• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Revelations 2 after the success of revelations 2..i doubt we will see a reboot

TICOON42K

seeing as revelations 2 was successful i doubt we'll see a reboot... if capcom had a reboot in plan

-they would of never released revelations 2 (which is part of the current storyline)
- revelations 2 obviously leaves certain plot threads opening for a next game

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They don't really have to reboot anything.. they can just introduce all new characters&settings in the same universe.

Last edited:

e_etu

Soram ~
Does anyone know how much revelations 2 sold ? I hope they wont reboot , they should just replace claire and others with younger generation after Re7

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
It's number 7 in the UK game chart, but that's just the retail release and I'm guessing most people downloaded it.

TJay

Premium
It's number 7 in the UK game chart, but that's just the retail release and I'm guessing most people downloaded it.

I think the sales of the retail release will be consistent but not huge. I'm actually surprised it's as high as #7 as it's not even been out physically a full week yet, has it? So that's quite good.

Darth Spencer

I'd rather they just decanonize 6 than reboot. There's a number of things in the existing universe that I want to see more of. Spencer could return and I want to know who Project W was named after.

Denzil22

Premium
I hope thay don't reboot to we have invested to long in the characters we have now and the long running story. I know a lot of people get confused about the story. But if they start again it could take another 20 years to come up with something meaningful.

black 93

The reason capcom were thinkin about rebooting was because 6 messed up a lot of the story and after all the plot holes that were filled in RE5, 6 just felt like it pretty much ignored the entire story that came before it. People give 5 **** but it still had the core RE story, it dated back to the progenitor virus being extracted from flowers in africa, it closed wesker and spencers story which had been explored in RE0, and chris and jill were reunited. Re6 felt like its own thing with all the new characters and the godamn ada cloning, and weskers suddenly got a grown up son that had never even been mentioned, even though capcom had a perfect villain to use in Alex. I feel like 6 could be removed from the canonical timeline and not much would be lost. Revealtions 2 was a pretty good effort considering that capcom had to work the story to be canonical with 6 while also making it connect to the other games. I dont see any reason to reboot now, as long as they dont get too ambitious again like they did with 6.

agentcell

seeing as revelations 2 was successful i doubt we'll see a reboot... if capcom had a reboot in plan

-they would of never released revelations 2 (which is part of the current storyline)
- revelations 2 obviously leaves certain plot threads opening for a next game

Well it's a good thing that Revelations 2 was successful. Not just financially but as a game it was actually really good. I think a remastered edition of RE Zero and remakes of RE2 and RE3 would be nice.

Top Bottom