaline going but you should be fine unless your suffering from an illness where excitement can cause harm to you.

Mr.Tony

Thanks Airaku, somehow i feel attached to you as person like if you were my budy that i know from years ago....
Anyways, it seem to be funny but how can i stay focused and not tired or eyes burn during the gameplay ??? I mean how ?? How can i resist that 20+ Gameplay...just Like Ethan...

• This is weird...but in the place where i live there is no girl i know that has the name Mia...so somehow if i'm being Ethan the only person i consider as my wife for having a love story in my mind cast before meet the Bakers is Mia Khalifa...sorry but i know, sh has black hair just like mine and she almost likely look like me...even my name is no Ethanbut during the gameplay...
I WON'T:
Drink / Eat / Go to toilet unless Ethan / Protagonist does the same...i'll be thinking about Mia ( Mia Khalifa) and her love over me...and the good time we had...look honestly this may sound like trolling but it's not...and it might look like if im losing my mind and crazy but this was my problem on previes forums...which i mentioned when i first came here...
Please believe me Im not trolling even this sounds stupid...loving a fictional character and pretending she is your wife to get the most of the story....
Im looking to buy Ethan clothes -NO KIDDING.

Top Bottom